How much would you shell out to see Cohen Live?

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
lizzytysh

Re: How much would you shell out to see Cohen Live?

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Undertow ~

You might want to consider a serious conversation with them about it, so you can come up with a solid plan in advance. I'm guessing each of them has a hero/heroine/role model of their own. Simply remembering how it was or how it might be for them can sometimes be enough. This is such a truly rare opportunity for you... and, after reading many MANY accounts over the years, and having experienced my own, you can trust that it is something that will stay with you for your life and that warrants reprioritizing whatever you need to, to ensure your attendance. In fact, the best possible would be your parents coming along. Leonard's appeal is great enough as a performer, yet his appeal is powerful simply as a human being. I believe your parents would be proud to witness the wisdom and demeanour of the man their child admires so much.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

I am from Slovakia, I do not know as you but I would give a concert Leoonard € 300, as seen Leonard in person is my dream. For Leonard beats my heart. :D 8) :D
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Price paid for ticket to see Leonard in concert in my hometown in April, 2009: $250
Price paid for ticket to see Leonard in concert in Las Vegas in November, 2009, plus airfare, hotel, and assorted expenses (estimated): $1000
Seeing Leonard Cohen in concert, period: PRICELESS!!!!!!! :D
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

I quite by chance happened to see that Leonard would be in New York exactly the time I was going to be on holiday there last May (Radio City). So I went on ticket line for a couple of tickets which were average price, I think £65.00 a ticket. But because they sent the tickets to me in the UK by FEDEX I ended up paying three times the price which I thought was exhorbitant. But I HAD MY TICKETS so I forgot about the cost and spent the rest of the time wishing my time away waiting for May to come round. I wonder why they charge so much just to send two tickets in an envelope across the atlantic. No one had started to sell them over here and I did not want to miss out and be too late.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

How much would you pay? Well, as the ardent, introverted, self-satisfying fan would say, "I'd give my right arm (to be ambidextrous)" :shock:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

I had already seen him three times when the date of the Dublin concert came out ( 21st july ) which happens to be my birthday . I enquired about ticket prices and because of the strength of the euro it was going to cost a lot more than I had paid previously and then all the extras ( hotel travel etc etc ) so I did not go . BIG MISTAKE !! Everytime I sit and listen to Leonard I regret that decision . You only live once and you cannot take the kids inheritence with you when you go !
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
Vicomtesse

Post by Vicomtesse »

We saw Leonard in Nantes on July 6th., My son's birthday so I felt a bit guilty not being here when he phoned!
Any way we paid 95 euros for good seats 6 rows form the front. We were going to Spain in September and decided to see Leonard again in Barcelona and also went to the Birthday Bash (which was really good). We couldn't get seats together in the better seats, so we decided that we would take seats in the 2nd. tier but facing the front; they were slightly cheaper than the side 1st tier but we thought we'd get a better view facing front: BIG, BIG, Mistake!! We ended up watching everything on the screens. The concert, for us had little atmosphere except when the candles were lit: but we had no lighter so we felt left out of that as well! The lesson learned is to pay whatever! so long as you get good seats! and only go to those concerts where you really like the artists! And choose venues like Nantes that are quite small and have a more intimate atmosphere. The Barcelona concert was great but Nantes was much cosier.
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Hi all,
last year I put a ticket in Bratislava about 100 Euros and Prague, about 200 Euros 8) . Bratislava is the place where I live about 260 kilometers away, Prague, about 340 kilometers. So: 2x ticket,to travel from my residence in Bratislava, overnight stay at the hotel and the next day trip from Bratislava to Prague, and the concert back to where I live - altogether it was about 500 Euro :roll: . Just out of curiosity ... my salary is about 650 Euro per month, 150 Euro pay for housing, just enough money for food, about 100 Euro will give for transport to work and 50 Euro for different insurance... :roll:
So, when I go just for one concert, I am willing to pay for a ticket about 200 Euro...although, as the think of it now, I would probably give more ;-).
Leonard gives me more than money can pay. :!:
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

SuzanneT wrote:Leonard gives me more than money can pay. :!:
Suzanne - you said it so well!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”