MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
rtychonick

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Post by rtychonick »

The Miller Tavern (www.themiller.ca) is another option. And it's right across the street from the ACC.
JudyJudyJudy

Post by JudyJudyJudy »

only 2 weeks to go, yippeeeeeee!
John K.

Post by John K. »

I'll be driving up from Buffalo onTuesday for that evening's show and would enjoy seeing other Forum friends!

If my schedule allows I may stay over and go on Wednesday but it's hard to tell at this point.
JudyJudyJudy

Post by JudyJudyJudy »

John K. wrote:I'll be driving up from Buffalo onTuesday for that evening's show and would enjoy seeing other Forum friends!

If my schedule allows I may stay over and go on Wednesday but it's hard to tell at this point.
sounds good John, now if we can get an agreement on locations here!

there are many options, I propose:
edits for reservation confirmation

ACC address: 40 Bay Street, Toronto, Ont

Tues Dec 4: ,
Pre-concert: @ 5:00 PM? or earlier? head over to ACC from 6:30 onwards? to check out souvenirs? confirmed reservation, for 10 under "Leonard" or Judy @ 5:00
Marché, 181 Bay Street, Brookfield Place (it's inside the "mall" building and the restaurant is closer to Yonge St. than to Bay, if you enter on Bay, you need to walk East to other end of the white arches)
http://www.torontopath.com/view/marche- ... place.aspx, closes @ 11:00 PM
647-350-6999

Post-concert: The Irish Embassypub.com
http://www.irishembassypub.com confirmed reservation, for 10 under "Leonard" arrival 11:00-11:30, seated together, pay together, 15% gratuity added on
49 Yonge St., closes at 2:00 AM!
416-866-8282x33

Wed Dec 5
Pre-concert: @ 5:00 PM? or earlier? head over to ACC from 6:30 onwards? to check out souvenirs? they'll confirm reservation with me on Tuesday, for 10 under "Leonard" @ 5:00

The Miller Tavern, 31 Bay Street
http://www.themiller.ca/Bay/main.html closes at 12:00
416-366-5544

Post-concert: The Irish Embassypub.com
http://www.irishembassypub.com confirmed reservation, for 10 under "Leonard" arrival 11:00-11:30, seated together, pay together, 15% gratuity added on
49 Yonge St., closes at 2:00 AM!
416-866-8282x33

so not good for post concert, closes early.. possible for those who want to go before hand.
The Fox on Bay, 35 Bay Street,
http://www.foxonbay.ca/
closes at 10:00, sometimes 11:00

Just a couple of notes: I have no affiliation with any of the above.
I've only been to Marché and The Irish Embassy,
the others The Fox, The Miller come recommended by Rtychonick
sorry to busy the post with the telephone numbers, but it's an easy reference for me to book the places, save me looking again.

JUST SAY the word..
~yes. to locations? and I will book the places and times.
~yes. to showing up, by making a post so we can do a head count for the reservations.

there have been 570 and 255 Views in this post and in the other link which I will make a cross post to this one..
so not sure how many want to attend, considering it's a sold out concert for Dec 4 and added another show.. there might be more than the 6/7 or so who posted who would like to attend?

I'm from Toronto and a wee bit sad that the spirit for LC is not stronger! ... but maybe we're just distracted by the Argo's Grey Cup win and Rob Ford's ousting? LOL

will have little LC treats and momentos to whoever comes to the pre-post concert events if I can get my act together!

Judy
Last edited by JudyJudyJudy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Replying from sunny Montreal :D I don't mind where the meetups are as long as they are close to the ACC. Wherever is decided add me and Mandy to the list attending both days.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
vern.silver

Post by vern.silver »

Will be there for tuesday concert and will drop by Embassy afterwards to see if anyone is there. Also friend may tag along.
Vern
"Clarence said a striking thing about rowing that I've always valued ... that he liked rowing because you were approaching life backward. You could clearly see the past, and you glanced quickly at the future over your shoulder.' Jim Harrison.
JudyJudyJudy

Post by JudyJudyJudy »

ok. numbers so far:
8-10

Musicmania - and from Montreal?the concert must have been fabulous!
Mandy
chillymidnight
John K.
vern.silver & friend
Judyjudyjudy
rtychonick?
Bushwoman?
Cate? likely not...
John K.

