'FANS NEW TO FORUM'

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
James-on-tour

'FANS NEW TO FORUM'

Post by James-on-tour »

Although I visited the forum before - I have just recently registered and this is my first post. I read with interest some of the comments regarding 'new fans' perhaps only signing in to get tickets for resale. This may be the case with some but not me - my username should be a clue. It is great to be able to get a jump on ticket sales but I have always done ok before.
Everyone should (and I am sure does) appreciate the amount of work put in by the team involved with this website.

Just to list my C.V. -
2008 - 2 x O2 London, 1 x MEN Manchester
2009 - 4 x O2 Dublin, 2 x Monte Carlo
2010 - 1 x Sligo, 1 x Oslo, 1 x Caen, 1 x Grenoble, 1 x Strabourg, 1 x Lille, 1 x Portland, 2 x Las Vegas
2012 - 3 x Dublin, 3 x Paris ......
lizzytysh

Re: 'FANS NEW TO FORUM'

Post by lizzytysh »

Great first post, James-ON-TOUR :lol: ~ your post oughta warm the cockles of some hearts :) .
Why don't you go on down to the Comments & Questions section to Introduce yourself and share how you came to learn about Leonard and anything else:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13243

Welcome to the Forum, James :D

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Gabby

Post by Gabby »

Hi there James-On-Tour,

Consider my cockles well and truly warmed :lol:
I am too a relatively new member to the forum ( joined March '12) and must admit felt a wee bit guilty when I read the few comments re the 'new' members mysteriously turning up before pre-sales!!! But that was just bad timing on my behalf ( but boy I am so glad I found it :D ). I have been a long time fan of the wonderful Mr. LC, ever since I first heard his dulcet tones at the tender age of 15.....(as I said...a long time ago!!) and it's so great to chat to like-minded souls.
Anyway, as I am addicted to the forum there is only one thing to say .... enjoy!

Cheers, 8)
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Welcome James and Gabby. It is nice to see you both surfacing in our little corner of the world. No need to feel guilty about what brought you here. Who understands how the universe conspires to pull us along a certain path. Or as Leonard would say, "There's a blaze of light in every word, it doesn't matter which you heard." So, let's just celebrate that we have found each other.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
GeorgeThomas

Post by GeorgeThomas »

Another new member but an old fan. I've been a passive fan since 1968 when my parents brought back 'Songs Of Leonard Cohen' from a trip to New York. I saw him in the 70's at Isle of Wight and Leicester, in the 80's at Albert Hall. In more recent times Birmingham and Monte Carlo. Next Verona. However I have only found this forum today.
Last edited by GeorgeThomas on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 »

GeorgeThomas wrote:Another new member but an old fan. I've been a passive fan since 1968 when my parents brought back 'The Songs Of Leonard Cohen' from a trip to New York. I saw him in concert in the 70's at Isle of Wight, Birmingham and Leicester, in the 80's at Albert Hall. In more recent times I was fortunate to be at Glastonbury then Birmingham and Monte Carlo. Next Verona. However I have only found this forum today.

Welcome! I first saw LC at the IOW and still have memories of sitting on the hill as he sang underneath the starry skies.

Like many others I only found this forum when he returned to touring.
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.
chaplainmom

Post by chaplainmom »

I joined the forum about a month ago, found it by searching the web for info about Leonard. Had no idea about the ticket pre sales until after I joined (that was a nice surprise though!). I like lots of music and different artists, but none of it compares to Leonard! His music touches me in a way that no one elses does, it's hard to explain (and I know it doesn't really need an "explanation"). Glad I found these wonderful sites...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Excellent find for both of you, stargazer and chaplainmom... thanks for sharing your histories with Leonard's music.

Chaplainmom has already been there, but it would be great if you, too, would go and introduce yourself here, as well, stargazer:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13243&start=375

Meanwhile, welcome to the Forum :D .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 »

lizzytysh wrote:Excellent find for both of you, stargazer and chaplainmom... thanks for sharing your histories with Leonard's music.

Chaplainmom has already been there, but it would be great if you, too, would go and introduce yourself here, as well, stargazer:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13243&start=375

Meanwhile, welcome to the Forum :D .

~ Lizzy
Thanks but as I have been here since 2008, it seems a little late to introduce myself! :D

edit....that sounds a bit rude, didn't mean it to be!
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.
missjackie

Post by missjackie »

Hello friends,

I'm also a fan since many and many years and this is also my first post. My first gig from Lenny was in Frankfurt in the year 1996 and it was so perfect. It was a dream and I hoped so much to see him again one time. And that was in 2008/2009 in Gent and Rotterdam and Antwerpen I believe.

And now in August 2 times in Gent. First I bought tickets for the 12th of August, but I was not satisfied and wanted to go a second time. And then I had the excuse: my 16 year old daughter loves the new cd Old Ideas so much, and I asked her : do you want to see Lenny ??? She said yes and I bought tickets for the 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes :lol:

I am so happy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
missjackie

Post by missjackie »

Frankfurt was in 1994, I wrote 1996 I believe, I can't see the message yet!
jessica02

Post by jessica02 »

Hi fellow fans..I've loved Leonard Cohen for years. My hubby and I have the London CD playing 90% of the time while we're driving....could listen to Halleluja 24/7! We are so stoked he will be performing in NYC, and unfortunately have never been to one of his concerts. Signed up on his site for info when the new album came out, but never saw the forum!
greeny

Post by greeny »

jessica02 wrote:Hi fellow fans..I've loved Leonard Cohen for years. My hubby and I have the London CD playing 90% of the time while we're driving....could listen to Halleluja 24/7! We are so stoked he will be performing in NYC, and unfortunately have never been to one of his concerts. Signed up on his site for info when the new album came out, but never saw the forum!
Hello... I'm an old ( :cry: ) fan too, but new on here....

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”