Page 9 of 20

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:17 pm
by osmachar
Just seen this now and checked on ticketmaster and eventim and they are trying to flock really crap seats for nearly £100 and again they don't show you what's available and not so you can't even pick your own seats.

Checked out another webste where they sell good-ish seats for almost £200 per person.

They are really having a laugh!!! Bring back the old fashioned ticket booths where you had to queue but then at least you could say to a person where you want to sit and were not subjetct to some random money-stealing online booking company!

Disggruntled customer who has not bopught any tickets.

And I do feel so sorry for the people who bought their tickets and made expensive travel arrangements for Kent and now are stuffed.

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:35 pm
by bean
Just got back of Holiday this morning to see all the change of venue e-mails. :shock:

I had a front row seat for the Hop Farm and fortunately was given a code to book for the front row at Wembley - which I did very quickly this morning. Fortunately have a front row seat at Wembley now.

Far from my favourite venue but I suppose at least it is indoors and easier to get to than the Hop Farm.

Not checked my credit card for the refund yet. I trust we are getting all the booking fees back as well!

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:36 pm
by ncb
I've just noticed that The Telegraph website says:

"Leonard Cohen ditches Hop Farm for Wembley
Dismay for Hop Farm as singer Leonard Cohen cancels his concert without explanation to play Wembley Arena instead."

and quotes:

"Unfortunately we haven't been given any information as to why," the spokesman for Hop Farm told the BBC. "We are really disappointed. We were very much looking forward to welcoming Leonard to Kent."

link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... mbley.html

Disingenuous or genuine?

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:40 pm
by Kanga
I have now had an automated phone call and an email from Ticketmaster which I have replied to. No choice or details of where the seats will be but at least I feel confident I will be there :D

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 pm
by Mabeanie1
osmachar wrote: Bring back the old fashioned ticket booths where you had to queue but then at least you could say to a person where you want to sit and were not subjetct to some random money-stealing online booking company!
osmacher - if the Java seating plan doesn't work for you on the Eventim website, you could always call up the detailed seating plan for Wembley Arena on www.theatremonkey.com then give Eventim a call. That way you can ask about specific seating areas and check where your seat is before you buy. Sometimes the old fashioned ways do still work ....

Wendy

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:04 pm
by Paul Zagreb
my screen shot here

download/file.php?id=15032&mode=view

may also help, Osmacher

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:17 pm
by osmachar
thanks for this! will check it out.

..
Just did and comes up with an error message. Will need to chck from another computer.

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:43 pm
by lightasabreeze
Something else I have realised is that at the Hop Farm your ticket price for car parking was included with your ticket.
Ah.. Now it will cost you another £8.00 to park at Wembly. Can't win. Can you? £16 for larger vans.

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:50 pm
by Vicomte
lightasabreeze wrote:Something else I have realised is that at the Hop Farm your ticket price for car parking was included with your ticket.
Ah.. Now it will cost you another £8.00 to park at Wembly. Can't win. Can you? £16 for larger vans.
I think it is £20 in the main car park for the Arena though and still cheaper than on Stadium days. The car parking for £8 is further away with another car parking company but not that far.

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:39 pm
by curiousberyl
What a mess

I am very worried as have now had to pay £200+ for new tickets, and am trying to contact Eventim re refund as the account from which i paid for the tickets originally is now clkosed!

Also, if Vince Power/ Music Festivals is having financial problems are we going to get our money back at all?
Shares in Music Festivals tumbled 3.5p to a record low of 42.5p. They have crashed more than 30 per cent since their 65p debut last June.

Mr Power used to run the Mean Fiddler empire of London concert venues and then the Vince Power Music Group, which collapsed into administration in 2010.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 71446.html
Earlier this month, Music Festivals, the listed company run by promoter Vince Power which is behind the Hop Farm Festival and the popular Spanish festival, Benicassim, issued a warning it would return losses due to poor ticket sales of the Kent event.

In a statement to shareholders it confirmed: “The group was particularly impacted by weaker than expected ticket sales at the Hop Farm Music Festival which was loss-making. The Benicassim festival continued to be profitable but at a much lower level than 2011.

“As a result, the group currently expects to report a material loss for the year ending December 31 and is exploring ways of raising additional working capital.”

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/home/is_axe_h ... 1_1492302#
Not impressed with ridiculously short notice for the change & what about all the poor people who booked travel & accommodation in Kent??

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:46 pm
by bean
I think I was quite lucky having been on holiday yesterday and missing all the stress and uncertainty.

Bit shocked when I logged in this morning and saw the venue change but pleased to still have a front row seat and am probably happier to be going to Wembley than to the Hop farm.

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:49 pm
by songwriter
curiousberyl wrote:What a mess

I am very worried as have now had to pay £200+ for new tickets, and am trying to contact Eventim re refund as the account from which i paid for the tickets originally is now clkosed!

Also, if Vince Power/ Music Festivals is having financial problems are we going to get our money back at all?
Shares in Music Festivals tumbled 3.5p to a record low of 42.5p. They have crashed more than 30 per cent since their 65p debut last June.

Mr Power used to run the Mean Fiddler empire of London concert venues and then the Vince Power Music Group, which collapsed into administration in 2010.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 71446.html
Earlier this month, Music Festivals, the listed company run by promoter Vince Power which is behind the Hop Farm Festival and the popular Spanish festival, Benicassim, issued a warning it would return losses due to poor ticket sales of the Kent event.

In a statement to shareholders it confirmed: “The group was particularly impacted by weaker than expected ticket sales at the Hop Farm Music Festival which was loss-making. The Benicassim festival continued to be profitable but at a much lower level than 2011.

“As a result, the group currently expects to report a material loss for the year ending December 31 and is exploring ways of raising additional working capital.”

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/home/is_axe_h ... 1_1492302#
Not impressed with ridiculously short notice for the change & what about all the poor people who booked travel & accommodation in Kent??

I do not think there will be any issues obtaining refunds from Eventim, no need to worry about this.

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:57 pm
by prettylies
Isn't it also supposed to be an "afternoon" with LC starting @3pm? It's now starting at 6.30 :(

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:10 pm
by bean
Will all the original booking fees be refunded as well?

I notice that they are posting the tickets out this time - at least I did not see an option to print your own ticken on Eventim but I was booking very quickly.

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:43 pm
by prettylies
bean wrote:Will all the original booking fees be refunded as well?

I notice that they are posting the tickets out this time - at least I did not see an option to print your own ticken on Eventim but I was booking very quickly.

Yes I believe booking fees are also to be refunded- thats what I've read on all communication from Ticketmaster at least!