Just Thinking...

The New York Event - before and after!
smccallon

Just Thinking...

Post by smccallon »

I'm sitting here reflecting on the New York event and it certainly gives me a feeling I am bound never to forget. Returning from the International House drunk as a skunk and high on Cohen, the people, and New York City...
I came to New York City a naive young man and I left still a bit naive but with a wisdom that I could not have acquired anywhere else.
I have to thank everyone who I encountered and did not encounter for making this event. Being surrounded by so many wonderful, kind, and intelligent people is proving to be the most defining part of this convention.
Thank you all.

With Warm Thoughts Constantly,
Sean
http://www.livejournal.com/users/passthrufire
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen »

I second that motion. :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Sean and Teratogen ~
With Warm Thoughts Constantly
That sums up my ongoing reaction to the Event, as well :D .

~ Lizzy
John K.

Re: Just Thinking...

Post by John K. »

post deleted
Last edited by John K. on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pipkinra

Post by pipkinra »

In reply to John K. My friend Richard and I both enjoyed your singing and I can emphathize with you regarding the 'open mike' experience. Doing Leonard Cohen at a coffee house type venue is very brave of you. When I do that I usually stick to Suzanne and That's No Way To Say Goodbye. I did Joan of Arc once and some in the audience thought it was comedic sendup of the story and were laughing. So go figure. But you're really very good and should keep it up. If you reach only one person in a crowned room you're a success. jim.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”