When are the next dates and places?

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Maulwurf

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Post by Maulwurf »

jarkko, you might get tired of reading comments like these, but

i want to give thanks to your great work and the great deal of service you're giving to all of us with everything you do on this forum.

sounds pathetic, i know.
but since i started spectualting about things to come, almost ignoring things which have already been announced, i just wanted to add those words.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

+1
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Maulwurf wrote:i want to give thanks to your great work and the great deal of service you're giving to all of us with everything you do on this forum.
What he said.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

+3!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ForeverYoung

Post by ForeverYoung »

Jarkko... By UK, do you mean England? Just trying to decide whether this "tentative" date OR Dublin is more viable for me, and location would help that! :-D
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
jarkko wrote:All I can say is this: There is one tentative date reserved for an open air concert
in the UK
One???? I am truly shocked. What I wonder do UK fans have to do to see Leonard (apart from travel that is)?

Wendy
I too wonder why this is, especially as we missed out last time. An explanation would be nice, then we might understand.
It is OK for those to tell us to go to other countries, Firstly some people cannot do this for many reasons,
Secondly, many followers in the UK have been fans since Leonard started way way back and have been loyal in buying his records and seeing him whenever possible, so please don't forget us
now we are let's face it, as old as he is.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Maybe the old iceberg theory would be a good explanation to this mystery, in the long run?
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

jarkko wrote:Maybe the old iceberg theory would be a good explanation to this mystery, in the long run?
One visible concert date and lots of dates below the surface? :lol:
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Maybe, but it's very odd that Leonard's tour misses the UK. in both 2010 and 2012 (with no tour in 2011). There's a similiar situation with the Beach Boys 50th anniversary tour, which also appears to have snubbed the U.K. (their main excuse to date being that taxes are too high, here). Dylan is also absent from U.K. listings this year, apart from a possible appearance at Hop Farm.

What will possibly happen (assuming we survive the Mayan Calendar) is that all the majors will be touring the U.K. in 2013...Leonard, Dylan, Rolling Stones, Brian Wilson/Beach Boys etc, thus competing for major venues and causing financial dilemmas for fans who have multiple music interests. Anyway, I hope that the U.K. gets more than the crumbs of one open-air Leonard show.
Jailbreak

Post by Jailbreak »

I wonder where Leonard would even do an open air show. Hyde park seems to have quite a few complaints about gigs these days, so what with all the Olympic concerts I can't see them putting on another one.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

For some reason, they seem obsessed with open air shows this time round! They're all open air so far, right through to the end of September. They go inside on Sept 28 in Paris.

Wendy
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

Come on people, calm down.

Remember the 'strange' opening tour in 2008, through small locations in Eastern Canada? Remember how hungry we in the UK were then? And remember how in the end we were regally served by Leonard?

Keep calm and carry on (playing the CDs).
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

When the year's most open-air concerts, I also have a tip :idea: . Near where I live, is the place in town Ostrava where will be multi-genre festival Colour of Ostrava. This year in July there will appear among others, Rufus Wainwright, Björk, Alanis Morissette, Bobby McFerrin ... there are around 12 000 spectators. There could be like Leonard ;-) :razz:
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
da2008

Post by da2008 »

There's Bestival in September :?
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

I wonder how much say LC has in where the concerts take place? Or whether it's all handled by AEG (or whoever) with little reference to him. Obviously there are huge logistical issues, but it'd be interesting to know how the decisions are made. Presumably venue and production facilities wouldn't be a problem here in the UK - so why does it look as if we might miss out this year, when there's such a huge fan base here? Maybe they think we'll have had our share of big events, with the Olympics and Diamond Jubilee :!:

And +4!!

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”