Pre-sales to Dublin and Belfast

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
confetti

Re: Pre-sales to Dublin and Belfast

Post by confetti »

excellent what seat number?
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
MFL

Post by MFL »

47 + 48. I have no idea what side that is. Maybe you can help ?
Marcie
confetti

Post by confetti »

you are on the opposite side to me i have 3,4,5,and 6. your seats are the webb sisters side and I am on javier mas' side
table top joe

Post by table top joe »

MFL wrote:I'm in the 3rd row in Belfast also so count me in. :evil: Eyes wide open.

:lol:

He hasnt a chance!

We've all got to be on our toes people,we've all got to work together on this!
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

Here's to those folks who are out of work, on short-time, fallen behind on mortgages, hit by the whole conundrum.
Here's to those folks who would like to but can't be at the concerts.
Spare a thought!
Shadowplay

Post by Shadowplay »

Jarkko, thanks ever so much!

All booked - front row, number 30 and 31 (which is bang in the middle, I think) Can't wait; it's my first time seeing Leonard!
maisiesmum

Post by maisiesmum »

Thanks to Jarkko & all concerned. Looking forward to both Dublin -row A & Belfast - 2nd row.

See you all there.
confetti

Post by confetti »

Red Poppy wrote:Here's to those folks who are out of work, on short-time, fallen behind on mortgages, hit by the whole conundrum.
Here's to those folks who would like to but can't be at the concerts.
Spare a thought!
you trying to make all these new people that don't know you, feel bad red poppy?
not sure it'll work. :lol:
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words »

Unfortunately the ticket scalpers/touts appear to have got their hands on some of the best tickets for both Belfast and Dublin (on sale at e-bay)through the fan presale (and openly stating this!).

I wish this practice could be sorted so that the real music fan is not dis-advantaged. Some artists such as Tom Waits have a contract that tickets have the name of the purchaser printed on them and that on entry a form of ID relating to the name is shown (as in his Dublin show last year). The fan presale tickets at minimum should perhaps have some restriction on them so that this privilege is not abused and that they go to genuine fans at the face value.

I am grateful for the presale (Thanks Jarkko and LC) but the fact that scalps/touts received better tickets and are now selling them for multiples of the original face value is annoying. Some poor (or rich!) fan/ music lover will now be faced with handing out this extortionate amount and handing easy profits to a scumbag.
confetti

Post by confetti »

The system for the Tom Waits show last year in dublin, although it did slow things down, a lot, it definitely worked. There were no Tom Waits tickets on ebay.

In the shop we had to type in customer name and phone number for Leonard tickets, but not for identification purposes. it's just a new thing that is coming in gradually whereby if there is a cancellation or venue change then ticketmaster can contact the consumer. The customer name is printed on the ticket.

The presale is for forum members obviously but I don't really see a way that Jarkko and others can police it and know who is a tout and who is genuine fan. I emailed one of the guys who was selling front row tickets and asked him what seat numbers, he said he couldn't tell me exactly because "actual seat numbers can't be given out on an open site (I hope you understand)"
swan13

Post by swan13 »

Unspoken Words wrote:Unfortunately the ticket scalpers/touts appear to have got their hands on some of the best tickets for both Belfast and Dublin (on sale at e-bay)through the fan presale (and openly stating this!).

I wish this practice could be sorted so that the real music fan is not dis-advantaged. Some artists such as Tom Waits have a contract that tickets have the name of the purchaser printed on them and that on entry a form of ID relating to the name is shown (as in his Dublin show last year). The fan presale tickets at minimum should perhaps have some restriction on them so that this privilege is not abused and that they go to genuine fans at the face value.

I am grateful for the presale (Thanks Jarkko and LC) but the fact that scalps/touts received better tickets and are now selling them for multiples of the original face value is annoying. Some poor (or rich!) fan/ music lover will now be faced with handing out this extortionate amount and handing easy profits to a scumbag.
Here here. :x
"Should've got in the car"
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

confetti wrote:The system for the Tom Waits show last year in dublin, although it did slow things down, a lot, it definitely worked. There were no Tom Waits tickets on ebay.
Sorry to disagree with you confetti but there were plenty of Tom Waits tickets on eBay. People worked in pairs, bought 2 sets of tickets then advertised one of each pair for sale. The auctions all took place before the Ticketmaster deadline for providing second ticket names and the deal was you bought one ticket of each pair then swapped the seats around inside. The TW arrangements may have cut down the number of tickets in the secondary market but it did not stop it by any stretch of the imagination. Sadly, the touters will always find a way round any restriction.

Wendy
confetti

Post by confetti »

oh didn't realise that i had searched just after the sales and there were no dublin ones. I didn't check nearer the time, because quite a few tickets came on sale on ticketmaster and I was able to get some customers tickets that had been waiting patiently.
I'm not sure I would want to meet the person who ripped me off and swap tickets with them.
Galway

Post by Galway »

Go raibh míle maith agat, Thank you for all your work on this forum, Jarkko.
Got tickets in row E.
Should be a great extended week-end (fingers crossed),
Connacht Final on Sunday and Mr.Cohen on Monday.
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

Confetti,
No - just a sign of the hard times in which some people live.
Enjoy the shows one and all.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”