PRESALE TO THE WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Pili

Re: PRESALE TO THE WEMBLEY ARENA

Postby Pili » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:23 pm

To linmag and others in the same boat - take a look at the seating plan, I've just checked it and there are still tickets available for block A.
It's really annoying. When I tried it this morning on my phone, using the Best Seat plan, it gave me tickets quite far back in Block B... and when a friend checked for me using the Seating Plan, it gave her 7th row, Block A!

The whole thing seems a farce. My email from Eventim didn't mention getting like for like tickets, just gave the link to presale tickets.
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:02 pm

I asked AEG why some emails include an individual code and the others just a link.
The coded messages are a special service for those who got their original Hop Farm tickets through our own presale:
All fan club customers have been sent links with codes. All other customers have been sent links to book from the ring fence. The codes were to ensure that front row customers were still guaranteed front row tickets and so on.
I also told about the problem that all members don't have the cash to buy a new ticket before they get the old tickets refunded:
Any customer wishing to have tickets re-issued for the new date should speak directly to their point of purchase for refund time scales however there should be no delay in this exchange of monies that would inhibit them being able to re-book straight away
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
linmag

Postby linmag » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Phone them, Pili.

I called the ticket hotline number and explained what had happened, and they got head office to cancel tickets I booked this morning and allow me to buy some on the second row, where my original tickets for Hop Farm were.

Just a tip, though, when you are offered options 1, 2 or 3, press 2 (for 'buy tickets') not 3 (for 'customer services'). I pressed 3 the first time and was kept in a 'queue' for 17 minutes before being told that my call could not be taken just now and would I please call back later. The second time I pressed 2 and was speaking to someone within 30 seconds!
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
hydriot

Postby hydriot » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Can someone please give me a link to the seating plan for Wembley Arena? At the moment, I am offered row 17 in Block B2, but where is that...? Good or bad?

EDIT: I just found this site. http://www.theatremonkey.com/wembleyarenaendstage.htm Can anyone improve on it? Is it certain this is the seating arrangement for these particular concerts?
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Paul Zagreb

Postby Paul Zagreb » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 21.34.03.png
Hydriot
Can you not see the seating plan using the presale link? (You need Java to open it). B2 is on the right hand side and is the second block back .. so row 17 would be about 45 rows back and I would say - pretty awful. On the pre-sale for Saturday, currently, the only top price tickets that can be had are rows 17-19 in B2. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Paul

trying to include it as a screen shot
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
cohenadmirer

Postby cohenadmirer » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:04 am

hydriot wrote:Can someone please give me a link to the seating plan for Wembley Arena? At the moment, I am offered row 17 in Block B2, but where is that...? Good or bad?

EDIT: I just found this site. http://www.theatremonkey.com/wembleyarenaendstage.htm Can anyone improve on it? Is it certain this is the seating arrangement for these particular concerts?

Not only is that quite far back but blocks A and B are i believe completely flat ( not tiered ) so there is good chance of the (distant ) stage view getting blocked.
Possibly better seats will be made available if people who were planning to go to hop farm opt out of wembley ?
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:16 am

cohenadmirer wrote:Possibly better seats will be made available if people who were planning to go to hop farm opt out of wembley ?
Good point. I checked the links from my Eventim e-mail and seats are still being held in the front few rows for Hop Farm ticket holders. I don't know how long they will keep these aside for people to make the switch (the e-mails did not give a time limit) but the chances are they will be put back in to the pot before too long.

Wendy
mydoglorca

Postby mydoglorca » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:
cohenadmirer wrote:Possibly better seats will be made available if people who were planning to go to hop farm opt out of wembley ?
Good point. I checked the links from my Eventim e-mail and seats are still being held in the front few rows for Hop Farm ticket holders. I don't know how long they will keep these aside for people to make the switch (the e-mails did not give a time limit) but the chances are they will be put back in to the pot before too long.

Wendy
I just phoned Eventim again and they say they have no A block seats available. I have cancelled the "best available" tickets in B which I bought yesterday (about 1 hour after receiving their e-mail). They are clearly not like for like. Our Hop Farm tickets were in row 4.

