Thank You To Those Beyond Our Borders

The New York Event - before and after!
lizzytysh

Thank You To Those Beyond Our Borders

Post by lizzytysh »

I've been thinking this so often that I want to say it. As I listen to the news, during these confusing, frightening, and scarey times, for all of us around the world, I want to thank those beyond our borders who, with goodwill, are crossing them, to come into New York City for our event. You are going to mean so much in our celebration's success.

I want to thank those within our borders, as well. You will mean no less.

I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

Liz, brings me in mind of the LC song "The Partisan" (not the plonker on this board) and the words............
"and they poured across the Border, they were cautioned to surrender"
although i won't be in New York, i can imagine you all surrendering to the wonderfull atmosphere that will be there.
Best Wishes to you all.........Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's a thoughtful linking, Georges :D .

~ Lizzy
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Lizzytysh,

I would like to "pour across the border". But I am too "poor across the border". I am sad, sad, sad, that I will not be able to come Perhaps, next time.

I know everyone will have a wonderful experience. I hope everyone takes lots of photographs and makes lots of notes. And report back here on the double.

Vesuvius
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: ~ GREAT use of that line, Vesuvius :lol: . Even had I been inclined at the time, I was in the same situation for Hydra. We'll see you in Berlin though, eh? [Not that Berlin is the selected venue, but it would certainly make sense ~ for now it can be the symbol for the next event].

I still wish you were coming to this one :( . Thanks for your well wishes. I'll do what I can to document for you. Ciao :D .

~ Lizzy

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”