PRESALE TO the 3rd CONCERT IN DUBLIN

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Grainnemhaoil

Re: PRESALE TO the 3rd CONCERT IN DUBLIN

Post by Grainnemhaoil » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:26 am

AnthonyKelly wrote:Heh can someone please help, how do I get the presale password? Am getting lost in the threads & getting nowhere?
Hi Anthony,

Go to board index / old ideas world tour. the very first item should be presale link and passwords thread (above the announcements),

The link should take you straight to ticket master where the tickets for 14th are available.

Good luck!
Oh God, The Trees Are Excellent.
clive cass

Post by clive cass » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 am

Was on ticketmaster at bang on 9am and already logged into my own ticketmaster account (so I do not have to enter any personal or credit card details) and was offered row M (that is row 13) in Block A4 but of course the site crashed and by the time I was logged back in I was offered row J in block A3. To be honest I am reasonably happy and would normally accept the seats I got as being very good seats but I wonder who has got the first 13 rows in block A4 and why I was then shunted over to block A3. I would place a bet that tomorrow morning I can get better seats or that someone will get better seats than me later today.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
sandraa

Post by sandraa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:31 am

I'm much happier with my ticket for this concert, BLK A3, row f, seat 66. I've 3 tickets for row dd in block a on the tuesday night. For this concert i thought ditch the rest of the family and go with one ticket and it's given me better results.Hope everyone got what they were hoping for and i never thought this would happen again so i'm over the moon. Thank you to everyone and i hope frayed nerves recover for all of you
shelly19

Post by shelly19 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:35 am

I got block A3 too row G, i think its good I was on at 9am would have loved A4 but not to be. I have block A4 row Q (17th row) for sale for the Wed night if your interested or anyone else. When we went to Lisadell we had what i could only call nose bleed seats and it was still amazing, except for the few who were only there for the drink and messing... Leonard is Leonard wherever you sit :)
Toncas

Post by Toncas » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 am

Where do i find "Presale links and passwords"
MarieM

Post by MarieM » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 am

Toncas, right here:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31893
Marie
Speaking Cohen
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 am

Thank you so much Jarkko and Marie.

So grateful and happy this morning!

Mar
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:42 am

Diana

To say I'm shocked by your outburst is putting it mildly, but I am not surprised. You are only saying out loud what I feel a certain number of forum members feel, viz ...that unless you have 4, or indeed in some cases, 5 figure post totals on this forum, you are not a true fan. This could not be further from the truth. Perhaps the real fans spend more time listening to Leonard's music than posting here. ? I have been a fan for the last 45 years, and only joined the forum in 2008. The reason.? I did not have internet access at home until then. There are many other reasons why people are only joining now. To make judgements about their motives for joining sits oddly with your " love's the only engine of survival" signature. I know plenty of fans who are not members, but no less the fan for that.

Like Marie, I was a lone fan for many years but I am delighted that at last Leonard has achieved the success and recognition he deserves. And long may it last.

To anyone described as "scum", please accept that not all forum members feel like this. I hope you will continue to make your views known and contribute to the forum.

And one final comment, if you're looking for capitalists, I suggest you could start with AEG, Sony and local promoters.

Tony.
Last edited by Bill's Bar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
lusciousblopster

Post by lusciousblopster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:47 am

just want to say thanks a million jarkko, marie and everyone else who runs this site. i just got my tickets for the dublin friday concert moments ago and i'm really delighted. i know the two people i'm going to surprise with the tickets will also be over the moon. i didn't care where the seats were, just to get a ticket at all. i saw him in 2008 in kilmainham and it was one of the best concerts i have ever seen in my life, without exaggeration. he played for over 3 hours and the atmosphere and his own feelings which came across so clearly on stage were just so powerful and moving. we sat in the light rain not even feeling it, absolutely transfixed.

