OCT 31 MEET-UP IN AUSTIN TEXAS

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
bridger15

Re: Meetup in Austin, Texas

Post by bridger15 »

joyezekiel wrote:Arlene.... Mark and I will be travelling over from Houston in the afternoon sometime, so would be happy to pick you up from your hotel and transport you to wherever we decide to meet. I think this could be a sort of Nashville event!!!!!

Joy
Joy, you are very kind. Closer to the date, we can talk about this and exchange cell numbers.
Ah, Nashville. It is still my all time favourite concert experience. :D
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Thank you Grace, for your kind words. They are much appreciated.
Looking forward to meeting you and everybody there.
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

We are planning to meet Wednesday, Oct 31, 2012 before the concert at Gabriel's Cafe/Bar in the AT&T Hotel/Conference Center anytime between 3:30 -7 p.m. This will be an informal Meet-Up with Leonard's fans dropping in and out throughout the afternoon. Stay as long or as short as you want. Gabriel's Cafe is about a 15 minute walk to the Bass Concert Hall where Leonard will appear. Both the Bass Concert Hall and the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center are on the University of Texas Austin campus. Please see the links below for more details:

http://www.meetattexas.com/gabriels-cafe.php (Link to Gabriel's Cafe/Bar)

http://www.meetattexas.com/downloads/ga ... e-menu.pdf (Link to Gabriel's Menu)

http://goo.gl/maps/Uecw3 (Walking Directions from Gabriel's to Bass Concert Hall)

Concert starts 8 p.m. Will-Call tickets available for pick-up 6:30 p.m.

Anyone else attending the Oct 31, 2012 Austin concert? Please join us!

Regards,
GraceC
p.s. Please continue to monitor thread for updates and corrections and feel free to PM me.
Last edited by GraceC on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Anyone else joining us in Austin on Oct 31? Come on along. It's gonna be fun!
GC
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Oct. 31 Austin Meet-Up.

The AT&T Hotel and Conference Center sent me walking directions from Gabriel's Cafe (located in the AT&T) to the Bass Concert Hall on University of Texas/Austin campus:

Link: http://goo.gl/maps/Uecw3

GC
Chelle

Re: OCT 31 MEET-UP IN AUSTIN TEXAS

Post by Chelle »

My Husband (BuiltToLast) and I will be flying in from Atlanta on the morning of the 31st, so we'd love to try to stop by and say hello, even though we're new to the forum.

We're so excited to see Mr. Cohen... this will be our first time seeing him Live... and this will be our first time out of town without kids in 10+ years! :D
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Welcome Chelle,
I'm happy you and your husband will be joining us. This will be my first Leonard Cohen too and I've been bursting with excitement for months. Oct 31 can't get here soon enough.

Sounds like you and hubby will be having a second honeymoon. What a wonderful way to celebrate!

GC
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

Thank you very much, Grace! We're counting down the days. This is going to be the longest month ever, lol.

This trip to see Mr. Cohen is our anniversary... and Christmas... and Valentine's gift to each other, heheh. We're celebrating 14 years married and 19 together. There's nothing we'd rather do than make it to this show... except making it to multiple shows... or meeting Mr. Cohen, himself, but that's pushing it, hahah.

We're looking forward to meeting others who share the same respect and love for Mr. Cohen as we do.

If any locals have any tips on "must-dos" while we're in town, I'd greatly appreciate it. We won't have a vehicle, but we're staying within walking distance of Bass Hall. :)
cindyty

Post by cindyty »

my husband and I will be driving in from Alabama. We are staying at judges hill. it's 1.6 miles from venue. I'm new to forum, although have spent many hours reading posts. we are very excited. this is my birthday present. it's our 1st Leonard Cohen concert. I can't wait!!! the meet up sounds really fun!
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Hi Cindyty, Yay! Another Friend of Leonard joining us. WELCOME! Lucky you staying at Judges Hill. What a great birthday gift you're about to receive. I'm staying at the AT&T Hotel, flying in the morning of Oct 31. Looking forward to meeting you.
GC
cindyty

Post by cindyty »

Thank you! We are really excited about this opportunity! Plus maybe meeting new friends!
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

I will be there!!! Very excited to meet up! Hello everyone! I haven't been on the forum. But I sure do appreciate the Cohen Heads! We are lucky!
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

I wonder where is the best place to stay? Any hotel recommendations? I guess, in walking distance is best. Getting closer now!
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Hi BoxofRain,
The closest hotel I could locate that is within walking distance is the AT&T Hotel/Conference Center. Glad to hear you'll join us for the pre-concert Meet-Up.
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

cindyty wrote:Thank you! We are really excited about this opportunity! Plus maybe meeting new friends!
Cindyty, I sent you a PM. Link at top of page.
GC

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”