Post by John K. »

JudyJudyJudy wrote:ok. numbers so far:
8-10

Mandy
chillymidnight
John K.
vern.silver & friend
Judyjudyjudy
rtychonick?
Bushwoman?
Cate? likely not...
Hi Judy - thanks for the leadership! It looks like I will be around for the Tuesday show but not Wednesday. I'll join you all at both the pre and post concert events on tuesday. See you then!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
JudyJudyJudy

Post by JudyJudyJudy »

John K. wrote:
JudyJudyJudy wrote:ok. numbers so far:
8-10

Mandy
chillymidnight
John K.
vern.silver & friend
Judyjudyjudy
rtychonick?
Bushwoman?
Cate? likely not...
Hi Judy - thanks for the leadership! It looks like I will be around for the Tuesday show but not Wednesday. I'll join you all at both the pre and post concert events on tuesday. See you then!
my pleasure,
see you then!

just edited earlier post for confirmation of reservations.
with the Irish embasssy, they said it might be a 10 or so min wait, while they get the tables ready cause they'd be usually busy at that time. but they were willing to accomodate.
also, we'd have to pay together and 15% gratuity added (which is typical of most places)

if that's still good with everyone, we'll continue with the reservation,
if anyone would prefer somewhere else, now is the time to speak! ;o)
J
vern.silver

Post by vern.silver »

All lolls great. See all there.
Vern
"Clarence said a striking thing about rowing that I've always valued ... that he liked rowing because you were approaching life backward. You could clearly see the past, and you glanced quickly at the future over your shoulder.' Jim Harrison.
John K.

Post by John K. »

vern.silver wrote:All lolls great. See all there.
Vern
Me too Judy! Sounds great!

Andrei

Post by Andrei »

Hello everyone!

I am a long time (relative to my own life haha) listener/reader of Leonard's from Vaughan (just north of Toronto). I'm going by myself on the 4th and I'd love to join you for a pre-show dinner if you'll allow me. Please let me know if there is space in the reservation for one more :)

Considering it's a sold out show at the Air Canada Centre I'm surprised more people who are going aren't on this forum!

Love,
Andrei
JudyJudyJudy

Post by JudyJudyJudy »

Andrei wrote:Hello everyone!

I am a long time (relative to my own life haha) listener/reader of Leonard's from Vaughan (just north of Toronto). I'm going by myself on the 4th and I'd love to join you for a pre-show dinner if you'll allow me. Please let me know if there is space in the reservation for one more :)

Considering it's a sold out show at the Air Canada Centre I'm surprised more people who are going aren't on this forum!

Love,
Andrei
Hi Andrei, you're more than welcomed! Well just add more chairs and get cosier with one another!
And yes, I'm surprised there is not much more involvement on the forum too, but maybe it's because either it (the forum) is not that we'll known or else there isn't that high an Internet usage among die hard fans??? Not sure, just a couple ideas.

Anyways for anyone else reading this who may want to join last minute or un-announced, for the pre concert meet-ups at 5:00 I'm positive both places can accommodate , and for the post concert at the Irish embassy, I don't know of many bars that will turn away people.. Just there might be smaller pockets of us at another table (here's hoping!)
See you all there! 2 and 3 more sleeps before the big event!

J
Andrei

Post by Andrei »

Great - thanks Judy! Yeah, a combination of both of those reasons might do it.

See everyone soon!

-A
John K.

Post by John K. »

Andrei wrote:Great - thanks Judy! Yeah, a combination of both of those reasons might do it.

See everyone soon!

-A
I just want to compliment Judy on doing such a good job of coordination on this! I came to the forum this morning to copy down the names and addresses of the places for tomorrow night and see even more updating! Thank you!

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”