CONCERT REPORTS: Dublin September 11, 12, 14 & 15, 2012

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
cohenadmirer

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Dublin Sept 11, 12, 14 & 15, 2012

Post by cohenadmirer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:27 pm

There is a short article in the irish independent which cleary reveals where leonard is staying in Dublin. It also suggests the irish respect his right to privacy !

If you don't want to know the hotel , don't click the link!

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment ... 26230.html
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
sandraa

Post by sandraa » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:51 pm

http://sandraarmstrongphotography.wordpress.com/

Some photos from last nights concert
doepus

Post by doepus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Thank you Dublin
Thank you Mr Cohen
I don't care if it was cold or if people went to buy beer.
I caught two international flights to see this concert.
It was wonderful.
I got there early for the soundcheck and was hanging around the gate when suddenly I turned arond and there was Leonard Cohen.
The man who wrote Dance me to the end of Love,Hallelujah and Tower of Song about four meters away from me.
The songs which have been the music to which my life has played out.
My wife and I danced to Dance me to the end of Love at our wedding
leonard Cohen is a poet and wordsmith and Dublin is a great city of full of poets, novelists and rebels, and people who like to get up to buy beer during a concert.
I choose the rooms that I live in with care.
The windows are small and the walls almost bare.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:58 pm

doepus wrote:Thank you Dublin
Thank you Mr Cohen
It was wonderful.
I got there early for the soundcheck and was hanging around the gate when suddenly I turned arond and there was Leonard Cohen.
The man who wrote Dance me to the end of Love,Hallelujah and Tower of Song about four meters away from me.
leonard Cohen is a poet and wordsmith and Dublin is a great city of full of poets, novelists and rebels, and people who like to get up to buy beer during a concert.
I'm so glad your trip worked out so well doepus. Sounds as if the experience was well worth your two international flights!

Wendy
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 pm

sandraa wrote:http://sandraarmstrongphotography.wordpress.com/

Some photos from last nights concert
Excellent work Sandra. Most of mine are terrible but hoping to rectify that with a new camera tomorrow night :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Rodin wrote:I don't see the point of going to a gig and then taking endless, usually substandard, pictures. Can anyone explain?
Gives you something to remember the show by and lots of people really enjoy taking concert photos, myself included.

Here's my question. I don't see the point of going to a gig then talking all the way through it as the people in front of me, behind me and to my left were doing last night. Can anyone explain?

To my way of thinking, they may as well stay home and have the TV on in the background (Live in London DVD if it must be LC).

Wendy
minnie

Post by minnie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:15 pm

doepus wrote:Thank you Dublin
Thank you Mr Cohen
It was wonderful.
It's good to hear all that travelling was worth it...and I love that last line, lol.
annmarie

Post by annmarie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Rodin wrote:I don't see the point of going to a gig and then taking endless, usually substandard, pictures. Can anyone explain?
"Substandard"? I think that's a bit unfair to the people who unselfishly share with us. I love every single picture and video.
I agree with Wendy, the people I take issue with are the ones who talk etc throughout. Last night I sat beside a woman who texted almost non stop, then she played games on her mobile! But she was quiet and didn't annoy anyone :D
annmarie

Post by annmarie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:32 pm

IrishAL wrote:I much preferred Wednesday nights concert to Tuesdays. The Sound was better, Leonard was in better form and the crowd were less disruptive.

Video conditions were more challenging due to the constant state of change of the number of people actually in their seats...or somebody else's seats...or somewhere in between.!

So Long Marianne the Irish just have to sing along to this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iU5JYxRLJU

I'm you man creating quite a stir with the Ladies

video is a bit blurry at the beginning but settles down...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwm8EGrMLWY

enjoy

Albert

Thank you Albert. I'm sure there are many more to follow! Shame about the fellow with the big paws in front of you!
At this stage you should be guaranteed front row seats.................if they can do it for Michael D????????
IrishAL

Post by IrishAL » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Going Home Wednesday night.

I though that this was a really strong rendition .

Going Home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKrbOYa2NQA

albert
2008: Dublin x2 London Helsinki London RAH M'chester
2009:
New York Weybridge Dublin x2 Belfast Lisbon Bratislava, B'celona Chicago L' Vegas, San Jose
2010: Zagreb Sligo x2 Berlin Gent x2 Florence Marseille Katowice Bratislava L' Vegasx2
2012 Gent x2 Amsterdam X2 Dublin x4 Verona Paris x2,Boston
2013NewYork,Brussels,Prague,Vienna,Zurich,Manchester,Birmingham,Dublinx2,London,Rotterdam,Amsterdam
IrishAL

Post by IrishAL » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:43 pm

annmarie wrote: Thank you Albert. I'm sure there are many more to follow! Shame about the fellow with the big paws in front of you!
At this stage you should be guaranteed front row seats.................if they can do it for Michael D????????
AnnMarie, Given Michael D's stature, I would be very happy sitting behind him any night :)
2008: Dublin x2 London Helsinki London RAH M'chester
2009:
New York Weybridge Dublin x2 Belfast Lisbon Bratislava, B'celona Chicago L' Vegas, San Jose
2010: Zagreb Sligo x2 Berlin Gent x2 Florence Marseille Katowice Bratislava L' Vegasx2
2012 Gent x2 Amsterdam X2 Dublin x4 Verona Paris x2,Boston
2013NewYork,Brussels,Prague,Vienna,Zurich,Manchester,Birmingham,Dublinx2,London,Rotterdam,Amsterdam
annmarie

Post by annmarie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 pm

IrishAL wrote:
annmarie wrote: Thank you Albert. I'm sure there are many more to follow! Shame about the fellow with the big paws in front of you!
AnnMarie, Given Michael D's stature, I would be very happy sitting behind him any night :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We were talking to one of the security fellows last night, and he said they were putting in a high chair for him :lol:
zombiehamster

Post by zombiehamster » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:58 pm

I wrote a review of last night's show for the UK based culture / music site Louder Than War, which I thought I would share with you. I hope it does the show justice. http://louderthanwar.com/leonard-cohen- ... ve-review/ :D
lonndubh

Re: Royal Hospital Kilmainham Dublin 12/Sep/'12

Post by lonndubh » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:03 am

kg7 wrote:Such an amazing concert performance from Leonard and his band! It was really nice to share this occasion with my family (14 of us!), ranging from our sixties down to our twenties and every minute loved by all (also attended by our great President Michael D Higgins - clearly has great taste!).
Leonard started right on time with DMTTEOL followed by a great selection of his classics mixed in with some of his new material (which also just sounds instantly classic - such is this man and his bands skill).
The evening was chilly but Leonard (the old charmer!) reminded us how warm the Irish are, and together with our many friends from abroad who came to see him here, we all remained enthralled for the night.
Thank you so much Leonard and your wonderful band, we look forward to our next rendezvous!
I echo all you say here kg7.
It was a brilliant concert and I was privileged to be there with wonderful friends.
Attachments
IMG_0889.jpg
bridger15

Post by bridger15 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:49 am

rpan wrote:The Guests at soundcheck Sep 11th. Obviously grotty recording but it really was beautiful and I do hope that this moves to actually being played soon.... Joan of Arc was also being rehearsed....you just never know.

http://youtu.be/J4XTvie8sm4
rpan, your video is such a thrill! Thank you for capturing it.
Did you also record Joan of Arc?
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”