HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
cohenadmirer

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by cohenadmirer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Lorca1999 wrote:Hello all

Question for those who have been to Wembley Arena before. We have tickets in row 14 from the front, and our two children (avid fans aged 9 and 11) are coming with us. Are they likely to be able to get a good view, or will it just be the backs of the people in front? Are the stewards hot about keeping people in their seats, or can they wander up front in the aisles, as people did at Ghent?

Both are very very excited about coming, and while I am sure they will not appreciate the night quite as much as me, I know it will be an experience they will never forget, and I wanted them to have the opportunity to see the great man live. I guarantee to those that are seated near us that they will not be annoying in anyway, and I will stop them singing too, unless they can do it very quietly, so please do not fret those of you who have concerts besmirched by annoying neighbours :D

Any advice about the venue would be greatly appreciated...

x
Hi
I hope you all get a good view on the night and the kids don't get too sleepy - because it is likely to be a late ending .
What intrigues me about your email is the notion that your nine year old is an ' avid fan'.
It's just that i always saw leonard's work as quintesentially ' music for grown ups' , with an emotional resonance that it's hard to experience/appreciate if you haven't lived a bit and gone through some of what adult life can throw at you

Maybe i'm being a bit overly complicated. it would be interesting to hear the songs through a child's ears . I never did since my parents didn't play it ! My own kids never really got into leonard when they were young ,! Oasis was more their stuff ( and i ilke that too !)

Perhaps a thread on ' children who really like leonard cohen ' would be interseting ?!

hope they enjoy the concert

David
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm

has anyone received a refund from eventim yet? I have just realised that I have a new debit card (with a new card number) since I booked the tickets and am now concerned that this will pose a problem if eventim try and send the refund back to the original card number....
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:49 pm

imyourwoman wrote:has anyone received a refund from eventim yet? I have just realised that I have a new debit card (with a new card number) since I booked the tickets and am now concerned that this will pose a problem if eventim try and send the refund back to the original card number....
There's no refund showing on my credit card account yet. Eventim said 5 working days which takes them to tomorrow and my guess is that they'll process the refunds at the latest possible moment.

If your new debit card replaces an older card issued by the same bank and relating to the same account, the refund should find its way to you without any problems. If it's for a completely new account, I suggest you call Eventim Customer Services as soon as possible and explain the potential problem. It may be that the electronic transactions to process the refunds have been set up by now but it's worth a go to see if you can sort it out in advance.

Wendy
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:00 pm

that's reassuring many thanks wendy!
Deena

Post by Deena » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Regarding refunds: I was initially informed in the cancellation email that refunds would take place within 5 days. I rebooked for Wembley on this understanding. No refund yet - just phoned eventim customer services and was told it would take longer - early next week (3rd Sept). I have emailed asking how to claim compensation for the overdraft fees this will incur. Will post further progress, but don't hold your breath!
Hand_Of_Omega_91

Post by Hand_Of_Omega_91 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Has anyone received their tickets yet? My friend who booked them hasn't received them and is starting to panic! Hopefully this is normal...
17/07/08 - The O2 Arena, London
13/11/08 - The O2 Arena, London
08/09/12 - Wembley Arena, London

Last concert: Wacken Open Air Festival, Germany
Next concert: Leonard Cohen, Wembley Arena, London
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Hand_Of_Omega_91 wrote:Has anyone received their tickets yet?
You can check the status of your order by logging on to the Eventim website. My orders still say dispatch is "in process". I believe Eventim usually send you an e-mail when tickets have been dispatched.

Wendy
Hand_Of_Omega_91

Post by Hand_Of_Omega_91 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Hand_Of_Omega_91 wrote:Has anyone received their tickets yet?
You can check the status of your order by logging on to the Eventim website. My orders still say dispatch is "in process". I believe Eventim usually send you an e-mail when tickets have been dispatched.

Wendy
Thanks!
17/07/08 - The O2 Arena, London
13/11/08 - The O2 Arena, London
08/09/12 - Wembley Arena, London

Last concert: Wacken Open Air Festival, Germany
Next concert: Leonard Cohen, Wembley Arena, London
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm

It looks as if Eventim have started to process the refunds. I have just had an e-mail from them to tell me that my order for the first Hop Farm show has been cancelled and to allow 3-5 days for the refund to reach my credit card account. They don't say how much the refund is or whether it includes booking fees & postage. I would hope to get the booking fee back but I can't see we'll get the postage or insurance premiums back. I may be wrong.

Wendy
bean

Post by bean » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:06 pm

I checked my credit card on-line this morning and whilst the charge for the Wembley ticket was on there, no sign of any refund for the Hop Farm.

