Brighton 1974

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
Pete

Brighton 1974

Post by Pete »

I remember his first words to the audience.

"I walked on the sea front this afternoon. The birds were singing out of tune"

I had also been walking there during the afternoon. I must have missed him.

He began with the customary 'Bird on a Wire'
Leonard was in tune.
He was humble and I was captivated.

Pete
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

What a lovely connection to him, Pete....and I can hear him talking.
~Lizzytysh
Baffled

Post by Baffled »

What on earth have you added to this thread Lizzy? Just imagine everyone answering every post with nothing statements of banal niceness. You waste everyones time here. Try posting when you actually have something to add other than your "what a nice post" line. I think everybody knows you like everyones threads by now.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Baffled/Partisan,
Actually, I don't like everyone's Posts. However, I did find the images, which Pete described, to be particularly appealing and chose to comment. If/when same occurs in the future, and I choose, I will continue to do so. If/when I have need of an editor, and I choose, you would be the first to be contacted, were it not for my being interested in one who's not B/baffled.

Sometimes, we [well, some of us] simply feel like saying "Good Morning..." and acknowledging the positive in another's addition to the world. When I choose to do that, I do it with full ownership of who I am. When I feel and act critical of another, I also do it with full ownership. I question those who, having been around long enough to have fully assessed the nature of my commentary, would choose to act with the cowardice of being only Baffled/Guest. It's out of banality that, that type of act is born.

Signed,
Sincerely,
Lizzytysh
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

"Everwhere i go i get slandered, libelled..........."
p.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

"Imagine".........
Pete

Post by Pete »

All I wanted to do was share the first words that Leonard uttered to me (although he may have been saying them to others in the audience!)
I was sat in row C but he never saw me and before I knew it, the concert was over.
But I remember those first words.

He sang many songs that evening.

"there is a war between the ones who say 'there is a war' and the ones who say 'there isn't' "

"I didn't want to start a war", he didn't sing that bit.

"You know, this life is filled with many sweet companions"

Pete
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's what I've found to be true, Pete [your last line]. You didn't start a war by the way, you're simply the war zone....however, that's not to be taken personally, either, as they tend to be transient.

I took your description of your first encounter with Leonard to be a sharing of just that. The images just happened to be particularly pleasant ones.

Are you into the CRoom yet?

~Lizzytysh
Pete

Post by Pete »

Getting close I think.
I will be adjusting some settings as suggested by my technical friends but need some extended time in case I have to undo it. Been too busy with work and play this week.
Will try on Sunday as I'm off to the sea side tomorrow to laze and swim and laze and swim.

I'm beginning to find my way round the computer and am feeling more confident but don't want to get into too much of a mess. I know all the technical terms!

BTW I've never been a war zone before. I must put it on my next CV.

Just a minute...I don't want to be a war zone. I now formally ban any use of this thread for any hostilities.

Pete
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Pete,
There you go! Take control!

CV must be the equivalent to a resume/vitae over here. What does the CV actually stand for?

Yeah. I'm just going to wait it out on my computer woman. Know what you mean about glomming it up. I'm liable to lose everything else. I know some....not all...of the technicals.

~Lizzytysh ~ Enjoy your weekend ~
Also baffled

Post by Also baffled »

why do you do it?

it's psychotic. this need you have to answer every post. what's worse though is that you drive others away. someone will post something interesting. then you jump in and foul it all up with your interpretations. you misunderstand what they write, twist their words around. rather than stick around correcting you - they just give up and leave. and we are left with you - lizzytysh - thanks a lot.

i am not partisan but i am also baffled

and don't complain that i write with a username. your real name isn't lizzytsh either.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear "Also baffled".....

In due regard of Pete's formal ban above, I will respond to your post only to the extent of pointing out four things: (1) Your research regarding my posting patterns is incomplete and/or skewed (2) You misunderstood my point regarding identity, which would now, unfortunately, include you as well; i.e. what is the nature of your own postings [or anyone coming in as Guest, even potentially with a different name each time] or are you merely an observer, who doesn't post at all ~ and how would one know (3) The screen through which you filter/rate [all] postings is an interesting one (4) People's relinquishing of their personal power is strictly a matter of their own choice/personal issues, and is not accountable to another.

I acknowledge your negative comments; however, I do not internalize them. For whatever you may/may not glean from them, I'll share a couple quotations that came across in E-Verse Radio, one at the beginning of the week [as it was clarified that it is a weekday column] on Monday, and the other at the close of the week, on Friday:
Monday's ~
[I still can't get the Quote function to work in this space]

"There are only two distinct classes of men on earth: those who feel enthusiasm and those who scorn it; all other differences are the work of society." ~ Mme. de Stael, Corinne

Friday's ~
[quote]
"There are only two powers in the world--the sword and the spirit. In the long run, the sword is always beaten by the spirit." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

~Lizzytysh

This concludes any/all input on my own postings. Have a great weekend, and perhaps we'll see you/hear from you again here. I believe it's Pete I'm actually/appropriately quoting when I say, All good things......:)
also baffled

Post by also baffled »

you have driven just about everyone off the board. just as you did on various positions. boards gain a reputation just like people do. you are like a big curled-up spider. flies have no chance to escape from the web before you devour them. :cry:

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”