Rome anyone??

The New York Event - before and after!
Kush

Post by Kush »

I guess we have our own definition of what constitutes culture, or for that matter pseudo-culture !
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You're right, Kush.....the culture/pseudo-culture is a topic unto itself. However, in that regard, I think France/Hydra/Ireland clearly come under the former. So, what about Austin as a viable site from your perspective, per the coordination criteria?
~Lizzytysh
glyn

Post by glyn »

:mrgreen: My reason for suggesting Croatia was because it is entirely different and probably has no connection with anyone other than Tom. I wonder what he thinks to the idea.
We could of course hold it in Teignmouth Devon UK then I would have very far to go!
We are all in danger of getting anal about this tho' maybe we should let Jarkko decide and those who can and want to will.
I don't know why I put Mr. Green at the top I just like the faces.
Maybe its because I'm going to see Greenday tomorrow!
glyn
Kush

Post by Kush »

Lizzytysh.....My only connection with Austin is that I have visited it number of times and have enjoyed it tremendously !! And I definitely don't count myself in the 'coordinator' category....I apologize if I have given that impression, but I don't think I have.
Glyn...Croatia is sounding better and better......
Linda

Post by Linda »

I was actually giving this some thought and decided to change my vote, and it doesn't count anyway so hey! Why would I want to go to New York or anywhere in the U.S for that matter, I have seen most of it. I decided his birth place "Montreal" would be where I would want to go. It has to have a lot of LC memories and be a lovely city.
Linda
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

Linda, i suggest you do a little bit of reading on Jarkko's site before having any more ideas. Montreal was 2000.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Can't go again ??
Linda
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

Well i guess you could, although i have not heard anyone who was on Hydra saying to go back, so i am not sure how well it worked as a venue in itself. The real trick with 2004 will be finding someplace new that captures a lot of the intimacy of Hydra. I have heard Columbia University mentioned as an NY venue, but know nothing about that at all. The only other thing is to pick somewhere that is all but impossible to get to from Florida, but i guess that is just wishful thinking.
p.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Have to admit I should have read that, probably have and forgot. I apologize to Jarkko. I haven't been there, and my motive was purely a selfish one. I wasn't thinking of you at all partisan when I was thinking. At any rate maybe the newer "fans" should have a rerun of the old events at some point in time, I would love to see both Montreal and Hydra.
Linda
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

Well come to Hydra in 2003. All being well there will be an informal gathering for those so inclined. It can of course never capture the magic of the event just gone, but Hydra is still a special place well worth the visit. We may even get a regular weekend going in 2003/5/7 etc.. It will be a fix for those suffering event withdrawl in the no official event years.
p.

Post by Guest »

Nowhere is any more or less inaccessible from Florida.....[speaking of some's wishful thinking]

Post by Guest »

The Guest just preceding was obviously me.

Kush....No, you didn't present yourself as such. However, we hadn't as yet been enlightened as to that being the primary criteria either. Just wondered if, perhaps, you might know someone who could fulfill that prerequisite [rather than simply being able to vote or express your preference].

~Lizzytysh
Kush

Post by Kush »

If a connection to LC is not absolutely required, then may I suggest Big Sky, Montana at the Wyoming/Montana border ..about 20 miles from Yellowstone National Park. This is a reasonably priced resort....very intimate, and lot of outdoors activities - horseriding, whitewater rafting etc etc.. I have been there for 5 days for a meeting in summer a few years ago and it was fantastic. These guys are also used to hosting international meetings/conferences.
I realize Big Sky, Montana has nothing to do with LC but just an idea....maybe a 3rd or 4th option....

http://www.bigskyresort.com.
check out the 'conferences' section......
Kush

Post by Kush »

The correct link.....

http://www.bigskyresort.com
(without a . after com)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Kush,
In terms of mere assessment, that sounds "mucho betta" than Texas [whoops, I mean Austin :) ]. Seriously, that really sounds nice. It seems that dang coordination requirement is going to keep getting in the way, though. Oh yeah, and maybe an LC connect. :wink:
~Lizzytysh

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”