Thank you Dublin!

The Dublin Event - before and after
Mabeanie1

Thank you Dublin!

Post by Mabeanie1 »

The 2014 Event is over and a fine time was had by all. There have been plenty of accolades on Facebook but I wanted to be the first person here, on the Forum, to say thank you to Paula, Albert, Marie, Sheila and everybody else involved for putting on such a fantastic event. They did a grand job, from the opening meet up at the Landsdowne through tours and concerts to the late night craic and music at Liberty Hall, everything was just right. A special thank you goes to the staff at Liberty Hall for letting us drink their bar dry through to the early hours.

Dublin will be a hard act to follow but I have no doubt that Wijbe and Willy will be up to the task.

Wendy
Janetld

Re: Thank you Dublin!

Post by Janetld »

I would like to say thank you to the organisers and everyone else too, it was my first event and I expected it to be good, but it far exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed it all, and appreciate the effort so many people had put in. I am already looking forward to the next event, Janet
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

I would like to add my thanks to the Dublin team for organizing a superb event. Every detail was perfect, from the choice of venues, to the "goodie bags", to the amazing entertainment which we enjoyed each evening. It will be a hard act to follow.... but we have another great team lined up.... and of course, we have the music!

Thanks everyone!
Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

I am just back from Dublin after spending four wonderful days at the event.
I would like to thank Paula and the committee for putting on a fantastic show .
Everything was organised with precision and professionalism . Jean and I had a wonderful time.
It was our first visit to Dublin but it will not be our last . The city has history,culture and a wide range of things to entertain a curious mind . However the one overriding memory I have is the warmth and generosity of Dubliners . The people of Dublin are generous and gracious to a fault such as the taxi driver who jumped out of his moving cab when he saw us scratching our heads with a map of the city in our hands to the young girl who was walking in the opposite direction but willingly diverted her journey to show us where we needed to be .
The only " awkward " moment we encountered was at breakfast on the first morning when I instinctively asked for "a full English " . The young waiter looked at me sternly and said " I think you will find that should be full Irish sir" . Then after a short pause and with expert comedic timing he winked and smiled at me and said " coming up Sir " . Our fabulous holiday had begun!
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Eija and I are on our way back home - we are now flying over Denmark (Norwegian has free wifi onboard!).

We had a memorable - and busy!- week. First some days in Galway and Doolin with Joe, Anne, Marco and Andrea, guided by our friend Joe Costello. We couldn't join the Galway Walking Weekend last fall, and were happy to see the area now. Thanks JoeC for taking good care of us!

We arrived in Dublin on Thursday for this magnificent Event. Love and thanks to Paula, Sheila, Marie, Albert, and all performers and participants for making this such a wonderful experience!

We all are also grateful to Leonard for the kind greeting he provided to the Event booklet, the Book of Longing pins he asked Kezban to send us, and the awesome concert video Ed Sanders prepared just for this happening.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

Merci Paula, Marie, Sheila and Albert for putting this amazing week end together; it must have meant a great deal of work!
It was great to see all friends and to meet new ones
Thank you also to LC for his kindness to us
Aren't we lucky to admire such a great person?
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

Thank you for a wonderful weekend in Dublin ! I , and many others , had a superb weekend in the 'city of poets ' , it was my first event and I hope to come to many others.
A big thank you too to Leonard , for his warmth and generosity to his fans.
Thank you all again.
Steve
maphoner

Post by maphoner »

I just want to add my thanks to everybody involved with the organisation of the Dublin event. It was great craic!
Tom : -))
of course you say you can't complain
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

We greet you all from Edinburgh having left Dublin this afternoon. We had an absolutely fantastic time! Our thanks also go out to Paula, Sheila, Marie & Albert-you outdid your selves and put on an unforgettable event.

Thanks so much also to the friends both old and new who made this such a pleasurable time. Ireland is an amazing country and we look forward to our return!

Joe & Anne
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
andrea

Post by andrea »

MILLE GRAZIE also from Italy

Dear Dublin Event organizers , thanks soooooo much for your phantastic Event organization, thanks
Paula, Marie, Sheila , Albert and all involved to it , the artists, volonteers and of course thanks to Leonard .

We are back in Verona and happy to have experienced Ireland in such a beautiful way. First the Galway days with Jarkko & Eija, Anne & Joe and Joe C...and then the Dublin weekend, just an amazing time.

We appology for having left so quickly after the wonderful sunday evening concert without good bye´s to our friends , we had to be in the airport at 5 am...so we really hurried to go and get a few hours of sleep .

In this article also the Dublin Event has been named :-)

http://www.lastampa.it/2014/08/11/blogs ... agina.html

MILLE GRAZIE !!!
Andrea & Marco
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

So many memories from a few special days of friendship, music, laughter and sharing our love of Leonard.

Many thanks to Paula, Marie and Albert and Sheila for all their hard work. It must have seemed daunting at times but they presented us with a first class Event! Thanks also to Leonard for his generosity and for being with us in spirit.

What fun it was. Old friends, new friends, diverse and exciting concerts, the screening of the Auckland concert, exploring the streets of Dublin...and even my first taste of Guinness! The reception at the Canadian Embassy and the Lord Mayor's reception the next morning were added touches of perfection.

Don't want to rush time but so looking forward to the next Event in 2016!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have posted the complete Dublin booklet and other Event information (including Leonard's geeting). You'll find them at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/dublin-index.html
Some last-minute names are still to be added to the list of participants.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Henning

Post by Henning »

And here comes the "Dankeschön" from Germany. Great performers, beautiful surrounding and wonderful cameraderie. Please send us a photo from Chapter One, Paula and team. You all deserve a Chef's creation for your labour. So Amsterdam is next in Europe. The motto: "Nollelujah" :-)
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Thanks to all the commitee and all the participants and performers. It was my first time at a Leonard Cohen event and it far surpassed my expectations. I look forward to meeting more of you somewhere down the road. :D
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
Diane

Post by Diane »

Yes, huge thanks to Paula, Sheila, Marie and Albert. None of us will forget your perfect offering any time soon.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”