LUCCA, ITALY (July 9, 2013) NOW ON SALE

A new, growing section for more exciting news
margaret

Re: LUCCA, ITALY (July 9, 2013) NOW ON SALE

Post by margaret »

I had a holiday in Lucca a few years ago, a beautiful town.
If you can, stay as close to the old town as possible as there will be no need for taxis.

There are some nice bed and breakfast places on this link at reasonable prices.

http://www.hostelworld.com/search?searc ... city=Lucca

I wish I could join you, but money is limited this year :(

Margaret
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

its4inthemorning wrote:Help from someone familiar with Florence would be appreciated.
We are planning a vacation around the Lucca concert and will be spending several days in Florence before moving on to Lucca. A hotel called Mulino intrigues us and gets nice reviews. It is a rehabilitated mill about 5 miles west of center Florence right on the Arno. Location is very charming, and it offers periodic shuttle busses to/from Florence, but we would need to take taxi back to hotel when we eat dinner in Florence as last shuttle back leaves too early. If you know anything about taxis in Florence (availability in evening for rides out of city, costs, is fare same regardless of # of passengers), we would very much appreciate your input.

Any "inside tips" on hotels/apartments in Florence are also welcomed.

Thanks!
Ask your hotel to book your taxis. You won't be able to hail a Taxi and travel that far. So pre-booking is my advice.
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

http://www.hotelpuccini.com/ This place is good and central. If I'm in Lucca I try here first. Very friendly. For a good very efficiently run B&B a short walk outside the walls try: http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/rest-in ... tAod3TsAbA
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Yeah, at least three night in Lucca: July 9 (Leonard Cohen show) until July 11 (Nick Cave show).

Tickets for Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds are 39,90 Euros on same link, ticketone.it.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I just noticed on my bill: presale fee 15 Euros. I mean, presale fee. We are paying for our presales?

(OK, we are not paying our pre-sale, I see the answers bellow:)
On my ticket there's no handling fee as I got voucher by email (pick up at entrance).
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

You don't mean they charged both a pre-sale fee AND a handling fee? I guess they just called it a pre-sale fee but the standad handling fee on public sale is the same amount (or higher).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
hansr

Post by hansr »

jarkko wrote:You don't mean they charged both a pre-sale fee AND a handling fee? I guess they just called it a pre-sale fee but the standad handling fee on public sale is the same amount (or higher).
I think you are right, Jarkko. When you buy a ticket now in the general sale, you still pay a so called pre-sale fee.
2008 Rotterdam
2009 Antwerp, Colmar, Barcelona
2010 Malmo, Ghent (3x), Strassbourg, Lille
2012 Ghent (2x), Amsterdam (2x), London, Dublin, Paris, Lisbon
2013 Antwerp, Brussels, Lucca, Vienna, Oslo, Manchester, London, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Caren

Post by Caren »

Jarkko, they actually charged both a 19.50 € presale fee for EACH ticket and a handling fee 9.50€ . They had the highest fees I have ever encountered. But as you say, it's just called a presale fee because it's being charged in the general sale as well.

I am happy to have my tickets but those people know how to make money...
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

That 9,50 is a handling fee per shipment, right.
Something similar was also charged last year for
all sales to Verona
Here in Finland the fee is 2,50 per ticket plus
postage, charged by our local TM company.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

I just received tickets.

***photo removed - see below! / Jarkko***
Yes, and thanks, for the trouble you took from her eyes
I thought it was there for good so I never tried.
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

I am just urging caution (as others have done before) ... I am not sure it is a good idea to post a picture of a genuine ticket on here - probably the quality is not good enough to help the ticket fraudsters but you can never be too careful!!
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I deleted the ticket file from John's post - the bar code was clear enough to be copied and attached to a photoshopped ticket taken from other source. If you show your ticket in this way, there is a risk that you cannot enter the venue - a swindler has already presented a forgery with the same barcode! We know for sure that this has happened at least once to a member of this Forum.
andrea

Post by andrea »

I feel sorry to hear the fees are so high in Italy.....and considering that the organization is usually not as good as in other states... :oops: ...life in Italy is getting more expensive every day and everywhere and the crisis we are going through has given its part to this...
sorry having to say that ......but enjoy it, Lucca is a beautiful town, Piazza Napoleone is wonderful and you will surely love it ... I AM SURE THE CONCERT WILL BE EXCELLENT :-)

ciao
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
Caren

Post by Caren »

Andrea, I am sure the concert will be wonderful and Lucca will be lovely. We are very much looking forward to this particular concert.

Best, Caren
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
harald

Post by harald »

andrea wrote:I feel sorry to hear the fees are so high in Italy.....and considering that the organization is usually not as good as in other states...
But, Cara Andrea
the presales for Lucca and Rome were the best I followed for the 2013 tour.
I wished ticketone.it would handle all presales.
Not so chaotic this time the Italians.
Tanti saluti, Harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”