Kicked off YouTube. Where did the Leonard Videos go?

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
lightning

Kicked off YouTube. Where did the Leonard Videos go?

Post by lightning » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:37 am

Today, Valentines Day. YouTube deleted my entire account because of complaint of copyright infringement by the RTBF (Belgian TV) against a subtitled Jacques Brel Video called Les Bigotes. The rare Bird on a Wire videos I posted got swept away with the others. However, they still can be found on DailyMotion , account of lightning49.
I haven't posted any videos on my new account, clairdelune49 and I see Vimeo has better resolution, so lots of people are going over there.
Hope you all enjoy them and grab them while you can, because there are idiots out there.
lazariuk

Re: Kicked off YouTube. Where did the Leonard Videos go?

Post by lazariuk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:24 am

lightning wrote:Today, Valentines Day. YouTube deleted my entire account because of complaint of copyright infringement by the RTBF (Belgian TV) against a subtitled Jacques Brel Video called Les Bigotes. The rare Bird on a Wire videos I posted got swept away with the others. However, they still can be found on DailyMotion , account of lightning49.
I haven't posted any videos on my new account, clairdelune49 and I see Vimeo has better resolution, so lots of people are going over there.
Hope you all enjoy them and grab them while you can, because there are idiots out there.
One of the highlights of what brings me to youtube has been your videos.
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:48 am

Found your DailyMotion videos. It is not as easy to navigate but I sure am glad that they are available
Thanks
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Sad to see that Youtube has closed you down lightning but thats how things work now at Youtube.
Any complain from record industry or tv companys and all your videos are gone.
Just think what a historical archive Youtube could have been if it had not been for greed.
I saw over at Dailymotion that you have some nice clips of Loreena Mckennitt in a shop
in New York.God,even there this woman sounds fantastic and she's only got Brian Hughes
with her.I love her songs and music.Did you record those videos lightning?

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”