Registration Table

The New York Event - before and after!
Vesuvius

Registration Table

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Lizzytysh,

You wrote you will be at the registration table? Will you let me sneak in?

Vesuvius
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Ciao, Vesuvius! Seeking corruption in New York, eh? As much as I'd love to, and you know I would :wink: ; if you were to show up at the Registration table, I believe I'd just go into book-signing mode [on that one you've been sooooo wanting me to write :wink: ] and forget all about the Event!
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Lizzytysh!

I don't remember asking you to write a book. But it sounds like a good idea to me. I bet it would be a goood one!

Vesuvius
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, dear! Did I do an identity crossover? Was it Moonlight? I apologize for the mistaken identity, Vesuvius. I mean, how many cats in tuxes can there be!?! Ciao :D . Well, back to the drawing board for how to handle a contraband cat at a registration table, then :wink: .
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Sorry, Lizzytysh...it wasn't me either.

M
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Aha! I think it must have been Tchocolatl. It was whoever explained the 'red shoes' thing with regard to Leonard's female stalker awhile back....then suggested I take off and write a book :wink: . Well, something to that effect :lol: . Thanks for the disclaimer, Moonlight. It narrows the field.
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Lizzytysh!

In New York, Get a computer or laptop. Immediately write reports to us. The way reporters write reports from the field. Or keep a dairy and post on the Forum each day. Good Idea!

Vesuvius
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Ciao, Vesuvius ~

I have to believe I'm going to be soooo in non-computer mode; and trust that those who chagrin my presence here, will make full use of my time away :wink: For a variety of reasons, my time leading up to this Event has been rather stressful. I'm going to enjoy having nowhere I have to be, with nothing I have to do, and feeling free to simply enjoy.

There will be many accounts forthcoming, though probably not 'on-site' ones. I'll probably have my say amongst them. I think the quintessential comment has already been made, with regard to the Hydra Event. It was Michael Wolkind[? :? ] ~ or another man from the Newsgroup [please give me the correct name, if you know it] ~ who commented on being surprized[?] at the fact that people, upon meeting, did not immediately rush to their computers. That encompassed so many things, and will probably remain forever my favourite comment. I couldn't possibly hope to top it. However, as with each successive Event, there will be many renewing and strengthening friendships, as they come together once again. I look forward to watching that happen, as well.

Non-reporter from the field :wink: ,
Thanks for suggesting it though :lol: ,
Lizzy
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

I remember saying that. You got the name right.

How sad I am that I can not attend this time. I was especially looking forward to the opening of the Event by the famous Cohen academic D. Niklow from Uzbekistan.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”