Eventim say that only first row tickets were like for like, all others were first come first served, so AEG gave us wrong information. I should have booked on the forum pre-sale but unfortunately heeded the advice to wait for an e-mail from Eventim thinking I would get like for like tickets.

I hope there is a good reason for the change of venue and not just poor sales for the Sunday at Hop Farm.

J
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:17 pm

mydoglorca wrote:I just phoned Eventim again and they say they have no A block seats available. I have cancelled the "best available" tickets in B which I bought yesterday (about 1 hour after receiving their e-mail). They are clearly not like for like. Our Hop Farm tickets were in row 4.

Eventim say that only first row tickets were like for like, all others were first come first served, so AEG gave us wrong information. I should have booked on the forum pre-sale but unfortunately heeded the advice to wait for an e-mail from Eventim thinking I would get like for like tickets.

J
J & J - I just sent you a PM with a possible solution.

W
rpan

Postby rpan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Looking at the drop down special promotions box on eventim booking page, I see that there are options for first, second and third row bookers who were sent matching codes - so I think perhaps there were like for like arrangements for just the first 3 rows, it was cetainly not just front row but including row 2 because that was me! I seem to recall at the time of pre-sale many people saying they were not offered better than row4, so a lot of people may be missing out on real like for like if that is so, but I don't really know for sure.

It is easy for me to say as I have replacement seat already, but I think people should check the booking chart regularly and hold their nerve for couple of days as seats being offered now are pretty poor - as of now there are about 20 seats in second row reserved for 2nd row Hop Farm re-bookers that have not been taken up and as has already been said there must come a point when people who do not re-book lose their chance and these go into the pool - probably the eventim pool??

What a saga, best to all. :)
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
Yiannis

Postby Yiannis » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:57 pm

I really don't get how they distribute their tickets. Most of the tickets have disappeared, but I don't think they are really sold. Does anyone have an idea of how does it work?
2012: 2x London (Wembley), Paris (Olympia) | 2013: 2x London (O2 Arena), Rome (Foro Italico Roma), Lucca (Piazza Napoleone), Manchester (Phones4U Arena), Birmingham (LG Arena) | 2014: ...
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi Yiannis,

Most so-called ticket agents these days are touts by any other name, and channel the best tickets into the secondary market for extra profit. A handful of reasonable tickets are sometimes given to "fan" sites as a token gesture, but any other half-good tickets are given to corporations, and people who use their favoured mobile phones or credit cards. The only way to avoid this crap is to do what Tom Waits did - ask the person who bought the tickets to produce their credit card plus proof of identity on the day of the concert, when they also collect their ticket (even though this means arriving early to queue for ticket collection).

I missed the whole Wembley fiasco, because I was working out of London and too busy to get to an internet cafe. I'm also away working during Leonard's only two London concerts this year. If I had been going to Hop Farm, I would no doubt have returned to find that it was too late to exhange my ticket for a good seat at Wembley. By the way, you can be sure that whatever is said about the change of venue, it's most likely because they hadn't sold enough tickets for Hop Farm.

All good things, John E

" I told the truth, I didn't come to fool ya"!
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Yiannis wrote:I really don't get how they distribute their tickets. Most of the tickets have disappeared, but I don't think they are really sold. Does anyone have an idea of how does it work?
Eventim are the main ticket sellers, with HMV also selling tickets from Eventim stock. So far as I am aware, tickets are still be held back for Hop Farm ticket holders. In addition other ticket sellers such as Ticketmaster, Seetickets, Gigantic and Lastminute.com each have their own specific ticket allocations. All these tickets will show up as "unavailable" when you look at the seating maps in the public sale on Eventim.co.uk. Having said that, the first Hop Farm show was pretty well sold out so you would expect the first Wembley show to sell out pretty quickly too. I have a feeling the second show will also sell out now. There has been a lot of new interest in 2 indoors shows in a much more accessible location.

Wendy

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”