Manhattan 2004 Event's Bottom Line Cabaret likely to Close

The New York Event - before and after!
lightning

Manhattan 2004 Event's Bottom Line Cabaret likely to Close

Post by lightning »

Both the Rolling Stone and New York Times have published pieces about the Bottom Line's financial troubles. Perhaps the Manhattan 2004 event will have to look for another venue. :( From musician friends I hear that it will never be able to pay its $185,000 debt and that New York University which is nearby wants to take over the property. Alas, the Bottom Line defeated by the bottom line. How New York! It was such a great venue for medium size acts.
<http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsar ... ?nid=18691>
SaveTheBottomLine.com

Post by SaveTheBottomLine.com »

It's not over yet! Please support the landmark Greenwich Village institution, The Bottom Line, by signing our online petition available at http://www.SaveTheBottomLine.com.

There's not much time . . . the court hearing is next week (Tuesday?). Thanks for supporting one of the last remaining intimate venues in NYC.
lightning

Post by lightning »

Should Art have to pay rent?
lightning

RENT!

Post by lightning »

Time to stage a benefit performance of the hit musical "RENT" at the Bottom Line. That always did make money. Rent has been a major problem for artists ever since Mimi and Rodolfo of La Boheme. "Dear Landlord, don't put a price on my soul" sang Bob Dylan. But could it save the Bottom Line in New York City 2003?
jeannieb

Post by jeannieb »

The moving hand writes, and, having writ, moves on (apologies to O. Khayam)

Perhaps we should move on as well.

Is this our battle?

Farthinghalf

Do not follow in the path of the masters. Seek what they sought.-- Zen saying
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I had my reasons, which are justifiable. Nothing more need be said on that. However, you also have the option of deleting your own, or at the very least, your references to mine. Free choice.
lightning

Bottom Line may be saved

Post by lightning »

Suzanne and others: Yesterday I heard on New York 1 News, a TV station that only deals with New York, that a local business, they did not say which, intended to bail out the Bottom Line. That says something for how highly valued this club is. This is great news for all attending the 2004 Event as they will have the chance to experience Greenwich Village as we've always known and loved it. Another reason to register early would be to make sure the Bottom Line stays in business.
lightning

Sirius

Post by lightning »

This morning on NY1 they said the business' name was Sirius and the story is the New York Daily News today. Perhaps it is on-line.
lightning

Post by lightning »

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Interesting name for a business bailing out The Bottom Line. Wonderful news :D !

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”