Airporting Travello

The New York Event - before and after!
lightning

Post by lightning »

How much will you be weighting? 250 pounds? We have excellent adult education programs for learning English. Sir Roger might then want to be around you if you were more educated. I am not in writing competition with him or with anyone. If he would like to come the our event in a limousine he must pay for it himself. But so many people in New York arrive in a limousine. Wouldn't it be more distinctive to ride in on an ass?
bobo

Post by bobo »

I think this is a question of status. Yes an ass can look beautified, especialling from behind, but anything less than a stretch Limey could make people think that Sir Roger's star is wayneing.

Do you know who I should speak to on the Event commitment about supplying a limo?
lightning

Post by lightning »

Maybe neighbor Leonard Cohen would lend Sir Roger a limo if he can't afford his own. America is a democracy and we don't tax the peasantry to indulge the aristocracy. In theory, at least, we eliminated an oppressive ruling class along time ago. Maybe Sir Roger should stay home. I didn't see any positive response at all from members of this board when you asked whether or not to book him.
Sorry.
bobo

Post by bobo »

I am sure that the mass of Cohen fans would be welcome for Sir Roger to open the entire Event and runner it thereafter with interludes and sessions.

LEONARD COHEN'S BANANAS!!!!!!!!!!!
kieron

reply to bobo

Post by kieron »

Dear bobo,
Maybe you should leave you and your ass at home, I don't know where you come from because you do not have the honesty to reveal that in your profile. Besides who is bobo, all I see is a "clown".

You are entiled to your opinion, but why put up a condesceding post for all that are visiting the Big Apple to gather, meet and enjoy the one whom they all adore, love, worship, all our own special way.

Contributors like Lightning, Hermitage and Margaret amongst others are wonderful ponderors of our Leonard's life. Please do not "take the piss".

For your info, there will be two Stout's arriving at 1.30pm in JFK on the Friday, so if any one wants to share a 50 buck cab ride across the river...

Roll on June!

Slan leat.
bobo

Post by bobo »

Thank you for the offer Kieron, but I don't think Sir Roger would be interested in sharing a "cab" with someone like you.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

margaret wrote:Lightning and Hermitage,

Thanks for all the airport information, I'm currently studying guide books and airline websites to find suitable, and most economical deals from Manchester, UK.
By the way, I'm not Bobo :)

Margaret
Margaret

I too was looking for the best deal for a return ticket from Manchester and found the best price just before Christmas was £420, however the week after the holidays the price dropped to £311 with BA into JFK, which was when I booked. I see that now the best price has gone back up to around the £400 mark. A friend who travels quite regulary to New York from Manchester reckons that anything around £350 or less is a good price for June. Good luck.

Ta Ken
margaret

Post by margaret »

Hi Ken,

I booked a flight with Air France for £330 return which flies into Newark airport(easier connection to the city). It does go 1st to Paris which lengthens the journey but seems to be the cheapest flight I could find with a decent airline, which avoids JFK. See you in New York :)
Epurcelly

Post by Epurcelly »

Hey Margaret-
You will be happy to know that there is now a shuttle to train service into the city for very little money from Newark Airport. You may already know these things but just in case... There are two Penn Stations. One is in Newark(nj) and one in NYC(the last stop northbound) Newark is not a place to be doing any wandering. Actually best to avoid Newark (the city, not the airport) altogether, it is a sad situation there. Perhaps I'll see you at the event, I wouldn't know if I did, but that is OK. Enjoy!

P.S. Earlier in the thread some concern was expressed about room for luggage on NYC subways. Not to worry, with the exception of a short rush hour there is always plenty of room. If you do end up on a rush hour train with luggage, don't worry, those people are used to being crushed. As long as the doors on the train can close you're in good shape :D

P.P.S For late night/after hours Jazz check out "Smalls." I don't know the cross St off hand but it is 7ave downtown. Always amazing players, open until 6-7am, only $8 to get in, and you can bring your own Beer, Wine, and Liquor. Some publications to check out- The Village Voice and Timeout New York. List of all music clubs and shows happening plus tons of other stuff.
ep
lightning

Post by lightning »

Lots of stairs to climb amd ramps to walk in the subways so I wouldn't be carrying too much heavy luggage unless you're up to it. Save your energy for touring and take a cab.
margaret

Post by margaret »

thanks to Lightning and Ep. for the info. I try to travel light! 8)

Ep, if you found the front page of the site you could look down the left hand side to open up Gallery of Beautiful Losers, and put some faces to a few of the regular contributers here. :)
Harry Harpin

Post by Harry Harpin »

I may post my photo there providing it is placed on the first page.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

You ain't bin round long enuff fella, so go chew a brick.
I do believe that any photographic images which are proposed for the Gallery will only be allowed to enter afore-mentioned Gallery if the owner of the visage on afore-mentioned photographic image has spent a considerable amount of time and effort within the environs of this 'ere board. I stand to be corrected, but meanwhile I'll sit down.....
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Epurcelly

Post by Epurcelly »

Byron wrote:go chew a brick.
...and lick a farmers beard
ep
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Blech :shock: :!: Now that's a distasty combination :shock: :!:
Talk about 'dry mouth.'

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”