ASIA AND OCEANIA TOTAL 5

USA 23
Canada 8
---------------------
TOTAL NORTH AMERICA 31

GRAND TOTAL 65
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

WoW ~ impressive numbers 8) , and a good sign for how things will go :D .
Henning

Post by Henning »

What does "WoW" mean ? Is it a word of wisdom ?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Straight outta the sixties, but with 21st-century conciseness and punch :wink:

aka

Wise Olde Woman 8)

Secondary meaning: Word[s] of Wisdom ~ may become primary with increased usage :wink:

TFA [Thanks for Asking],
Lizzy :D
simonelimone

Post by simonelimone »

I was on Hydra too and really enjoyed it very much. But I couldn't get warm with the idea of going to The US these days...
:twisted:
Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy it and whish you all a great event!!
See you maybe in two years in Berlin or elsewhere

Simon 8)
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Simonelimone,

I do not understand this way of thinking. If I had the money I would be going. If you really believe the Americans are twisted evil then do not wish a happy event, do not even wish to see any of the Americans to be in Berlin next! Excuse my English, but I am very mad as I write and do not feel like making it all better!

Vesuvius
margaret

Post by margaret »

Ciao Ves

I am sure that Simon was not expressing any anti-American feeling, but just his concern about the safety of travelling to the US at the moment . I am going anyway, but I am still worried about being possibly caught up in trouble due to the increased security threats to USA from those who oppose its policies.
simonelimone

Post by simonelimone »

Hello Ves and Margaret

Even though I'm not really a big fan of President Bush (such as the majority of the Americans who didn't vote for him), my feelings for all my American friends have not changed since he's on the run. Ves reaction remains me a lot of Bush's credo: "who's not with us is against us". Among friends it should be possible to express another opinion, if not we are 'nt any further than the evil enemies of freedom and democracy.

Anyway, I will not and never wanted to open a political discussion in this forum, as Margaret correctly stated. Ves interpretation of my lines were pretty free... I only wanted to express that it is quite annoying these days to get a visa for the States, not thinking of all the security checks and the latent threat of Terror-attacks.
You all a great, peaceful and happy event in beautyful New York Simon
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I understand your concerns, Simon and Margaret. Wish you were still coming, Simon ~ and glad you are, Margaret. I also understand your feelings, Vesuvius ~ had your interpretation of Simon's posting been correct. There are those who do feel that way; and there are those who aren't coming; even though 'personal safety' is not their concern.
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Simon,

Please forgive my misunderstanding. Perhaps if you had used the sad icon :( or the crying, very sad icon :cry: or the wink icon :wink: about the United States, I would not have misinterpreted. But you used the worst one, the twisted evil :twisted: . So that is why I interperted it the way I did.

Vesuvius
Dem

Post by Dem »

I am also one of those who were on Hydra in 2002 and are not going to the New York Event because I clearly don't like what USA represents in the world today.

Demetris
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Dem!

I cannot go to the New York event. It is because I am not able to afford it! Somehow I think the real reason you are not going is because you can not afford it either.

But saying that You hate the U.S.A. and that is the reason you are not going sounds so much better! I am not going because I do not have the money! You are not going because you have principles! :lol:

Vesuvius
Zabka

Post by Zabka »

Vesuvius

You are like your name sake...bubbling away ever ready to explode in a shower of molten lava. Dem never said he/she hated the US. HE/she stated a dislike of what the USA represents these days. Fair enough. And it is a pain to travel there for reasons stated by others in this thread

Looking at your other posts on this forum I see you frequently criticising others for "putting down those who don't agree with them" yet, this is what you do so often and usually without basis, as you've read too much into the message. Maybe it would be useful to ask for clarification before attacking.

I've really enjoyed many of your posts, and find them quite fun. SO don't stop, but do simmer down.
ZZ

What we have learned is like a handful of earth. What we have yet to learn is like the whole world. (Avvaiyar)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:D :D :D ZABKA!!! :D :D :D

It's so wonderful to see you again ~ how are you!?!

We hoped ~ and expressed to you ~ that we hoped you would return, but absent an answer, were never really sure if you'd come back, at that point, to read it!

Love,
Lizzy :D
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Zabka!

Yes! Dem does hate the United States! He has made his viewpoints known here and on the News Group. His hatred is no secret. (But I still think the real reason he will not go to New York because he can not afford it).

You may think me a simmering mountain. That is O.K. by me.

But I think of you as a school teacher, always going around hitting the children on the hand with a ruler. Telling them to behave. Sorry but I have been out of school for a while. So please, continue to post but stop telling others how to post and in what style to post.

Veusiuvs

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”