New York event attendant information needed urgently

The New York Event - before and after!
bobo

New York event attendant information needed urgently

Postby bobo » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:03 am

Is it possible for the Committee to 100% guarantee the attendance of the Poet and Guru Roger Green. MY booking depends on youre answer!
lightning

Postby lightning » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:07 am

I never heard of this man , I have been lived New York for a long time and know the scene very well. Who is he and what would he mean who to people who are coming to New York to celebrate the three score and ten birthday of Leonard Cohen?
bobo

Postby bobo » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:02 am

I find it hard to believe you don't know Roger Green! Please ask anyone who attended Hydra and you will get a view on this man's exceptional talent.
lightning

Postby lightning » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:34 pm

I did not attend the Hydra event and did not know who Roger Green was. I thought he might be a New Yorker but Google tells me he is a Brit, into Feng Shui , a neighbor of Leonard Cohen's on Hydra and a writer of a song parody or parasong based on Suzanne. Others might want to read about him on the Leonard Cohen Files, Jarkko's site.
Bobo has yet to learn to communicate when asked a reasonable question.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:58 pm

who is this person? I've never heard of him! How can we be expected to answer questions about a stranger? Come on, please tell me....who is bobo?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Heretic

Postby Heretic » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:09 pm

I fear that the committee would not be able to 100% guarantee Roger Green's safety at the NY Event.
lightning

Postby lightning » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:42 pm

You can't guarantee anyone's safety in New York City but that's the price you pay for being at the center of the world, or at least the center of the world's trade. Mr. Green is more likely to be ignored if he writes any more inane song parodies like the one posted.
bobo

Postby bobo » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:18 am

do I sense a degree of jealousy from lightning? No-one writes a parody like Roger! He is brilliant, "Leonard Cohen's bananas!!!!!!!"

where is his work posted? I would love to see it on this site.
lightning

Postby lightning » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:24 pm

Why should lightning be jealous of someone who writes a pointless self-indulgent parody? That's such a trite accusation showing a poor understanding of human motivation. I am, at this time, working on a book of parodies and have frankly seen a lot better. Check the Leonard Cohen Files or Google to find it.
bobo

Postby bobo » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:55 pm

I will take my hat off to you if you ever write something half as good as "Leonard Cohen's Bananaa!!!!!!!!!"

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”