CONCERT REPORTS: Dublin September 11, 12, 14 & 15, 2012

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
minnie

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Dublin Sept 11, 12, 14 & 15, 2012

Post by minnie »

Can anyone tell me where the box office in Kilmainham on Saturday will be?
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

tinderella wrote: Brought my daughter to see him, she thought he was fantastic, and we both got to the front of the stage for the encores. The security man tried to stop me but I said to him, I don't want to see the President, I just want to see Leonard :)... It worked.
Vote Cohen for President!! :lol: :D
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Joan

Post by Joan »

minnie wrote:Can anyone tell me where the box office in Kilmainham on Saturday will be?
This is the info from Ticketmaster
Box Office Information

If you selected Box Office Collection, your tickets will be available for collection on the day of the concert. The Box Office will be open from 13:00 and will be located near the entrance to the IMMA Royal Hospital, Kilmainham.

Please bring a valid form of ID and the credit/debit card used to purchase the tickets in addition to the Ticketmaster reference number as proof of purchase.

Kind Regards, Joan.
songwriter

Post by songwriter »

Aido wrote: I just wanna know does anyone else miss Dino Soldo? I liked Alex and his violin but this punter really missed the brilliance of Dino. Anyone with me???????????????

No, I much prefer it with Alex on the violin.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

The violin is more suited to the songs I think, but maybe Alex could smile a little more. He mostly looks very serious.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
minnie

Post by minnie »

Joan wrote:
minnie wrote:Can anyone tell me where the box office in Kilmainham on Saturday will be?
This is the info from Ticketmaster
Box Office Information

If you selected Box Office Collection, your tickets will be available for collection on the day of the concert. The Box Office will be open from 13:00 and will be located near the entrance to the IMMA Royal Hospital, Kilmainham.

Please bring a valid form of ID and the credit/debit card used to purchase the tickets in addition to the Ticketmaster reference number as proof of purchase.

Kind Regards, Joan.

Thank you Joan.
minnie

Post by minnie »

Yeah, I think the purity of the violin brings the concert to another level. God, can't wait to get back there on Saturday.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

And for some of us, back to the level it was closer to in tours before.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
table top joe

Post by table top joe »

songwriter wrote:

Meant to comment on that,i think its a wonderful addition,no offence to Dino but i prefer the violin too but then i think the violin is a far underused instrument,worked beautifully with the songs
table top joe

Post by table top joe »

fhenry99 wrote:
minnie wrote:
table top joe wrote:Small thing but wasnt it "Thank you for sitting in the cold and damp to Listen to my melancholy ditties"( as opposed to "dirges" or "songs")

to wrap up!
That's what I heard too. It isn't small, it's accurate and also represents his self-deprecating humour :D
Yes, it was definitely ditties. And it annoyed me that both the Irish Times and the Irish Independent got it wrong.

But that and maybe the cold are the only complaints about what was a magical event. It was just one constant highlight after another.

Glad to see i wasnt the only one annoyed by this! :D ......it does indeed represent his humour far more than the other two words,anyway....great to see the new reviews even if i am jealous i cant go again(im a greedy bastard :oops: )
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

tinderella wrote:Two nights with Leonard and the second night blew me away.
Maybe cos the President of Ireland was sitting a few rows in front of me... there were no stragglers walking around. The audience were great. Leonard was in fantastic form. jumping onto the stage and singing from the heart.

He said at one point...' i hope you are warm... but you were warm when you got here, if you were any warmer... you would be the Tropics '

Beautiful way to spend an evening and not a drop of rain fell. Brought my daughter to see him, she thought he was fantastic, and we both got to the front of the stage for the encores. The security man tried to stop me but I said to him, I don't want to see the President, I just want to see Leonard :)... It worked. A few feet away for Marianne, First we take Manhattan , Famous Blue Raincoat and Closing time....

ROLL ON VERONA NOW
Absolutely agree. Tues was fantastic, but last night was just unbelievably perfect :D :D
Great to know the legendary Kilmainham magic is still there. Roll on Sat now.
table top joe

Post by table top joe »

Just checked last nights setlist,just out of curiosity who sang "If It Be Your Will"?
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

table top joe wrote:
songwriter wrote:

Meant to comment on that,i think its a wonderful addition,no offence to Dino but i prefer the violin too but then i think the violin is a far underused instrument,worked beautifully with the songs
I think the violin is a wonderful addition too, but miss Dino's exuberance on that side of the stage.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

table top joe wrote:Just checked last nights setlist,just out of curiosity who sang "If It Be Your Will"?
Alas, not Leonard. The usual Webbs version.

Wendy
JOHN D.

Post by JOHN D. »

majmunka wrote:My photos of the second day and night.

Eva
HI Eva.
Many thanks for the excellent photos. I’m delighted that you included one shot of the “mystery man” on harmonica, who joined the band onstage for a while during the wed 12th show. It proves that I didn't imagine it! I hadn’t a clue who he was when I saw him up there, but a little research today suggests that it’s actually Tour Manager Mike Scoble.
Thanks again.
John

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”