Setlist predictions

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
shooting_star_88

Setlist predictions

Post by shooting_star_88 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Hello All :)

with the new tour upon us any thoughts or predictions of a setlist? :)

I'm always hoping for "Alexandra Leaving" :)
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy
xanax

Re: Setlist predictions

Post by xanax » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Belgian ticket master mentionned as folows :
Hij staat iedere avond gemiddeld drie uur op het podium en zal deze keer naast 'Ain't no cure for love', 'Bird on a wire', 'Who by fire', 'Tower of Song', 'Hallelujah', 'I'm your man', 'Take this Waltz', 'Suzanne', 'Chelsea Hotel', 'Famous Blue Raincoat', 'So long, Marianne', 'If it be your will' en 'I tried to leave you' ook een selectie uit 'Old Ideas' brengen

transl : Each evening he'll be on stage approx. 3 hours and will perform 'Ain't no cure for love', 'Bird on a wire', 'Who by fire', 'Tower of Song', 'Hallelujah', 'I'm your man', 'Take this Waltz', 'Suzanne', 'Chelsea Hotel', 'Famous Blue Raincoat', 'So long, Marianne', 'If it be your will' and 'I tried to leave you' as well as a selection from 'Old Ideas' .

I thought he didn't like to bring 'famous blue raincoat' anymore?
2008: Brugge 2009: Antwerpen
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 pm

THIS IS SPAM! wrote:
I thought he didn't like to bring 'famous blue raincoat' anymore?
That was before - the song was regular in 2010 shows, starting somewhere in 2009. Apparently he changed the mind. So now it's again the very favorite song! :) Plus, we have violin back, so... Maybe Amen would make it into the cut, and I hope for The Window. Although it might happen we will basically hear the same setlist, with couple of tracks from Old Ideas added.
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:46 pm

i'd say he starts reading from the local phone book.
then proceeding to talk about how he managed to steal "hallelujah" from bob dylan.
then telling the audience about the singing lessons tom waits gave to him in the early 80s - and why he still refuses to use them.

this part of the program might take two hours out of three.

the rest is:
band introduction,
an endless guitar solo by javier
and leonard teaching the webbs how to improve their spinning wheels.

last dances are "whither thou goest", "drive home savely!" and "don't catch a cold!" (additional vocals and dancing by robert kory)

that's my prediction so far :razz:
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:24 pm

How about "Please Don't Pass Me By"? :)
jorcx

Post by jorcx » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:49 pm

I've always enjoyed setlist speculation, well, here's what I'm dreaming of:

Dance Me To The End Of Love
The Future
Ain't No Cure For Love
Bird On The Wire
Everybody Knows
In My Secret Life
Show Me The Place
Who By Fire
Darkness
Amen
Chelsea Hotel #2
Come Healing
Alexandra Leaving

Tower Of Song
Suzanne
Crazy To Love You
Sisters Of Mercy
The Partisan
Lullaby
One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong
Hallelujah
I'm Your Man
A Thousand Kisses Deep
Take This Waltz

So Long, Marianne
First We Take Manhattan
Famous Blue Raincoat
If It Be Your Will
Going Home
I Tried To Leave You
Barcelona 15th May '93 | Dublin 13th June '08 | Lucca 27th July '08 | London 17th November '08 | Cap Roig 15th August '09 | Barcelona 21st September '09 | Barcelona 3rd October '12
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Of the songs I personally have never heard Leonard sing live before from previous records One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong tops the list and from Old Ideas Different Sides tops the list but really I'm just happy Leonard is going back on tour. That for me is the dream come true.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
magdasto

Post by magdasto » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:59 pm

I would love to hear live again The Partisan. There's something about this song that it never ever sounds the same... But yet it thrills me anytime I listen to it. And of course Marianne...but this one I will get for sure, I suppose :D
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Jorcx's setlist as about as perfect as it could be for me (might mean Leonard and co being on-stage for even more than 3 hours to get through). Avalanche before Suzanne and Crazy to Love You would make it perfectly perfect! Mind you, assuming Ghent is the first concert, one of the reasons I would love to be there is so I won't have a chance to see a setlist before I see Leonard live again!
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi Jordi,

Your setlist is as good as your football team and as interesting as your app.

Thanks for both.
The music in Liverpool is still good, but the team needs a few of the Barcelona players.

Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
da2008

Post by da2008 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:40 pm

As long as he does Hallelujah. Just kidding.
jorcx

Post by jorcx » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 pm

daveeliver wrote:Hi Jordi,

Your setlist is as good as your football team and as interesting as your app.

Thanks for both.
The music in Liverpool is still good, but the team needs a few of the Barcelona players.

Dave
Best regards Dave, I hope you get the chance to see this tour around Liverpool as well!
Well, I'm quite happy with the Barça football team but I think we have very tough games ahead and maybe I have more chance of getting this setlist prediction right than winning the championship, but it will be fun for sure (especially having that boy, Leo, Messin' around jeje...). Thanks for mentioning the app, I'm eager to include the new concerts there...
Good luck to you all, in life, music and football!
Jordi
Barcelona 15th May '93 | Dublin 13th June '08 | Lucca 27th July '08 | London 17th November '08 | Cap Roig 15th August '09 | Barcelona 21st September '09 | Barcelona 3rd October '12
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:49 pm

I love your set list Jordi. I am adding The Strangers Song to it as it's the latest one playing in a loop in my car.

Mar
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
jorcx

Post by jorcx » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Great, I'd love to hear it as well, for me Stranger Song or Avanlanche could very well fit in...
Jari

Post by Jari » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:28 pm

From the new album, I predict at least Amen, Show Me The Place, Darkness and Different Sides. Different Sides is quite I'm Your Man-esque, and since he likes to perform songs from that album, I have a strong feeling he'll include that one. Banjo is basically Feels So Good with different lyrics, so it might be there as well.

I'm hoping some of the less played songs from last tour would become regulars this time around, particularly Lover, Lover, Lover and Avalanche.

A Thousand Kisses Deep (the song) would be great, as well as The Law.

The setlist is probably going to be based on the previous tour, with a few variations/additons, as in jorcx's post.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”