is he trying to avoid us?

The Dublin Event - before and after
liverpoolken

is he trying to avoid us?

Post by liverpoolken »

just a week or so before we are due at the mansion house CHRISTY MOORE (blessed be his name) along with the bray singer's circle and other local artists turned up to give a song in dublin's mansion house to celebrate larry o'toole's appointment as deputy lord mayor of dublin
c6.jpg
then bugger me but doesn't CHRISTY (blessed be his name) play a benefit gig in liberty hall just a few days after we vacate the place.....ta ken
Attachments
c1.JPG
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
maphoner

Re: is he trying to avoid us?

Post by maphoner »

Ken,
From the evidence provided it is clear that Christy (BBHN) is indeed avoiding us. I wonder why?

Tom : -))
of course you say you can't complain
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

Why this "BBHN"?
harald

Post by harald »

TonVH wrote:Why this "BBHN"?
look what Ken put in brackets in his post
best, Harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

harald wrote:
TonVH wrote:Why this "BBHN"?
look what Ken put in brackets in his post
best, Harald
Okay, I'll rephrase the question:

Why this "blessed be his name"?
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Because he is worth it...but try thinking more along the lines that liverpoolken rather admires Christy Moore, as I do as well.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
maphoner

Post by maphoner »

Voilà Vicomte.
It may be heresy on this forum but some of us appreciate other saintly musicians, along with St Leonard.
☺☺☺
I'm a bogman,
Tom.
of course you say you can't complain
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

Well, it is a wording normally only used for devotion of religious persons (saints & similar) and certainly not living ones. It gives me a strange taste in the mouth when someone uses this for a plain living person.

But I am probably to sober a person.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

:lol: :lol:

Normally perhaps but in England there is a Premiership soccer club called Southampton FC and they are called the Saints, no religion involved there. One may often hear someone being called saintly e.g as they run errands for people unable to get to the shops, they look after people in one way or another, they are generally nice people, no religion involved, you don't have to be religious to be good, nor to be called "saintly". And so Christy Moore is one of those people who sings "stuff" we like to hear. I saw him once in Barca several years ago and he left people at the concert wanting more (did you see what I did there?) Do you know of Christy and his music?

I too am a sober person, right now I have not let alcohol pass my lips for a few days now, not good for the digestion not to indulge in a glass of good wine with meals but I am having a rest. Try touching your tongue to your cheek and you may well feel like liverpoolken.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

maphoner wrote:Voilà Vicomte.
It may be heresy on this forum but some of us appreciate other saintly musicians, along with St Leonard.
☺☺☺
I'm a bogman,
Tom.
That makes three but there will be more....... ;-)
Neil from The Young Ones
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Let's hope he is. He's overrated.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

By who? Goodness me he is not even on most people's radar, so pretty hard to be "overrated"
Neil from The Young Ones

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”