Open Mic - Dublin 2014

The Dublin Event - before and after
Paula McCann

Open Mic - Dublin 2014

Post by Paula McCann »

Friends,

Andrew (Darby) has organised and hosted the Open Mic sessions at the previous Events so it is with great pleasure I can inform you he has agreed to do the honours for the 2014 Event in Dublin.

Who among you longs to perform some of Leonard's songs and poetry in Dublin the city of poets and singers? The Open Mic session will take place in front of a friendly, supportive and non-judgmental audience.

All you need to do is bring along your voice/guitar or whatever instrument you play. Traditionally, Open Mic has had a duration of between two and three hours, usually on one of the afternoons.

The main performance stipulation is that it is a Leonard Cohen piece, as opposed to Cohenesque ones (in the style of, or inspired by). Also, in a bid to allow as many people as possible to get a chance to perform, there will be a limit of 3 pieces (songs/poems/dances) per performer.

Please email Andrew expressing your interest to perform at the Open Mic, his email address is: darby203@bigpond.com

The information required from performers is:

- the name of the performer/s;
- the name of the piece/s being performed;
- the language of the performance (if not in English);
- the approximate length of the piece/s;
- any special requirements;
- a contact mobile/cell phone number.

All good things.

Paula McCann
for the organising committee
Henning

Re: Open Mic - Dublin 2014

Post by Henning »

Hi Paula

great job job to hire Andrew for this. There ain't no better one.

Also the instructions consider every little detail. Any German roots in your family ? Just asking.

Henning
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Henning wrote:Hi Paula

great job job to hire Andrew for this. There ain't no better one.

Henning
Thank you, Henning - I really appreciate that and am flattered indeed.

I do hope I can actually make it to the event... and not just in order to do the MC role! ;-)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
Paula McCann

Post by Paula McCann »

Folks,

There will be a guitar available for use at the Open Mic if people are concerned about luggage restrictions.

Thank you.

Paula.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Paula McCann wrote:Folks,

There will be a guitar available for use at the Open Mic if people are concerned about luggage restrictions.

Thank you.

Paula.
paula...i presume/hope the guitar is not going to be made available to any of the german forum moderators...is there any chance of a ukulele being made available in case my ukulele teacher the lovely claudia attends the event?...

..such happy music and memories

ta ken
ukelele.JPG
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Henning

Post by Henning »

First I was surprised to see the donkeys passing by in rapid mode. Usually they take their time. But then I noticed the grumpy old man and the ukulele. There's a reason for everything.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
claudia

Post by claudia »

Dear Paula,
As Ken will play a song together with me on the Open mic in Dublin
I suggest to get a Tenor Ukulele (plugged in)if available, for him.

Ken...yes, we have lovely Memories...you only needed 5 minutes to
play your first song on the Ukulele...as Seen on the foto, you were
enchanting your audience :-)
Claudia
Claudia
Munich 2008, Salzburg 2010, Verona 2012, Rome 2013, Vienna 2013, Pula 2013, Amsterdam 2013

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”