PARIS meet up?

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
LC&LC

Re: PARIS meet up?

Post by LC&LC »

with regards to the pub I have in mind, I believe it has an 'upstairs room' that could be convenient for us, I'll go by sometime in a near future to see if we can book it, if we can't, well, there are a few other bars/pubs nearby (ie avoiding the expensive places around the Olympia). The Sunday events might be trickier thoug
weather premitting, we could also have a pre-concert meet up in the jardin des Tuileries 5 min walk from the Olympia (between the Louvre and the Concorde)
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

The pre-concert meet-up sounds good for the 30th... and the little further out venues sound fine, too.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
DerekH

Post by DerekH »

Thanks for your suggestion Bean. I am still keeping my travel options open and the Eurostar is one of them.
I will attend any and all of the Paris meet ups over the weekend and will keep an eye on this thread over the next few months. I have not been tempted by Hop Farm so the two Paris concerts I am attending will probably be the only occasions I will see LC this time around so I'm really lookong forward to it.
1972 : Royal Albert Hall, London.
2008 : O2, London X 2, Brighton.
2009 : Weybridge.
2012 : L'Olympia, Paris X 2.
2013 : June O2, London
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Hi all
Going on 29th and would love to meet up with everyone going.
Victorine
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
zagortenej

Post by zagortenej »

Hi all,

I am flying to Paris from Canada for all three concerts. I'll be arriving on Friday, Sept. 28 and flying back on Monday, Oct. 1. I am definitely interested in meeting up before the shows. Also, if someone is in Paris for the first time and would like to get together for a "guided tour" that could work as well. I haven't been to Paris for some time now, but I still remember quite a bit. My French is fairly limited, though. :)

Feel free to PM me, if that works better for you.
Hydrogal

PARIS meet up?

Post by Hydrogal »

We will be in Paris from the 27th Sept. to the 1st of October. We are attending the concert on the 28th and would love to participate in any/all meet-ups. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Barbara

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Count me in for any 'tours'... never been there. Will be in Paris for the time frame covering all three concerts, but will be attending only the final one.
~ Oscar Wilde
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

I went to the pub that's nearly across the street from the olympia, and they can privatise a room for us, so depending on how many people would be attending pre and post-show event, I believe it's a rather convenient solution. if you want to have a look at their website (it's in French, but you can look at the pictures - our room would be the piano bar) www.american-dream.fr
they are also opened on Sundays
in the meantime, if you want tips about what you can (or must) do while in Paris, pls feel free to PM me)
Christelle
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
-rehli-

Post by -rehli- »

LC&LC wrote:I went to the pub that's nearly across the street from the olympia, and they can privatise a room for us, so depending on how many people would be attending pre and post-show event, I believe it's a rather convenient solution. if you want to have a look at their website (it's in French, but you can look at the pictures - our room would be the piano bar) http://www.american-dream.fr
they are also opened on Sundays
in the meantime, if you want tips about what you can (or must) do while in Paris, pls feel free to PM me)
Christelle
Salut Christelle

That's great! Thanks a lot for your efforts! Please count us in for Saturday and Sunday pre-show 4 persons and post-show 2 (or maybe also 4).

Looking so much forward to visit Paris (and to the LC shows of course too :lol: ).

A bientôt

Regina and Bruno
1974: Paris Olympia
2008: Zurich
2009: Venice
2010: Basel | Strasbourg | Stuttgart | Las Vegas 2x
2012: Verona | Paris Olympia 2x
2013: Lucca | Vienna | Zurich | Amsterdam
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Please count me in for all 3 nights, pre- and post-concerts. I'm only attending one, the one on the 30th, though.
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Christelle ~

If you wouldn't mind, it could save you some writing, if you were to post the "musts" of tourism in Paris... then, anyone could avail themselves of it. If you prefer to PM your suggestions, that's fine, too... and I'm definitely interested... it's my first time there.
~ Oscar Wilde
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

bugger :oops: , I had started a long description of what I think is worth doing in Paris, and lost my draft, so I'll start over again (after having had another coffee!)

in Paris, you have to remember that shops are closed on Sundays, but in the touristic area - and that museums are closed on Tuesdays.

