John Bergeron/Bryn Davies Souvenir DVD

The New York Event - before and after!
lightning

John Bergeron/Bryn Davies Souvenir DVD

Post by lightning »

Probably the best New York souvenir ever. Unbelievably beautiful to see the recreation of New York Event with still photos of those inattendance and those who performed mingled with breathtaking cityscapes, all flowing smoothly to the tune of Leonard Cohen favorites performed by John Bergeron. Makes New York seem like such an exciting place I want to get up and go there. ( and that's where I live!).
Great to see Jarkko, Eija, Geoff Gompers, Lizzytysh, Margaret, Joe Way, myself, and others only known to us by forum monikers. From the pigeons on the sidewalk to the female stretched out on the bed at the Chelsea Hotel, the river and the boat ride, the buildings, the ruby wine restaurant dinners, the 9/11 memorials, what an event to remember!
How glad I am to have this DVD and want to thank those involved in making it.
John K.

Re: John Bergeron/Bryn Davies Souvenir DVD

Post by John K. »

lightning wrote:Probably the best New York souvenir ever. Unbelievably beautiful to see the recreation of New York Event with still photos of those inattendance and those who performed mingled with breathtaking cityscapes, all flowing smoothly to the tune of Leonard Cohen favorites performed by John Bergeron. Makes New York seem like such an exciting place I want to get up and go there. ( and that's where I live!).
Great to see Jarkko, Eija, Geoff Gompers, Lizzytysh, Margaret, Joe Way, myself, and others only known to us by forum monikers. From the pigeons on the sidewalk to the female stretched out on the bed at the Chelsea Hotel, the river and the boat ride, the buildings, the ruby wine restaurant dinners, the 9/11 memorials, what an event to remember!
How glad I am to have this DVD and want to thank those involved in making it.
DVD?

Did someone say DVD?
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes ~ Mine came in the mail today, and I watched it tonite. STUNNING job, John and Bryn... such a beautiful, flowing, melancholy feeling as an image becomes another, and that one another, and on through, with different angles and a wide variety of our New York experience. Really, really beautiful. How about the woman sitting on the floor at the Chelsea ~ holding her knee ~ her hurt knee, Lightning :lol: ? Yes, the 'bed' female [no names... only that it's not me] is a better shot... but the knee ~ history, real history :roll: :wink: . Truly ~ this was WELL worth the wait! Margaret ~ some wonderful photos of you in it! And your finger pushing on the button for Leonard's floor at the Chelsea. And that really great one I took of you as we sat in the subway car on our last morning there 8) .

John ~ The initial copies were sent out to those who contributed photos for it. Remember when they sent out the call for them [okay, so maybe it's been so long ago that you don't :wink: , but the result was sure worth waiting for :D !]. They'll be announcing 'arrangements' for copies soon. Wonderful hearing John Bergeron and his ladies performing Leonard's songs as the soundtrack for the images. Really fine job, guys. Really fine. EXTREMELY SMOOTH!!! A pleasure to watch :D .

Love,
Lizzy
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen »

PLEASE KEEP THIS UPDATED. i'd like to know when these extra copies are available. i'd love one. thank you.
"Rock and roll is dead, but I am its revival. I'm prophesied by sages died, from Buddha to the Bible." --TERATOGEN
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen (music page)
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen666 (personal page)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheNoHoldsBard?ref=profile (Facebook page)
John K.

Post by John K. »

lizzytysh wrote:Yes ~ Mine came in the mail today, and I watched it tonite. STUNNING job, John and Bryn... such a beautiful, flowing, melancholy feeling as an image becomes another, and that one another, and on through, with different angles and a wide variety of our New York experience. Really, really beautiful. How about the woman sitting on the floor at the Chelsea ~ holding her knee ~ her hurt knee, Lightning :lol: ? Yes, the 'bed' female [no names... only that it's not me] is a better shot... but the knee ~ history, real history :roll: :wink: . Truly ~ this was WELL worth the wait! Margaret ~ some wonderful photos of you in it! And your finger pushing on the button for Leonard's floor at the Chelsea. And that really great one I took of you as we sat in the subway car on our last morning there 8) .

