here's one for our resident w b yeats devotee mr joe way

The Dublin Event - before and after
liverpoolken

here's one for our resident w b yeats devotee mr joe way

Post by liverpoolken »

while looking at a photo of the beer garden at toner's pub that mr albert noonan recently posted up on facebook i was reminded of the fact that it is said that toner's was the only pub in dublin that mr yeats ever stepped foot in...

..so joe after we have been into the palace bar to raise a glass to the portrait of mr yeats that hangs behind the bar maybe we should head over to baggot street and have a small sherry in toner's bar in honour of mr yeats ...and i'm sure we can find a few more 'literary' stop offs over the weekend...(and o'donoghues is just around the corner which of course is another story...)...ta ken
jw.JPG
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Joe Way

Re: here's one for our resident w b yeats devotee mr joe way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi Ken,
Just noticed this today. Of course, I would always honor Mr. Yeats memory, a glass of sherry would be lovely. Do you know if the Yeats' exhibit is still on at the library? We really enjoyed going through it last year-we would do it again if it is still there and we had time. Looking forward to seeing you and many forum members soon!

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Joe Way wrote:Hi Ken,
Just noticed this today. Of course, I would always honor Mr. Yeats memory, a glass of sherry would be lovely. Do you know if the Yeats' exhibit is still on at the library? We really enjoyed going through it last year-we would do it again if it is still there and we had time. Looking forward to seeing you and many forum members soon!

Joe
I visited that exhibit a couple of years ago and it is brilliant and is still there but in the meantime you can view it online at this link:

http://www.nli.ie/yeats/main.html
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

yes joe the exhibition is still running it must be 5 years since i saw it so i guess it must be classed as permanent..

..and if we do go to toner's snug you will have to help me choose which sherry as i don't think i have ever drank it before... they don't serve it in pint glasses do they?...anyways we will find out on the day...sláinte

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”