OCT 31 MEET-UP IN AUSTIN TEXAS

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
GraceC

Re: Meetup in Austin, Texas

Post by GraceC »

lizzytysh wrote:HA! And to think I referred you here... you're already knee deep in place! Please count me in... and I'm sure Laura and her two, maybe three, friends, as well. I'll double check with her and come back to let you know.

~ Lizzy
You got it, Lizzy!

Oct 31 Meet-Up Austin
AustinDeadhead
AYergin
GraceC
Joe Way
Laura & Friends
Lizzytysh
Mutti
POZEST
Texasguy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Okay, Grace... Confirmed for Laura and her 3 friends [so 5 total of us].
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Hi everyone!

Mark and I will be at the October 31st concert. We're probably going to be driving over from Houston that day and back again after the concert as we have to be back at work on Thursday. However, we plan to take Wednesday off and get over to Austin early, so a meetup beforehand would be brilliant. We know Austin a little, but are not familiar with the area around the venue, so will go with the flow!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Greetings!

I am still wondering if anyone has any ideas on Meet-Up locations in Austin on Oct. 31. Until we get some offerings, I have information about Gabriel's Cafe/Bar at the AT&T Hotel/Conference Ctr where I am staying the night of the concert. AT&T is a 15 minute walk to the Bass Concert Hall. Gabriel's can accommodate 140 people for drinks and light food (100 inside, 40 outside). It is open 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. the day of the concert. If we decide on this location, the manager just asks that we inform him of our approximate number around mid-Sept. Link below for more info on Gabriel' and the AT&T.

http://www.meetattexas.com/gabriels-cafe.php
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Here is a tentative list of confirmed and maybe's for Austin Meet-Up Oct. 31

AustinDeadhead
AYergin
GraceC
Joe Way
Joyezekiel
Laura & 3 Friends
Lizzytysh
Mutti
POZEST
Texasguy
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Gabriel's Cafe looks good (and I like the angelic connection!)

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Thanks for doing this. Gabriel's Cafe would be great. There are a quite a few others who may be attending who haven't responded yet. Austin seems to be one of the most intimate spots on the U.S. tour. Anne & I have always wanted to visit for many reasons. Guy Clark sang about the "Chile Parlour Bar"-I think Roscoe is really proud of that city.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Hi Joe Way,
Thanks for responding and for your input on Gabriel's. I should state again that this is my first trip to Austin. If there are Cohenites living in/near Austin who can come up with a better Meet-Up location than Gabriel's at the AT&T Ctr., please let us know your suggestions. I'll try to keep the thread active and near the top of the Forum in the interest of getting suggestions and more participants.

Who else wants to join us pre-concert on Oct 31? Oh, come on......don't be shy.
GC
mutti

Post by mutti »

Grace thank you for starting this thread! I have never been to Austin so do not now what to suggest as a meet up place but I am fine with wherever.
I would request that we meet early so that we can get to the venue when the doors open as that is a great time to look at the merchandise tables.
I also would suggest that its ok if people can't commit right now to a meet up that if you want to stop by wherever the meetup is for a coffee or drink as its always fun to connect.
Cheers!
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Leslie and fellow Cohenites,

Absolutely, Let's keep this Meet-Up as informal as possible. When I talked with the manager of Gabriel's I told him that if we decided to Meet-Up there, concert-goers might be coming and going from around 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. This, of course, is not etched in stone. How does that sound?

Here is an updated list of screen names who will or might attend a Meet-Up Oct 31.

AustinDeadhead
AYergin
GraceC
Joe Way
Joyezekiel
Laura & 3 Friends
Lizzytysh
Leslie (Mutti)
POZEST
Texasguy
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Thank you so much Grace for organizing this. What a great idea to have it flexible so people can come and go at different times.
Like Leslie, I would prefer to arrive at the theatre early. And Leslie made a good point about the merch stand.
It will be less crowded to shop. :D
And seeing as this is the premiere concert of the North America leg, there may be some unique goodies there.
The 15 min walk is not doable, so I will take a taxi if anyone cares to join me.

Please add my name to the list.

---Arlene Dick (bridger15)
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

Hello Arlene Dick!!!!!
Welcome!
What a pleasure to meet you. I am a religious follower of your Scrapbook and I am ever so glad you are joining us!! YAY!!!
GC
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Arlene.... Mark and I will be travelling over from Houston in the afternoon sometime, so would be happy to pick you up from your hotel and transport you to wherever we decide to meet. I think this could be a sort of Nashville event!!!!!

Joy
regensburg

Meetup in Austin, Texas

Post by regensburg »

Anybody heard of meet-ups in L.A. Or Denver?
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

regensburg wrote:Anybody heard of meet-ups in L.A. Or Denver?
Hi Reg...
The Los Angeles meetup thread is here viewtopic.php?f=61&t=32201
I don't see a Denver meetup thread yet. So why don't you start one and I'll post on it.
This is for Austin so I don't want to go off topic.
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”