Page 4 of 16

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:57 pm
by jarkko
Istanbul and Bucharest are indeed in the tentative list, but today still not confirmed by AEG, and marked with 'not to be announced yet'.

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm
by Goldin
jarkko wrote:Istanbul and Bucharest are indeed in the tentative list, but today still not confirmed by AEG, and marked with 'not to be announced yet'.
Heh, how does the publication on official site corresponds to "not to be announced" condition?

Love LeonardCohen.com. Most time of the year it doesn't give any actual information, but sometimes it suddenly tells us more than we should know.

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:27 am
by John Etherington
lightasthebreeze - Just to make clear, the "high taxes" excuse for not coming to the U.K. came from the Beach Boys camp- not Leonard's. I know nothing that everyone else here doesn't know about the "Old Ideas" tour. However, knowing how these things work, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there a was a presale for at least one U.K. Leonard gig by this time next week! Pity Leonard's management have to deal with Ticketmaster. You'd have thought by now they would be using a tout-free method of selling tickets (I believe Radiohead successfully put on big concerts where ticket buyers had to produce the credit card they'd used at the door).

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:37 pm
by johnbhoy26
It would be far more logical to do Dublin then Belfast and then the UK mainland

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:45 pm
by lightasabreeze
John Etherington wrote:lightasthebreeze - Just to make clear, the "high taxes" excuse for not coming to the U.K. came from the Beach Boys camp- not Leonard's. I know nothing that everyone else here doesn't know about the "Old Ideas" tour. However, knowing how these things work, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there a was a presale for at least one U.K. Leonard gig by this time next week! Pity Leonard's management have to deal with Ticketmaster. You'd have thought by now they would be using a tout-free method of selling tickets (I believe Radiohead successfully put on big concerts where ticket buyers had to produce the credit card they'd used at the door).
Thanks John. Getting tickets for anything in the UK is naff (Olympics for instance, not that I want a ticket for that) I will be a patient lady!

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:08 pm
by John Etherington
johnbhoy26 wrote:It would be far more logical to do Dublin then Belfast and then the UK mainland


JB26 - That's exactly what I've been saying. Anyway, there are still those mysterious eleven empty days after the second Dublin show, so let's wait and see what happens. I sure ain't paying £400+ for a single ticket and an overnight stay in Europe, when I could get two pairs of London tickets for the same money!

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:11 pm
by RobH
UK fans hold on tight
only one in 2012 but this will be a long tour! ; )

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:57 pm
by Vicomte
A long tour......... :D

Feeling rather chuffed with myself, as my strong prediction (along with some others of course) that Leonard would most certainly tour again has come to fruition. ;-) :lol:

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:07 pm
by remote1
RobH wrote:UK fans hold on tight
only one in 2012 but this will be a long tour! ; )
Excellent, gives me a chance to save some money! :D

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:02 am
by John Etherington
Rob H - How do you know this will be a long tour? (I notice you've only posted here three times). Certainly, the UK missed out in 2010 - the nearest the tour came was Lille.

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:12 am
by ladydi
*

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:13 am
by Vicomte
John,

Rob Hallett is head of AEG in London, who are the international tour organizers.

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:24 am
by B4real
RobH wrote:UK fans hold on tight
only one in 2012 but this will be a long tour! ; )
Just in case no one has noticed that smilie which didn't show up properly after "tour!" is a wink ;-)

:) ....so....it could lead to this :D for all of you in the UK.

....now I could do with a few meaningful ;-) aimed at Australia!!

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:36 am
by tomsakic
Ronaldson wrote:
jarkko wrote:Maybe the old iceberg theory would be a good explanation to this mystery, in the long run?
Is this a hint that the 2012 tour is just the tip of the iceberg? I recall that in the Rolling Stone interview, Mr. Cohen said that he wouldn't want to do just a small tour. So... maybe there are several UK dates planned "in the long run" (2013?).
Don't forget how it all started in 2008... on small scale, similar to this. My strong belief is that this tour will continue similar fashion like the last one, next leg in US and Canada, then Australia and NZ in February "as usual", and then again Spring/Summer/Fall in Europe... We might be looking into another never-ending tour, so I am not sad that I can hardly make it this year (only to Verona, if it all goes well). It is comfortable to hear the same predictions from Mr. Hallett:)

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:04 am
by StBruno
RobH wrote:UK fans hold on tight
only one in 2012 but this will be a long tour! ; )
Thanks Rob, that is great news, both for us in the UK and all those others waiting!