Waiting For The Miracle

The New York Event - before and after!
User avatar
Andrew (Darby)
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:46 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Waiting For The Miracle

Postby Andrew (Darby) » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:44 pm

Dear organising friends

I am just wondering what leeway there is for fans such as myself, who are 'waiting for the miracle to come' in order to make it to the NY event next June! I doubt that I will be able to make it, but I won't give up thinking about ways and means at this point in time! :wink:

So saying, my simple question is: how late can one register (assuming there are still some places available)? Hypothetically, if I was to see my way clear and find the necessary resources to make a decision to attend, could I (if there was a registration place available) still register in March or April or even May and what (if anything), from your perspective and organisational considerations, might prevent me achieving my goal?

Ever hopeful,
Andrew (Darby) :)
User avatar
Posts: 1207
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:18 am
Location: ... between the lines ...

Postby tom.d.stiller » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:52 pm

Andrew -

You're speaking my mind. Great questions, and hopefully good and helpful answers from the "organising friends"... (Sth in the line of: "of course you can come in 'last minute'...")

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 7042
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:01 am
Location: Espoo, Finland

Postby jarkko » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:30 pm

The participants are listed in the order of their registrations (that's payments
of deposits). The committee has to pay very high
advances to the Int'l House, Columbia University, Bottom Line and so on.
Without the payments of early registrants the whole project would be
impossible. Therefore we reserve the seats on the "first-come-first-served"

We have a certain maximum of people we can take, and when this limit
has been met the registration will be closed. At this early stage it is
impossible to estimate when this is going to happen.

Later this summer we will post all details about the inexpensive on campus
accomodations which will be offered first to those who have registered
early. This probably will give a push to the registration process.

Summa summarum: the registration will be open as long as we have room
for new participants. This may mean anything between the end of this
calendar year and the first Event day next June!!!

To Andrew's hypotetical question: if there is room, one can register even
on the spot. However the committee hopes that most of you will
sign up as early as possible - otherwise there will be problems with the
deposits to the venues!!!

Last year with Hydra we were already sold out but so many had to
cancel for their own reasons that we had some free capacity after all.

Also note that we have a quite open-handed policy of cancellations and
refunds (see the New York pages for details).

User avatar
Andrew (Darby)
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:46 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Andrew (Darby) » Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:37 pm

Thanks Jarkko

What you've said clarifies the situation and is very helpful. What's more, I hope you get as many early registrations as possible, to make it logistically easier and ensure its ultimate viability! :)

Andrew (Darby)

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest