"Extensive worldwide touring"

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
John Etherington

"Extensive worldwide touring"

Post by John Etherington »

I've only just seen this....am I hallucinating? (did someone spike my coffee?). I can't take it...Brian Wilson and Arthur Lee have cost me a fortune, these last few years. This could seriously bankrupt me!
Love, John E
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

We're all in major shock, John....a few trying to play it 8) , of course, but just beneath that surface remains :shock: and :D . Yes, SAVE for Hydra; SAVE for Berlin; SAVE for LEONARD.....a need a second job, my Leonard Job.
margaret

Post by margaret »

It's a good thing I recently did get a second job! I will be travelling to as many concerts as I can to make up for lost time and never having attended any earlier performances.
ramosse

Oh Yah!

Post by ramosse »

I am so excited to have learned of this news. I stop by the site regularly in hopes of seeing under TOURS that he actually will, but alas it never happened, yet I never lost hope. I hadn't been to the site in such a long time, and something instinctively told me to check it out, and I am so elated that I did.

This is by far the only concert that I have wanted to see since I enveloped myself in his music about ten years ago. I realized that he is getting up there in age, and I was therefore sort of resigned to the fact that 1996 was the last major tour of his, but I held on.

So needless to say much like all of you I am so glad to hear/see that Mr.Cohen will grace our ears live, some once again, and others - like me - for the first time. Even though - as said by Jarkko - the tour is some time off, I for one am quite stoked about seeing and hearing him live. Now I don't feel so bad about being born twenty years too late :wink: .

Chao all~!~
Samuel Ramos
icecreamtruck

Post by icecreamtruck »

It will be interesting for three reasons:

#1 First tour of the Internet age where members collect in the chatroom or forum to discuss the latest setlist and performance.

#2 It has been so long. His voice could have range (like Nightengale) or it could sound like On That Day.

#3 It's Leonard Cohen!!!!
Scooby Doo

Post by Scooby Doo »

His voice seems to be getting deeper all the time. I guess too many cigarettes :roll:

I just hope He does not abandon His old songs, which for a lot of people, will be the reason for going.

:D
smile

Post by smile »

I asked my husband if he minded if I went to a concert if their was one near he said without him!!!!!! I shall be there... :roll:
Life is love so treasure every day.........
cormie

Post by cormie »

Oh my oh my... I too haven't been here for a while, I just mentioned on an Irish forum how I hope to see LC live so I check here and the first post I read says he is performing!! WOW!! I have to go find out more info!! I have no job and no money at the moment, I hope I can save up :oops:
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Don't worry, cormie, he's not going to be touring for a while. So, you've go plenty of time to find a job, save up, and look good when you go see him! I think it would be a bit too much of a shock if he went on the road tomorrow. This gives us time to work up some enthusiasm. :D Like there isn't enough in here already!!

Linda.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I hope it does happen. I'm not sure how far I would be able to travel, but certainly anywhere in England.
jakki

Post by jakki »

I think I would travel,,, anywhere! Literally to the ends of the earth! If this does happen I have no idea how we would get tickets, because they will be like GOLD_DUST Has any concrete information been given about this?
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”