San Jose Meet Up

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
POZEST

San Jose Meet Up

Post by POZEST »

The last time I was in San Jose to see Leonard Cohen, we met up at the following(text copied and pasted from Molly's origianl post in Oct. 2009):

Quote:
Dinner at the Hedley Lounge, Hotel De Anza (http://www.hoteldeanza.com/)
I talked to the catering manager (Jan) at the Hotel De Anza and she said that the best plan is for the first person who arrives to reserve an area for the rest of us (probably about 25 people). She said that when you go into the Hedley Lounge there is a big area to the right with couches and tables that would be suitable for us. We can order food individually once we arrive. She assured me that the service would be fast as I explained that a lot of us need to go and pick up our tickets at 6:00. I’ll try and get there about 4:00 but if anyone staying at the De Anza is there earlier then so much the better (I’m staying at the Fairmont).
// End of Quote

I suggest we do this place again. I thought it was a hit.

Discuss.
Last edited by POZEST on Fri May 25, 2012 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
POZEST

Re: San Jose Meet Up

Post by POZEST »

The hotel deanza to the HP pavilion is 0.3 miles. A 7 minute walk according to google.

Last time at least a dozen of us walked .:)
catastrophe

Post by catastrophe »

I'm so glad there will be a San Jose meet-up! I'll couldn't get a friend to come to the show, so I was afraid I would be a lonesome hero that night. it will be lovely to meet some of you. There's lots of hidden parking down Notre Dame and Almaden, and a great happy hour, so Hedley is a perfect pick.
Gary Singh

Post by Gary Singh »

Greetings all! Last time Leonard played here, I was the journalist who wrote this cover story:
http://www.metroactive.com/metro/11.11. ... -0945.html
It was one of the funnest things I ever did.

I am no longer on staff at that paper, but I will be at the show. Would love to meet any and/or all of you. I can essentially walk to the show from where I live. Should I just arrive at the Hedley Cub? Or is there another meeting place?

With palms together,
Gary
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Yes just gone by the hedley.

It doesn't seem we will have the fifty plus(quantity) people that attended the last time, but we will make a night if it anyways. :)

My # if anyone needs it 213.400.0723
jazzfan

Post by jazzfan »

:D

I'm also one without a friend able to attend, I'd love to meet up at the hedley! I've already my ticket(s) and so I'll not need to go pick up. If I heard correctly there may be free parking near that location?

Good times ahead,

John
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

I'll arrive there between 5-530pm

All are invited; I'll be wearing a lanyard with the current tour badge; same for my GF.

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”