i am one of the 'new fans' in that i only managed to work out two days ago what the fanclub presale meant and how to participate in it and so i joined this forum. i am not a big internet user so it wasn't something i would have done before, but i am a fan. i have his albums, and book of longing as well as 'dance me to the end of love' with the matisse paintings. and i truly love his music. for years and years, i never thought i would get to see him sing.

i can understand people's frustrations when touts or ordinary people come and join the forum and then sell the tickets for a lot more on ebay or elsewhere. i hope people here will resist the temptation to do that. it's really a shame that leonard has chosen to (or had to) go through ticketmaster who have a poor online system that often doesn't work, charge extremely high booking fees, and have a near-monopoly on ticket sales in ireland. i am from dublin and ticketmaster are a frequent source of pain to musiclovers in ireland. maybe we can encourage leonard to go with tickets.ie or some other smaller suppliers next time, though usually such things are hard to change. there are other things he could be encouraged to do to get rid of touts, like requiring names or id on all tickets. let's hope things will improve.

i wanted to say that last time having been unable to get a ticket as they sold out so fast in 2008, a week or two before the concert i went to toutless.com which as its name suggests is not for touts. there you can buy tickets from other fans at face value only - you cannot pay or offer tickets for more than face value including booking fee - it is legal and is a way for fans with an extra ticket or who can't go for whatever reason to get those tickets to other fans. we met a lovely guy who couldn't go to the concert himself, paid him face value, and got to go to one of the best concerts ever, that people in dublin still talk about 4 years later. it is possible to do things fairly. this post is very long, but thanks again for all your help and efforts running this forum. i wish everyone an incredible time at the concert, and love to all his fans.
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:47 am

majmunka wrote:
musicmania wrote:Thank you so much Jarkko! 5th row almost centre stage so very happy :D
5th row for me too, Gwen :D Might be next to you :D

Thanks, Jarkko and Marie, you have the patience of a saint <3
Majmunka
What seat number are you? I'm 105. We will have to celebrate when I am in Budapest at the weekend! :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
TinaH

Post by TinaH » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:50 am

Am not really happy folks ,was on immediately ,as Marie said be there early . But only got A4 ROW Q ..and am not happy as coming all the way from Australia..would there have been a delay due to my being further away in cyber space? Might sell it later. and couldn't get back on to see if anyhting better came up. Tina H
FatherDougal

Post by FatherDougal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:51 am

clive cass wrote:Was on ticketmaster at bang on 9am and already logged into my own ticketmaster account (so I do not have to enter any personal or credit card details) and was offered row M (that is row 13) in Block A4 but of course the site crashed and by the time I was logged back in I was offered row J in block A3. To be honest I am reasonably happy and would normally accept the seats I got as being very good seats but I wonder who has got the first 13 rows in block A4 and why I was then shunted over to block A3. I would place a bet that tomorrow morning I can get better seats or that someone will get better seats than me later today.
I feel your frustration. Its hard to think/believe that there could be several hundred folk,
simultaneously trying to get the best seats. And I suppose some, naturally, will be reserved
for Leonard & The Bands' guests & families, AEG & POD management companies.

You have to hand it, though, to Jarkko, his family & fellow Mods, week in, week out,
month in & out, etc etc, to continuouly attempt to satisfy people.
That saying springs to mind:
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time,
but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Tomorrow when seats go on general sale,
there will be folk out there, who'll bite your hand off for those seats, imho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPNkUZCsgOo

Fr Dougal
Well, Ted, as I said last time, it won't happen again.
sandraa

Post by sandraa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 am

got another blk a3 row d ticket so my other half is not now subjected to waiting for hours for me in dublin.I so much hope i'll be able to take a few photos as with Belfast and Sligo
majmunka

Post by majmunka » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:11 pm

musicmania wrote: What seat number are you? I'm 105. We will have to celebrate when I am in Budapest at the weekend! :D
84. Not next to you then :)
Eva
alcibiades

Post by alcibiades » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:17 pm

presale went like a dream.2 tickets by 9.07am.Many thanks Alcibiades

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”