Tickets delivery problems

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Murphy575

Where's my ticket?

Post by Murphy575 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Hello.

I bought two tickets for Ghent as a birthday present for the wife, I bought it from the sherpa.be site (or whatever it was) and got the confirmation etc on 1st April. Now from what I understand my tickets should be dispatched within 3 days according to the site however every day I check the update for my tickets it says "dispatch date [insert todays date]"

Her birthday is on the 22nd April, I hope I get them before then.

Of course, I might be stupid and have not seen that somewhere it says tickets will be released xyz, but the purpose of this post was mainly to see if this is normal, has anyone else got the physical tickets yet, should I worry etc

ps.I know it's only 9 days, and we have 12 until her birthday but I like to worry with websites I've never heard of before lol
Maarten

Re: Where's my ticket?

Post by Maarten » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi,
Sherpa.be is the official seller and trustworthy in delivering tickets etc, but indeed the shipping date keeps shifting back every day. Don't worry: your tickets will arrive, I'm sure, but I can't garantee it'll be on time for your wife's birthday... The August concerts are still a long way away, so there's nu rush on their part...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
victoriaplum

Re: Tickets delivery problems

Post by victoriaplum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:00 pm

yoeri wrote:
victoriaplum wrote:Every day the 'Date d'envoi' changes for me - now it has been changed again, to today's date. Sigh. Still, a good excuse to drink fine wine every evening until the tickets arrive ;)
it's the fourth column that you have to check. if there is a sign with an enveloppe, it means tickets are ready to be sent. If there is a sign with something like a bird (dont know how its called in english) it means they are sent.
Only an envelope :-\
Dance me to the end of love
------------------------------------
'Live in London' 2008; Ghent 2012; London 2013.
Murphy575

Re: Where's my ticket?

Post by Murphy575 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi there.

thanks for confirming I at least bought them at the correct place :D

Secondly, I apologise. While I did actually look for some reason I did not see the post which has now been bumped upto the top relating to ticket deliveries.

I don't really mind if I can't give her the tickets (although that would be ideal of course) on her birthday, I can just print out the confirmation but I just wanted to make sure it was 'normal' and as it transpires, it is.

Thank you for your reply though :)

*** Topics merged *** Maarten
victoriaplum

Post by victoriaplum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Just got email to say tickets have now been sent to me for Ghent :)
Gabby

Post by Gabby » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:06 am

Me too Victoriaplum, I was thrilled to notice yesterday on the Sherpa site that my tickets for Ghent have finally been posted out....yippee :D :D :D
Today, after a horribly hectic day in work I came home and rather optimistically opened my letter box.....only to find a speeding fine :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...Bummer!!!

Someone pour me a big glass of wine, please ;-)
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Goldin wrote:Victoria,
Gabby,

Did you receive a "Shipping notification" from Sherpa.be? In that letter you'll find information about the delivery company & the consignment number. Go to the site of that company, find a "track package" option, and use the number to learn, where is your shipment.
I recieved a "Shipping notification" from Sherpa.be the day before yesterday, april 17.
I have not recieved my tickets yet and I also asked and payed for a secured delivery.
I guess they will arrive soon, but my nerve system doesn't believe me. :oops:
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
Maarten

Post by Maarten » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Winnaar58 wrote:I recieved a "Shipping notification" from Sherpa.be the day before yesterday, april 17.
I have not recieved my tickets yet and I also asked and payed for a secured delivery.
Ine,
No need to panic :-)
I got a shipping notification on the 16th and I'm sure our tickets will arrive soon. They are being send by courier, that's why it takes a bit longer :? .

See you in Ghent!
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Maarten wrote:
Winnaar58 wrote:I recieved a "Shipping notification" from Sherpa.be the day before yesterday, april 17.
Ine,
No need to panic :-)
I got a shipping notification on the 16th and I'm sure our tickets will arrive soon. They are being send by courier, that's why it takes a bit longer :? .

See you in Ghent!
Maarten
Thanks Maarten and I am sure the other two without tickets yet, are also happy with your answer!
See you august 14.
I learned to write.

(Leonard Cohen)
Gabby

Post by Gabby » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:41 pm

Many thanks folks, Maaten and Winnaar58, for getting back to me with your pacifying words and instructions on tickets and tracking the little gems! To be honest I really have no real fears for them because from past posts on this site it appears that this forum has used Sherpa before and is well acquainted with how they operate, so no worries then!!!
:D :D ROLL ON SWEET GHENT :D :D :D
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Just like to tell to those who worrie(just like I did) about NOT recieving their tickets, that I got mine late this afternoon.
So with a little patience it is all going to be all right for all of us, I am sure about that now!
Have a nice evening :D
I learned to write.

(Leonard Cohen)
victoriaplum

Post by victoriaplum » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Lucky! :)
Mine still not here - also got a traffic offence notice though! :roll:
Will patiently wait :)
Gabby

Post by Gabby » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Heartfelt sympathies for you Victoriaplum re the traffic offence, from your speedy-sister here!!!
Speedy!!.....that's a laugh, 90 kph in an 80 zone!! But I have learned a lesson (better say that!!)
Anyway, on with the wait.
Gabby, (aka Speedy Gonzales) xxx

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”