Thank you Dublin!

The Dublin Event - before and after
blonde madonna

Re: Thank you Dublin!

Post by blonde madonna »

Please add our thanks to the Irish team. We had a wonderful time in Ireland, making our way to Dublin via Galway, Ennis, Killarny, Cork and Kilkenny experiencing beautiful scenery, tasty food and music everywhere. The music in Dublin was the best, five talented acts that all had their different takes on Cohen's music, we were spoilt.

Sorry we had to leave so soon on Sunday night but we also had to leave early in the morning for a long day of flying to get back to Melbourne. We still had the music playing in our heads though, Jim spent much of the flight listening to Nick Cave thanks to The Van Diemens but I couldn't (didn't want to) get Tir Na nOg's fantastic cover of 'true love leaves no traces' out of my head so a big thank you to the lovely person who videoed it and uploaded it to YouTube!

All the best to everyone involved in the weekend, I think we're satisfied.
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

Just would like to add my thanks to the organisers and all helpers. A truly outstanding event. You struck the absolutely perfect balance between a superbly organised event and a relaxed, sociable meet-up. Great information and commentary were provided throughout the weekend. Outstanding acts. Unsurpassed hospitality. Great friendships established, re-newed and strengthened.
Paula, Sheila, Albert & Marie and your team should be extremely proud of everything you achieved. This event will long live in the memory....
I have just watched the videos again of the Tír Na nÓg version of True Love Leaves No Traces & Gerry Tully's Raglan Road. Although all the performances were fantastic these two, from artists that I had never listened to before, stand out for me and will definitely be on my playlist from now on.
Once again, well done guys and we hope to see you again down the road.........

Regards,

Scott & Helen
Last edited by ScottM on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

...and I'd like to add my thanks and love and appreciation to the paeans of praise rightly falling on you lovely organisers of the Dublin event. THANK YOU. Very memorable and lots of fun. I arrived home very tired (from burning the proverbial candle late) but satisfied... Enjoyed it all from the Lansdowne Hotel meetings, to the great selection of bands/individual musicians every night, to the spoken word, to the Open Mic ( next time!), to the wonderful dvd, to jamming, to seeing all my Cohen mates again. Yo!
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Paula, Sheila, Marie, Albert and not forgetting Helen. You did an amazing job!!!!

It was a fantastic weekend

You made me proud to be a Dubliner

Thanks folks

See you soon

Tinders xxx
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi All,
Like so many others I'd like to thank everyone from the organising committee and others who were involved for the great event they put on in Dublin.
The quality of the acts amazed me and I'd a make a special effort to see them again.

I also enjoyed the evening at The Lansdowne Hotel and it was good to chat to people I haven't seen for a little while and others who I met for the first time.
Others who were not there were missed and thought of.

From then on, because of work before I arrived, and walking (and possibly age and Guinness), I was tired, and didn't chat and mingle as much as I would have liked. I apologise.
I'll pace myself in Amsterdam (maybe!).
Thanks again for a special event and being the people you are,
Take care
Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks to all who signed our Dublin greeting card. Very sorry we had to miss such a great time. Obviously wonderful job by organizers and helpers. Congrats on such fine success.

Love
Dick and Linda
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thanks everyone who sent me a Dublin card with greetings. Very kind of you all. I was very very happy to receive it.
It sounds like it was a huge success and a wonderful experience! Paula, Marie, Albert and Sheila it seems like you organized a great event.
So many friends were there and you all made it so easy for those of us not there to have a taste and glimpse of some of the events. Thank you Gwen and Tony for your photos and Albert for the videos.
Cheers to all of you and thank you again.
I really appreciate it.
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

" Hartelijk dank" Many thanks to the organizers, Paula, Sheila, Marie, Albert and all the helpers who made this unforgettable Dublin event happen.

Willy and Wijbe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Paula and the whole organising team, congratulations on a splendid event! :D There was such a nice variety of performances (including spoken word and interview segmernts), plus a good balance between scheduled activities and informal drinking/singing sessions. 8)

I'm still travelling in Europe (England now), but hope to reflect on and digest more from this event once I return home. ;-)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”