Airporting Travello

The New York Event - before and after!
bobo

Airporting Travello

Post by bobo »

I think it is silly that you give no infreemation on which airporting is nearer to Columbine UNiversity where the Eventy is being hold. How can I perseud Sir Rogering Green to arrival if I do not know if it is JFK or Newark and cetera? Please rectum your mistake and adder how longer from the airpart to the Hall where his fan will be waiting. Should this be bus, train, rickshaw, or donkey as it was in Hydra.

If donkey, can I have the same one please as in Hydra.

He was grey.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

bobo, I don't know how to put this as gently as possible. That donkey was on the menu the following week, as fresh kebabs. Do you want a rickshaw with aircon, or will in-line spokes with a feather attached be OK?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lightning

Post by lightning »

Most people arrive at JFK. There is a bus that goes to midtown from there. From midtown you can take a cab to Columbia. Also taxi service is available but more costly. Have your destination clearly written out to show to people in case you have a language problem.
Hermitage

Post by Hermitage »

There are also buses to midtown (Port Authority) from LaGuardia and Newark. I recommend flying to the airport to which you can get the lowest fare.
Both Newark and Laguardia Airports are about a 30 minute (or less) ride into Manhattan.
lightning

Post by lightning »

LaGuardia isn't an international airport . Newark is in New Jersey, another state next to New York. JFK is closer to Manhattan. You can also rent a car at the airport but it will be difficult to park in the city. The airport buses are equipped to handle luggage. Many, many people from all over the world come to New York and you should have no trouble finding your way. Just ask someone for directions.
Hermitage

Post by Hermitage »

Newark is indeed in New Jersey but it takes a half hour at most to get to midtown Manhattan. Travel between JFK and Manhattan can take longer than that, although a train which has been under construction for a long time, may eventually change that. Besides, Newark is a much easier airport to get in and out of than JFK. (Travel between between states in the US is absolutely trivial.)
LaGuardia is very much an international airport. It receives flights from the Europe, Latin America, and some other parts of the world also.
By the way, there is a city bus, the M60, which runs directly from LaGuardia to the Columbia campus.
JFK can also work, especially if the price and schedule are good for you.
Hermitage

Post by Hermitage »

This site should help everyone with directions.

http://www.columbia.edu/about_columbia/directions.html
margaret

Post by margaret »

Lightning and Hermitage,

Thanks for all the airport information, I'm currently studying guide books and airline websites to find suitable, and most economical deals from Manchester, UK.
By the way, I'm not Bobo :)

Margaret
lightning

Post by lightning »

I have never flown international out of or into La Guardia but have not left the country since 1994 so things may have changed. It is closer to Manhattan than JFK and from La Guardia there will be no interstate toll so it may be cheaper than travelling from Newark. I wouldn't count on riding a city bus with any luggage other than a small overnight bag as it may be too crowded, especially on weekdays at the rush hours, roughly 7-9 A.M. and 5 - 7 P.M. Most people have to stand at those hours and some buses and subways are packed tight with people. On weekends there are fewer buses but they are less crowded.
bobo

Post by bobo »

do you thinko that it is likely they will be clear the busses for Sir Roger Green? He is not wishing to travel with anyone dirty or uneducating at all. He is likely arrive by airplane and if this group could arrange a limoseen to take him to open the Event then he will say "hooray" many times.

LEONARD COHEN'S BANANAS!!!!!!
lightning

Post by lightning »

Why doesn't he bring his own ass from Hydra? That would be appropriate for him, and then he wouldn't have to travel with anyone dirty and uneducated. He could learn English from you. You should charge him for tutelage!
bobo

Post by bobo »

I find your post offensive and I am going to tell Sir Roger what you said. Then let's see who is sorry.
lightning

Post by lightning »

A snobbish attitude is even more offensive. Is is also "dirty" and "uneducated". People who are afraid or unwilling to mingle with others of a different socio-economic class had best stay home.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Lightning ~

Bravo!

~ Elizabeth
bobo

Post by bobo »

A snobbish attitude is even more offensive. Is is also "dirty" and "uneducated". People who are afraid or unwilling to mingle with others of a different socio-economic class had best stay home.

The day you can write anything 5% as good as LEONARD COHEN'S BANANAS!!!!!!!!!! is the day you can talk about Sir Roger.

I'll be weighting.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”