First of all, you should expect loooong queuing lines at the Eiffel Tower and at the Louvre (up to 2hrs at ET), and then I guess it's all depending on what you're interested in...
if you're into contemporary art, then it's Beaubourg (tube station hotel de ville, les halles, chatelet) great view from the Georges restaurant upstairs, from there, you can stroll through the Marais (very old/jewish and now gay district) great restaurants, Picasso Museum... then, on a Sunday, you can walk on the river banks which are closed to cars, they become the paradise of bikes, roller bladers (and strollers). Talking about roller blading, if you're really, really, really good at it, every Friday night, there's a huge parcour around Paris, that runs up to 1am/2am, 20/25kms, great fun (several thousand people rolling on the cobble stones....) if you're interested, pls pm me, will send you the details.
to me what's really worth the trip is Versailles, you should allow a day (half a day for the castle, half a day for the gardens)
les Invalides is the most beautiful building in Paris or at least my favorite (that's the golden coupole to be seen in many tv ads - St Laurent perfume Parisienne for eg), it's home to the Army museum and to the grave of Napoleon the 1st (we had 2 Napoleons), but just the building itself... from there, walk across the Alexandre III bridge, to the Champs Elysees (one always goes up the Champs Elysees, never down) to the Arc de Triomphe.
Now there's shopping... it all depends on your budget of course. Luxuary: avenue Montaigne and rue du Faubourg St Honore (as it happens, rue du Faubourg St Honore is just 5 min walk from Olympia, Mr Husbands...) the most convenient are I believe the department stores (Galeries Lafayette and le Printemps) they're both next one to the other, and by coincidence, on the other side of Olympia, also 5 min walk...
I guess you would want to go to Montmartre (to me not really worth the climb, but if you've seen movies taking place early in the 20th century...) just be careful with your belongings - especially at night, tube station anvers and then, climb! unless you're lazy and what to take the cable car...
for restaurants, you can have the best and the worst as everywhere else in the world. if you want to dine at the Eiffel Tower restaurant (it's called le Jules Verne, it's an Alain Ducasse restaurant, you have to book now for September, outrageously expensive 200euros + wines, I'm going there in July, could tell you if worth it then). if you let me know where you'll be staying, I could give you the names a few restaurants nearby.
I believe that, just sitting at the terrasse of a cafe, sipping a coffee and watching people walk by is the greatest way to rest from walking.
our tube is really easy to use, really less expensive and more reliable that the London one. I've never been on a bateau mouche (I know, it's a shame isn't it) but hear it's great.
the 2nd most visited place in Paris is Jim Morisson's grave... intriguing is it not?

and then, there's LC at the Olympia....

anyhow, please feel free to pm me with any 'special' request, I'd be happy to help
Christelle
Hydrogal

PARIS meet up?

Post by Hydrogal »

Christelle,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post tips on visiting Paris. The only time I've been in Europe was for a few days in London. I am so excited to see your beautiful city.
Barbara

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
technicalblack

Post by technicalblack »

I thought it might be worth posting a quick note for anyone travelling from London for these shows; Eurostar booking for that weekend in September has just opened so if you're looking to bag the cheapest seats then NOW is probably the time to do it. Sadly there are currently engineering works scheduled to be taking place on both the 29th and 30th of September which means that only a very small number of trains are currently scheduled to run. I've spoken with a lovely agent at Eurostar and she said that extra trains will likely be added closer to the time but couldn't say exactly when. If you are, like me, returning on the Sunday then the only train currently scheduled to run from Paris to London is as follows:

Leave: 12:13 - Paris Nord
Arrive: 13:30 - London St Pancras
Duration: 02h17m

If this train doesn't work for you (if you too are returning on Sunday the 30th) then it might be worth keeping an eye on this news page: http://www.eurostar4agents.com/toolbox/news/index.htm

There don't appear to be ANY trains in either direction currently showing on the Eurostar site for Saturday the 29th so I'm heading out on Friday night instead. I'm not trying to scare anyone into booking alternative times or dates or even alternative methods of travel - I just figure that it might be worth letting people know if they're also heading out that it's sadly seemingly not going to be as simple as it normally is to take the train to beautiful Paris from London.
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

Thanks for that information; I couldn't understand why only one train time was coming up for the return journey.

Have just booked; arriving Friday afternoon, concert Saturday night, home midday Sunday.

Will certainly be at meet-ups, and when I have more time, will put some more suggestions forward re. Paris sites. Have visited many times; taken parties of school children for over 10 years, organised my daughter's hen-party in Paris a couple of years ago etc. It's amazing how much of Paris you can see in a couple of days. And it's all the better with a good concert inbetween.... :D
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”