DUBLIN 2012

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
shelly19

Re: DUBLIN 2012

Post by shelly19 »

Hi to you all going to Dublin for Leonard.
If your looking for someplace handy to stay and not expensive Citywest hotel is about 20 min away on the luas, (tram) it costs €88 double room, B&B and the rooms are huge, if you want you can also book with Lidlbreaks sometimes getting it cheeper. The luas goes the whole way into dublin city too.
Some hotels have hiked up there prices and we all need to mind our money. :)
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

shelly19 wrote: Some hotels have hiked up their prices and we all need to mind our money. :)
Good advice, shelly19. Some of the hotels nearby have certainly done that. Some of the smaller B and Bs did not - but then they are long since booked out, or have only their biggest rooms left. Luckily, someone booking any hotel near the red Luas line to Heuston station will have no trouble getting to Kilmainham.
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
shelly19

Post by shelly19 »

We priced loads, but have booked citywest. We stayed there last weekend for a night very handy for luas and huge hotel, prices have not been put up .
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

Have been away with family for the last month, didn't have internet access, and arrived home to discover there's a 4th concert!! Too late for pre-sale of course, but got good tiered seats. We were quite happy with tiered seats in 2008, so hope they're as good this time.
Wow, how lucky we are to have four concerts in Ireland!! :D :D :D
Have any of you Irish got your tickets from Ticketmaster? Mine haven't been sent out yet, I expected to find them here when we got home.
Did I miss anything else? :?: ;-)
Anne
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Got mine about a week ago, Anne Marie.... :D
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

My tickets haven't been dispatched yet either. I have no idea how Ticketmaster do it - some people have had their tickets for weeks; others haven't been sent out yet.

Wendy
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Mabeanie1 wrote: I have no idea how Ticketmaster do it

Wendy
Is it alphabetical? Mine have not been sent yet, and I'm near the end of the alphabet. I have bought Ticketmaster tickets for an event in August which haven't arrived yet either. But then, so far - they always arrive eventually, in time! :D
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

TipperaryAnn wrote:
Mabeanie1 wrote: I have no idea how Ticketmaster do it

Wendy
Is it alphabetical? Mine have not been sent yet, and I'm near the end of the alphabet. I have bought Ticketmaster tickets for an event in August which haven't arrived yet either. But then, so far - they always arrive eventually, in time! :D
That could be it.... I'm right near the start of the alphabet, and I got mine a while ago.... :D I had thought it was just random, or that overseas ones went first (that wouldn't work, as I'm definitely in Ireland... ;-) ) I suppose that there must be some logic to it, so alphabetical could be it... :shock:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Got in for the presale and secured tickets for the wednesday night gig
No tickets dispatched to me yet
G
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

annmarie wrote:Have been away with family for the last month, didn't have internet access, and arrived home to discover there's a 4th concert!!

Did I miss anything else? :?: ;-)
Anne
A pleasant surprise to come back to, annmarie. You probably missed a few other concert announcements elsewhere, too, and of course many words of wisdom here on the forum!
golo99

Post by golo99 »

No-one should panic re not getting tickets yet, it seems to be as random re dispatch as ever. Got my Friday ones yesterday but no sign of the Tuesday or Wednesday ones ordered many days/weeks earlier. Random as ever!
2008 Dublin June 15th, Manchester June 20th, Vienna Sept 24th, London Nov 17th, Brighton Nov 28th / 2009 Weybridge July 11th / 2010 Malmo Aug 4th, Lille Sept 25th / 2012 Dublin Sept 12th & 14th / 2013 Brighton Aug 28th
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

TipperaryAnn wrote: ....and of course many words of wisdom here on the forum!
well, I haven't been away, but I seem to have missed those :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

golo99 wrote: Got my Friday ones yesterday but no sign of the Tuesday or Wednesday ones ordered many days/weeks earlier. Random as ever!
That's interesting, golo99. My theory about it being alphabetical doesn't hold up so. The workings of Ticketmaster remain mysterious... You'd imagine they would have to have SOME system, otherwise they might forget someone, which luckily doesn't seem to happen!
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

Remember this night four years ago :?: :?: The Kilmainham magic had just about started :D :D :D
Still no tickets, but I'm sure they'll arrive.
greeny

Post by greeny »

annmarie wrote: Still no tickets, but I'm sure they'll arrive.
Hey, my tickets arrived today... yippee! :D

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”