Notice to all those who participated at Poetry Jam

The New York Event - before and after!
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Hi everyone,

It just occurred to me, as I was writing my report for the poetry jam, that I would really like to list everyone's name and the piece(s) each performed. It was a privilege to hear everyone, and I can't wait to do another poetry/music jam in Berlin.

Can you please e-mail me at nataliefuhr@shaw.ca with your first and last name and the name(s) of the piece(s) you performed? I would greatly appreciate it -- it would give my report the body it needs.

For those who didn't attend the poetry jam (arguably one of the highlights of the event) you really missed out.

Cheers,

Natalie :roll:
Henning

Post by Henning »

Natalie,

I already told you on our common way to JFK that I want you to host another poetry jam in Berlin - how was/is Italy for you ?
Jane

Post by Jane »

I agree, Natalie, I think the poetry jam was one of the highlights for me as well! Surprisingly high quality performances, I thought. And I liked the 'Lennie encounter' stories as well!
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Thank you for your comments, Jane. I, too, think that the Poetry Jam was one of the highlights of the event. It had a real intimate quality to it, and I loved the poetry, music, and stories. It's too bad that everyone had to make a choice between the walking tour and the poetry jam. A lot of people came up to me on Sunday night, and told me that they wanted to go, but they had their hearts set on the walking tour.

And Lizzytsh (Elizabeth), thank you for detailing the spirit of what took place. You are a wonderful writer! By the way, my book is finally out. Since you really wanted to read it, I will mail you a copy: e-mail your address to nataliefuhr@shaw.ca

I was going to continue to work on a report for the Poetry Jam, but I would really like if you could submit your report to Jarkko. You eloquently captured the magic and energy that was felt in the room, and I would really love if Jarkko posted your beautifully written description.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you very much, Natalie :D ~ it's one of those "Coming from you....." compliments. I will happily submit it to Jarkko, if you'll do me one, huge favour ~ quit rolling your eyes at yourself :wink: ....you're worthy of far greater facial expression 8) :D .

Thank you sooo much for a copy of your book :D [I still have the excellent, initial segment, which I'll still be returning to you, and will be very happy to be exchanging it for the 'real deal' 8) ]! I look forward to your gift. Thank you, Natalie.

Love,
Lizzy
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Elizabeth,

You are so sweet. The copy I gave you is yours to keep. It was a sneak preview. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the 30 pages I gave you. Thank you for your kind e-mail as well. You are the first person who has read 30 pages of my book. I am doing a book launch in Victoria at the end of the month, so hopefully I'll get more readers then. By the way, thanks for passing the excerpt on. Let me know what your friend thinks.

You have to send your report to Jarkko, so he can put it on the Event page. You describe everything in strokes of light, and it's an exact representation of the delightful time that everyone spent with each other, celebrating their own work, and Leonard's.

About the face that I assign to my name after my post, it's not my face. I just like the little guy. I think he's cute. It's like he's saying, "ah shucks, guys, I don't know if you want to listen to my poetry. I'm not very good." I really can't part with him, because he's the little person that everybody has inside. Nobody is sure. We all have doubts. But he's not a reflection of the whole. Geez. I can't believe I am explaining the symbolism of the little icon. This is getting out of hand.

Take care,

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”