Tickets still showing as 'processing' on the website so no sign of them either.
Lorca1999

Post by Lorca1999 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:25 am

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Lorca1999 wrote:Hello all

Question for those who have been to Wembley Arena before. We have tickets in row 14 from the front, and our two children (avid fans aged 9 and 11) are coming with us. Are they likely to be able to get a good view, or will it just be the backs of the people in front? Are the stewards hot about keeping people in their seats, or can they wander up front in the aisles, as people did at Ghent?

x
I don't have any particular knowledge of Wembley Arena - haven't been there for 20 years or so - but I have been to quite a few LC shows over the years. In my experience, people stand to welcome Leonard as he comes on stage and maybe for the odd standing ovation during the show but apart from that the audience generally stay in their seats for the first and the second sets (as they did in Ghent). After that it is a free-for-all - people will make a dash for the front for the encores and the stewards rarely try to stop it. Leonard clearly loves having people standing at the front, singing along to So Long Marianne etc and I have a feeling the stewards may be given specific instructions to allow the audience to stand at the front for the encores.

As to whether your children will see anything from row 14, they may not be able to see much of the stage (it depends on how big they are and how big the person immediately in front of them is) but they should be able to see the large screens either side of the stage and they will certainly be able to hear the music.

Enjoy!

Wendy
Thanks Wendy, very kind of you to reply. Your description sounds familiar to my experience of previous LC concerts. I was just wondering if Wembley Arena were more strict than other places - I have found that UK venues tend to frown on enjoyment sometimes :? . I also wondered how raised the stage was, so that the children might still be able to see because they were looking up not just ahead iyswim. Not long to find out though :D

Best wishes

Hi
I hope you all get a good view on the night and the kids don't get too sleepy - because it is likely to be a late ending .
What intrigues me about your email is the notion that your nine year old is an ' avid fan'.
It's just that i always saw leonard's work as quintesentially ' music for grown ups' , with an emotional resonance that it's hard to experience/appreciate if you haven't lived a bit and gone through some of what adult life can throw at you

Maybe i'm being a bit overly complicated. it would be interesting to hear the songs through a child's ears . I never did since my parents didn't play it ! My own kids never really got into leonard when they were young ,! Oasis was more their stuff ( and i ilke that too !)

Perhaps a thread on ' children who really like leonard cohen ' would be interseting ?!

hope they enjoy the concert

David[/quote

Hi David

Yes, the children are ready for a late night! They should be fine, albeit tired with a 11-12am finish time. Neither is asleep much before 10pm on a normal schoolnight anyway, despite my best efforts. They know it is a very special occasion for them, and I imagine the atmosphere will keep them going :D

I agree with you re different appreciations of LC. I love everything about his music, and the reverence of his live performances. They move me more than any other music has ever done. Meanwhile, the children love singing along to I'm Your Man, So Long Marianne, First We Take Manhattan etc etc. They quite often ask about specific lyrics, and I am often lost to explain them in a meaningful way, but there is something about the poetry of his words that they kind of fall into like I do.

I will ask them afterwards what they thought and report back! As I said, I am not expecting them to appreciate the night as much as me, but I hope it will be one they will really treasure for what they do take from it.

As an aside, my Dad was into LC when I was growing up, and I just didn't get him at all. I used to take the mickey about his depressing, rubbish voice and act stupid when the records were put on the radiogram. My Dad must have been very patient because I never recall him being annoyed. I only converted in my late 20's, so this will only be my fourth time seeing him (although I was most fortunate to meet him a couple of years ago, and he was charming, calming, with quite a twinkle in his eye!).

Thank you for your good wishes.
Yiannis

Post by Yiannis » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 am

from eventim customer service:
Tickets will be despatched on Friday August 31 by DHL International Delivery, so should be with you by the middle of next week at the latest.
Further to this.. Is the Saturday event really sold out?
2012: 2x London (Wembley), Paris (Olympia) | 2013: 2x London (O2 Arena), Rome (Foro Italico Roma), Lucca (Piazza Napoleone), Manchester (Phones4U Arena), Birmingham (LG Arena) | 2014: ...
spottsue

Post by spottsue » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 am

David[/quote]
"
Hi! I've been a LC fan since I was 14. My kids have listened to their mother listening to him all their lives - they are NOT exactly 'fans' of his!
However, I shall forgive all their jibes over the years for their actions when I last saw The Man in Birmingham 2008. On returning home at 1.00am, they were still 'partying away' ---------- "come on, mum. put on the TShirt and join us!" They had spent the evening listening to (most) of the LC collection and were doing LC karaoke - this may sound so irreverent to many of you, but to me it was unforgettable! We partyed on till about 4am. I hope they do the same when I go to Wembley! Kids at the time were 22, 21 and 17 - they're even less grown up in 2012 - I blame their mother.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:It looks as if Eventim have started to process the refunds. I have just had an e-mail from them to tell me that my order for the first Hop Farm show has been cancelled and to allow 3-5 days for the refund to reach my credit card account. They don't say how much the refund is or whether it includes booking fees & postage. I would hope to get the booking fee back but I can't see we'll get the postage or insurance premiums back. I may be wrong.

Wendy
Eventim have no confirmed the amount of the refund at £102 per ticket. That's ticket cost £95 + £7 "card handling fee" refunded. As expected, there's nothing for postage or insurance premiums.

Wendy
bean

Post by bean » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:26 pm

I think it is disgraceful that they are not refunding the insurance and 'service/delivery charges'

Anyone got an e-mail address for them?

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”