John ~ The initial copies were sent out to those who contributed photos for it. Remember when they sent out the call for them [okay, so maybe it's been so long ago that you don't :wink: , but the result was sure worth waiting for :D !]. They'll be announcing 'arrangements' for copies soon. Wonderful hearing John Bergeron and his ladies performing Leonard's songs as the soundtrack for the images. Really fine job, guys. Really fine. EXTREMELY SMOOTH!!! A pleasure to watch :D .

Love,
Lizzy
AHHHHHH!

Thanks Lizzay!

lightning

Post by lightning »

What a happy menage à trois between photographic art, music and technology that DVD turned out to be! Who, then, is the blurred dark-haired mystery woman waiting poised on the bed in Leonard's room at the Chelsea if not Lizzytysh?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Look closer, Lightning. Form is a key word here. Not as in feminine form, either. It will surprize you. It's a lovely photo of a lovely woman.

Yes ~ ABSOLUTELY on the effectiveness of this menage a trois. I've only had the opportunity to watch it once, last night, and the woman whose house I was at just kept exclaiming, "This is so beautiful! They did this so beautifully! It is such an incredible job!" I was transfixed and could only agree. The movement of the transitions is sooooooo smoooooooooooooth, which with the music lends so beautifully to the feeling of melancholy I have watching it and remembering.

Yes :lol: ~ you really should get out more, too, Lightning. Take a weekend sometime and visit New York 8) !

Love,
Lizzy
lightning

Post by lightning »

Oh well, if it isn't our Lizzytysh maybe it's some babe infused via photoshop, that's one thing about technology-- you can't always believe it. A friend of mine with a new Mac was able connect Jpeg stills of his paintings, add music and burn them on the mac's DVD burner in a similar manner. The results flowed as smoothly but were not as gorgeous as Bergeron's DVD because the material wasn't as fine.
As for getting out in NYC, that's for tourists. Weekends, I'm out--doing business and talking with them. Sometimes I get a chance to speak French, but most speak amazingly good English like the people who come to this forum. It's another New York experience.
It bugs me that 2004 Event wasn't paid attention to by the press at all, even the alternative press, and that the prophet of the heart has so little honor in one of his own countries.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

maybe it's some babe infused via photoshop
Interesting guess, but an incorrect one :wink: .
As for getting out in NYC, that's for tourists.
True enough, but since I was teasing... :wink:
It's another New York experience.
In fact, the one I'm planning for on my next visit :D 8) :D .
It bugs me that 2004 Event wasn't paid attention to by the press at all, even the alternative press, and that the prophet of the heart has so little honor in one of his own countries.
It's unbelievable, isn't it :shock: ? More of the same ~ one day, it will change, but I want Leonard to be able to know it :cry: !

Love,
Lizzy
margaret

Post by margaret »

My copy was waiting when I got home from work a short time ago.

Thank you everyone who worked on the production :)

I must now go and watch it. Hopefully the football that was on the TV has now finished!

Margaret
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I received mine yesterday and Eija and I watched it tonight. What a wonderful memento, very professionally made. Brings back all those great moments in 2004. HIGHLY recommended to all the participants!
margaret

Post by margaret »

:oops:
What a happy menage à trois between photographic art, music and technology that DVD turned out to be! Who, then, is the blurred dark-haired mystery woman waiting poised on the bed in Leonard's room at the Chelsea if not Lizzytysh?
C'est moi! :oops:

A beautifully made dvd. Thanks again!

Margaret
Last edited by margaret on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

[Tee-Hee] ~ I'd have thought you'd have gotten it straightaway, Lightning :lol: ~ via context, when I said it wasn't me :wink: . I took the photo [as well as that of Margaret pushing the elevator button for 'Leonard's' 4th floor]. In his room, however, it was me sitting on the floor, holding my freshly-injured, left knee, compliments of the Chelsea maid... good thing I'm not litigious :wink: . The 'form' I was referring to was the form of her hairstyle :) .

~ Lizzy
John K.

Post by John K. »

jarkko wrote:I received mine yesterday and Eija and I watched it tonight. What a wonderful memento, very professionally made. Brings back all those great moments in 2004. HIGHLY recommended to all the participants!
So make it available, oh webmaster!

lightning

Post by lightning »

Well Margaret , it's a great photo. That it's blurred adds mystery (always good for a Leonard appreciator) and will stand as a generic inviting lovely woman even for those who don't know you.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”