Programme of the Events in Dublin

The Dublin Event - before and after
jarkko
Site Admin

Programme of the Events in Dublin

Post by jarkko »

From Paula: "Attached is a run-down on how the programme is shaping up. The only thing to change may be the timings but not by much"

A printer-friendly pdf file can be downloaded from http://leonardcohenfiles.com/dublinprogram.pdf
Registration information and list of participants at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/dublin-index.html

Programme of Events

Thursday, 7th August 2014

7.30pm Early Bird Registration

Getting to Know You – Caint, craic agus ceol (chat, fun and music &song)

Venue: Lansdowne Hotel, Pembroke Road, Dublin 4.

Friday, 8th August 2014

Morning: Dublin city delights: tours/museums/historical & literary trails/art galleries

1-2.30pm: Registration @ Liberty Hall theatre

2.30-4.30pm: Spoken Word
Discover why Leonard called Dublin a city of poets & singer with an afternoon of leading Irish writers and poets. The line-up includes John MacKenna, Dermot Bolger, Gerard Smyth, Leif Bodnarchuk and The Poetry Divas.

8pm: Gala concert “Down by the Liffeyside”
Gerry Tully, Ireland
Patricia O’Callaghan & band, Canada

Post Concert
: Caint, craic agus ceol (chat, fun and music & song)

Saturday, 9th August 2014

Morning: Dublin city delights: tours/museums/historical & literary trails/art galleries

2pm-4.30pm: Open Mic

8pm: Gala Concert “The Angelus Bells o’er the Liffey’s swell rang out through the foggy dew”
The Van Diemens, Ireland

Post Concert: Caint, craic agus ceol (chat, fun and music & song)

Sunday, 10th August 2014

2.30pm: Leonard Cohen in Concert: Screening of a concert from the 2013 tour

8pm: Gala concert “Fare thee well sweet Anna Liffey”
Tir Na nÓg, Ireland
Ali & the Thieves, Australia

Post Concert: Caint, craic agus ceol (chat, fun and music & song)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Citizen_Kane

Re: Programme of the Events in Dublin

Post by Citizen_Kane »

Great programme! Hats off.

In the programme I see a "Screening of a concert from the 2013 tour"?! :D
Do you have some more info on this? Will it be officially recorded material? And/or a preview of the new live album to come? Or officially recorded material, not for a live album, but only to be shown at the Dublin event? Any idea which concert?

thanks,
Lennard
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

It will - again - be something special Leonard wants to share with the Forum members!
Ed Sanders, Leonard's manager, has kindly prepared one complete concert for us to screen. BIG thanks to both gentlemen!

The concert was filmed and recorded in full HD quality for the venue screens and Leonard's own archives. This footage will not be released.
It will probably be one of the last concerts in 2013 in New Zealand. I will confirm this as soon as the disc has arrived.

(This is not the first time we have been in such a privileged position: we have shown three concerts at our biennial Hydra meetups, and one at the Madison Event.
None of those recordings will be released).

So here we have another impulse for everybody to sign to Dublin!!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Henning

Post by Henning »

That's a programme of highest quality that the Dublin organizers have set up. Only a few months left until we have the privilege to be part of this event. Slainte.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

It looks like a wonderful Programme-congratulations to Paula and the Organizing Committee-Anne & I can hardly wait!

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Couldn't ask for more!!

Thank you again and again
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

paula ...
as it's still unavailable to buy this side of the atlantic i was wondering if the other far younger and better looking hat wearing singing canadian would be bringing any copies of his best selling novel over to dublin for signing?...ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

liverpoolken wrote:paula ...
as it's still unavailable to buy this side of the atlantic i was wondering if the other far younger and better looking hat wearing singing canadian would be bringing any copies of his best selling novel over to dublin for signing?...ta ken
Good idea Ken. Please ask him to bring one for me as well please Paula!

Wendy
Bushwoman

Post by Bushwoman »

Sigh, I shall be enviously happy for all of you. ;-)
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

This is now appearing in local media (Newspapers, RTE "Late Date" etc.,) as a Leonard Cohen festival, which "ordinary mortals " can attend as well as LC fans. Hope so ! Would be good for all.
Ring the bells that still can ring...
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

jarkko wrote:The concert was filmed and recorded in full HD quality for the venue screens and Leonard's own archives. This footage will not be released.
It will probably be one of the last concerts in 2013 in New Zealand.
Aarrrgghh! Knowing my luck it'll be the one I was at (Christchurch). What I'd give for a copy of that footage...
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Are the concerts at night all taking place in Liberty Hall. Also where is the post concert Craic being held , is that in the landsdowne Hotel? Really looking forward to it all.
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Sounds like you all will have a great time. Pity I am not around to attend. Enjoy Dublin - may the sun shine daily :D
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Aarrrgghh! Knowing my luck it'll be the one I was at (Christchurch). What I'd give for a copy of that footage...
Rabbit
We will show Auckland in Dublin.
Christchurch will probably be screened next June at the open air cinema under the stars of Hydra.
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

Excellent! thanks for the news Jarkko
so happy I could take another day off from work and will be staying on Sunday as well!
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”