Hope for Europe? (Several threads merged)

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Zimmy66

Re: Hope for Europe? (Several threads merged)

Post by Zimmy66 »

catswhiskers wrote:Hope I have read this right----Uk concerts not before late August/September???
The suspense is killing me.I´m off to India again beginning of October,and am dreading the thought of missing out again!
Is there any chance of a Lisbon concert(he always does Lisbon)?? As thats where I used to live,I could always go back for a visit :D :D
That's my reading as well. Which fills me with great disappointment. I too now have a holiday booked for September/October. Which (sad though it is), was partially driven by my thoughts where the tour would be at that time. Oh well, at least I have the O2 to look forward to (? :-/) Would have loved to have welcomed Leonard back to Scotland though...
To live outside the law you must be honest
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

shoarma wrote:Any chance of a date in Belgium or the Netherlands .... waiting for the miracle ..... for the miracle to come :P

***patience! 8) / Jarkko***
Ah so easy to get to from where i live and so nice to visit especially if leonard is playing :)
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
harald

Post by harald »

Jarkko has lost his 3 points after Pula in his signature.
If somebody finds them, please send them urgently to Jarkko, so he can go to more concerts.
Harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

harald wrote:Jarkko has lost his 3 points after Pula in his signature.
If somebody finds them, please send them urgently to Jarkko, so he can go to more concerts.
Harald
I can't think of anything more distressing than losing those 3 little dots.

But there is still hope just as long as there is no ||

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

:lol:
Trying to locate those three dots ---Patience needed--- Looking forward to getting something after Pula, before ||
(Busy year, with New York, our Hydra meetup, Pula, and Galway Walking Weekend)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote::lol:
Trying to locate those three dots ---Patience needed---
You found them! I am so pleased for you Jarkko ...

Wendy
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Zimmy66 wrote: I too now have a holiday booked for September/October. Would have loved to have welcomed Leonard back to Scotland though...
The UK concerts will have to be over by September 19th., Zimmy - if not, those organising the Galway walking weekend beginning on that date will be very upset!
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
BrokenBanjo

Post by BrokenBanjo »

Couldn't find any cheap flights to any of the announced venues, and with the ticket prices and accommodation, decided I'd have to forgo this time. News of more UK dates is cheering. :D
Belfast: 26th July, 2009, Paris: 29th September, 2012
Looking forward to Birmingham, 8th September, 2013.
fusional

Post by fusional »

Jarkko, have you heard any talk of a possible Glastonbury appearance? June 28-30 is free, and he was adored by the festival in 2008....

***not going to happen / Jarkko***
endymion

Post by endymion »

Hi Jarkko, any chance of a date in Switzerland (for exemple at The Montreux Jazz Festival)?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

endymion wrote:Hi Jarkko, any chance of a date in Switzerland (for exemple at The Montreux Jazz Festival)?
Wasn't there a rumour last year that Leonard would play Montreux again in 2013 from someone who professed to be in the know - or is my memory playing tricks on me?!

Wendy
endymion

Post by endymion »

Wasn't there a rumour last year that Leonard would play Montreux again in 2013 from someone who professed to be in the know - or is my memory playing tricks on me?!

Wendy
Yes there has been a rumor about it.

But every year there are rumors about the Montreux Jazz Festival and not always correct.

For example, that Tom Waits will come to play. But we are still waiting...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

This year's festival program has not yet been announced.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
swisschris

Post by swisschris »

The Montreux Jazz Festival programme will be announced April 18th.
But I'd rather see Leonard somewhere else in Switzerland. Prices at Montreux Jazz Festival are often outrageous (f.ex. this year's 3 concerts of Prince - the only concerts already announced - cost 395 CHF (320 EUR) for seating and 175 CHF (142 EUR) for standing....and I suspect Leonard would be in the same league..

2008:Lyon July 9th, Lörrach July 25th, Zurich October 25th;
2009: Nimes August 20th;
2010: Basel September 8th;
2012: Verona September 24th;
2013: Montreux July 4th
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

jarkko wrote:You seem to forget the good news: several sources have confirmed on these pages that many UK dates are scheduled to this summer! According to what we've heard from AEG [as quoted on page of 6 this thread], they will be announced about 6 months before the concerts.
Just a reminder of what was said. 6 months would now bring us into early October - ain't going to happen, is it? (the 6 months' notice, I mean.) Since AEG info. was so misleading how about getting an update from them now?
Ring the bells that still can ring...

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”