Gratitude and Thanks

The Dublin Event - before and after
Paula McCann

Gratitude and Thanks

Post by Paula McCann »

Good morning, friends,

It seems so long ago now.......

Two weeks have passed since the Leonard Cohen Dublin Event and I'm just getting around to posting this note of thanks from the organising committee.

It was a huge labour of love working together to bring the LC Dublin event to fruition. We set out to bring you an action-packed weekend filled with poetry, songs, music, craic, laughter and friendship. From all the comments and feedback - I think we succeeded!

Thanks and gratitude to all who made it possible.

On behalf of the organising committee it was an honour and privilege to welcome you all in Dublin and to have the opportunity of hosting the Leonard Cohen Event in our capital city.

And to Our Man Leonard -- he who makes it all possible - love and gratitude from this city of poets and singers.

Paula
for the organising committee
Rita Garland

Re: Gratitude and Thanks

Post by Rita Garland »

Dear Paula and team - my thanks to you too. I had so much fun preparing and attending the event! The photos posted bring back lovely memories and each time I pass by Liberty Hall (doing back to school shopping with kids in town!) a smile appears on my face.
Is there any video recording of our performance at "Open Mic" - we got so enthusiastic preparing these songs that we decided to keep up our group as a Leonard Cohen tribute band and call ourselves - "Leonard's Corner"!
Rita
chrissie01

Post by chrissie01 »

Paula, it was such a beautiful event, and even though we could only attend the two weekend concerts, we felt we had a thoroughly satisfying and inspiring time....and it was lovely to meet friends, some for the first time. You and your team could not have done more...Maybe you have had a chance to rest and sleep easy now! Take care, Chrissie and Kevin.
And you want to travel with him
And you want to travel blind
And you think maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with his mind
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

Hi Rita,
I would have video of your performance in open mic. To process it I would need to know when you performed and what you sang. I would have time to edit and upload the video next week sometime.
Thanks!
Best regards. - Kim
Pmcq

Post by Pmcq »

Hi Kim,
I also played at the open mic (second last, Suzanne and if it be your will) and would appreciate if you could post my performance as well as that of Rita. Thank you in anticipation
Paddy McQuaile
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

Hi Rita,

Your performance is 16 minutes. I am uploading a 960 x 540 version to Facebook now, ready about three hours from now. Permissions are set to public but I can change that in any way you wish. I will also create an HD version of the video (1280 x 720) to upload to YouTube, there also let me know how you want permissions handled. I can send you the HD video file on DropBox so you can further edit it for your own uses. Let me know your wishes by Email, write to: Kim.Solez@UAlberta.CA

Thanks! - Kim
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

Hi Paddy, yes I will do your video tomorrow, after Rita's. Best regards. - Kim
Pmcq

Post by Pmcq »

Thank you Kim,I look forward to that
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

Rita Garland

Post by Rita Garland »

Kim- This is wonderful!! Thank you so much for doing this - I am so happy to be able to share this with our families. I look forward to meeting again at Hydra or Amsterdam. I think I got hooked into these LC events...
Love,
Rita
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

Hi Rita,

You are very welcome! I am glad you like the video! The YouTube version will be at http://youtu.be/2eXGoeHqDT0 about two hours from now.

All the best. - Kim
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

Paddy, your Facebook video is at https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 1457177571 . You Tube video in process!

Best regards. - Kim
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

Paddy, the YouTube video will be at http://youtu.be/hndeIRF-zQ0 in about three hours' time. Best regards. - Kim
Last edited by KimSolez on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pmcq

Post by Pmcq »

Kim,great stuff,I can't thank you enough.If I see you on Hydra or Amsterdam I owe you a drink or a meal or both.I also enjoyed rita's video,especially her own song.
Thanks again and kind regards.
Paddy
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

Thanks, Paddy! I will be at the Amsterdam event and back in Hydra for sure, so you may get to do it twice! Glad you like the video!

Best regards. - Kim

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”