Thank You, Jarkko and Henning!!!

The New York Event - before and after!
lizzytysh

Thank You, Jarkko and Henning!!!

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Jarkko ~

I've already thanked you elsewhere here, so won't do it in depth, as I did with Geoff. I didn't work with you as directly as I did with Geoff, leading up to the Event; however, your previous experience in the organization of Events was keenly felt and appreciated throughout the Committee deliberations and decisions, in which I directly took part, in the last several months preceding my driving to Manhattan.

For those who didn't attend ~ I want to say that "You could see it, you could feel it" ~ Jarkko's omnipresence in pivotal ways at the Event. His conscientious role as mentor, advisor, and support system was clearly seen and felt. Without 'taking over'/interfering, he gave Geoff the space he needed to function effectively, yet remained accessible and ever-willing to help in whatever way was wanted or needed. He was also concerned with how everyone was doing, whether a relief person was needed, or whatever. Expressions of appreciation flowed freely from him, as well :D 8) .

I've been particularly impressed by the lack of 'ego' [such a downfall when it comes to 'cooperating' entities] as I interacted with the Committee, Geoff, and Jarkko. It was all about making this Event a success, and being fair all-round! I must include here, Henning, as well! Though I didn't have the opportunity to observe him as much, as I did Geoff and Jarkko, during the Event ~ I can gauge from how he [pre-Event] assisted me in some matters, that his previous experience with Events played a respectable and much-appreciated part, as well.

Sean McCallon and Jason ~ If you two have even the vaguest of plans to do this one day in L.A., there is much to be learned from all three of these guys! From the minutest details to the large-scale overview, learn all you can! They're true team players and willing to share!

Thank you, Jarkko, and thank you, Henning ~ for all that both of you did to make this New York Event a wonderful success :D !

~ Elizabeth
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Oh, I feel very flattered :oops:
Let's drink a Mythos (or several) together
to the success of Henning's Berlin Event!!
Jarkko
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:D No need to feel embarrassed, Jarkko :D , other than your own humility, of course 8) . You deserve what I've said and more. Remember, too, that flattery is considered to be insincere/in excess of what is due. I've complimented, not flattered, you :D .

Oh, yes, but of course :D ! My oversight to not spell that one out! In reality, I have full faith in Henning that his and his Committee's handling of that Event will be supreme ~ with superb results 8) ! The first good sign is that he told me to be sure to bring my dancing shoes 8) ! With regard to the team efforts, the wonderful thing about experience is that it's such a credible teacher 8) . I know you'll be right there, helping to make it all it can be ~ and, if Geoff's available, he'll be just as ready with his input!

[However, before I agree to imbibe :wink: ~ what is a Mythos :lol: !?!] A Greek beer??? If so, please count me in :D !
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: Thanks, Jarkko ~ as they say, "A picture speaks a thousand words." It's official now ~ count me in :D !
Henning

Post by Henning »

Thank you, Lizzy, for the nice and gentle comments on my contributions to the NY event both here and on the NY event page. It feels good to read. As you are an incredible writer anyways. I definitely want you to review the Berlin event so bring all your notebooks. In a very short of time Jarkko will post first information in the upcoming Berlin section in this forum. Still a long way to go for Berlin 2006 but you have to start somewhere.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You're welcome, of course, Henning :D ~ all my words of you are well-deserved 8) ; some more having to have been deleted due to space considerations :( , but those that remained still representative.

Thank you for your high compliment :D and invitation 8) :D . Of all privileges, that would be and is the greatest [and, of course, does not preclude others of their own take, such as those who, as well, wrote their own, excellent accounts on various aspects of the New York Event, and were immensely enjoyable to read through their eyes 8) and memories :D ].

All I ask [on behalf of myself, as well as others, I'm sure] is that you stagger the Event components, so that each and all can be well attended :D .

I look forward to seeing words, regarding your Event, appearing soon :D . It begins the process of making it all real 8) .

~ Lizzy

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”