Dear Leonard Cohen -Thanks for the tour (youtube)

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
Pete

Dear Leonard Cohen -Thanks for the tour (youtube)

Post by Pete »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eanz5rfUX5o

This is a joy to watch

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
iveta

Re: Dear Leonard Cohen -Thanks for the tour (youtube)

Post by iveta »

beautiful
Of course I´m pathetic, I´ve spent my life getting the most impressive stuff out of the most impressive books. Malcolm Bradbury
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Pete, thank you for the link.

DrHGuy, thank you so much for this little gem! In Pete's words it is definitely a 'joy to watch'.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

You are, as The Man says, too kind.

Thanks
Pete

Post by Pete »

You did a great job with the video, DrHGuy.
I salute you :)

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
Judy

Post by Judy »

Thank you so much DrHGuy .... thank you.
Darling

Post by Darling »

I think this is going to be my favorite of favorites, thank you so much...
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

Dear DrHGuy
The smiles just got wider and wider as I watched this, a tear or two fell as well. Thank you so much for this great video, I hope Leonard gets to watch it at some time.
Where was this version of the song recorded?
Kindest regards
Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

That was lovely to watch. Yes, I hope he is enjoying his tour as much as his fans are. I'm sue he is.
Thanks.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

Thank you for the nice comments on the Thank You, Leonard Cohen video. I'm putting together an encore as the Tour progresses.

As for Leonard seeing it, 2 or 3 days after the video went online, the concert in Nantes ended (according to viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15839#p180309) thusly:
And as LC says at the end................I Hope It Was Good For You, Too.
My raging narcissism is such that I'm convinced Leonard's closing comment, unique among his closings as far as I know (and I'm certainly not going to search too vigorously for more examples), is the direct consequence of him having just viewed my video.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The music is the 1980 version of "Do I Have To Dance All Night" recorded at the Amsterdam concert. This arrangement was never released for sale. The 1976 version of the same song was pressed as a single for sale in Europe.

As noted in another thread, I've put together a cut and paste video for the 1980 version of "Do I Have To Dance All Night" at http://1heckofaguy.com/2009/05/27/leona ... own-video/

The video I constructed for the 1976 arrangement can be seen at http://1heckofaguy.com/2009/04/28/do-i- ... ever-seen/
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

DrHGuy wrote:Thank you for the nice comments on the Thank You, Leonard Cohen video. I'm putting together an encore as the Tour progresses.

As for Leonard seeing it, 2 or 3 days after the video went online, the concert in Nantes ended (according to viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15839#p180309) thusly:
My raging narcissism is such that I'm convinced Leonard's closing comment, unique among his closings as far as I know (and I'm certainly not going to search too vigorously for more examples), is the direct consequence of him having just viewed my video which opens with the same line.

The music is the 1980 version of "Do I Have To Dance All Night" recorded at the Amsterdam concert. This arrangement was never released for sale. The 1976 version of the same song was pressed as a single for sale in Europe.

As noted in another thread, I've put together a cut and paste video for the 1980 version of "Do I Have To Dance All Night" at http://1heckofaguy.com/2009/05/27/leona ... own-video/

The video I constructed for the 1976 arrangement can be seen at http://1heckofaguy.com/2009/04/28/do-i- ... ever-seen/
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

I hope this is true DrHGuy, AND I hope LC has taken note of your efforts on behalf of this song (Dance all Night) and realizes how flippin awesome it is and considers adding it to future shows. It would be a great encore song. (Of course he'd have to change "I'm 41" to 74 (or 75 soon!).
DrHGuy wrote:As for Leonard seeing it, 2 or 3 days after the video went online, the concert in Nantes ended (according to viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15839#p180309) thusly:
My raging narcissism is such that I'm convinced Leonard's closing comment, unique among his closings as far as I know (and I'm certainly not going to search too vigorously for more examples), is the direct consequence of him having just viewed my video.

"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by jenrbr »

Words escape me but I definitely know it lifted my soul.

Thank you for this.
Thank you for everything.

jen
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Pete.

It was so beautiful, my heart shouted for joy, tears stream from his eyes fell on emotion. Romantic and exciting. Pete thanks for your great videos. 8) :razz: :razz:

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”