PRESALE to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
holydove

Re: PRESALE on March 29 to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Post by holydove » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:56 pm

I printed out the order confirmations that showed up when I bought the Paris tickets, but I still have not received the confirmation emails which are usually sent pretty quickly, if not immediately. Have others received confirmation emails from topbillet.com/Gerard Drouot? I wonder if I should be worried about this. (I am feeling much less trusting of these websites, given the difficulties with both sherpa & topbillet).
basecamp

Post by basecamp » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:03 pm

I would send them a message! Usually they answer fairly quickly!
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
StBruno

Post by StBruno » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:10 pm

holydove, definitely ask - my email confirmation came quickly - and gives this address for queries

info@gdp.fr

GDP are usually pretty organised so you should be fine.
...like one who believes
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 pm

holydove wrote:I printed out the order confirmations that showed up when I bought the Paris tickets, but I still have not received the confirmation emails which are usually sent pretty quickly, if not immediately. Have others received confirmation emails from topbillet.com/Gerard Drouot? I wonder if I should be worried about this. (I am feeling much less trusting of these websites, given the difficulties with both sherpa & topbillet).
Have you tried logging into your account with topbillet.com? If you do, you should be able to inspect your orders. Also, if you created the account at the same time as placing the ticket order, I suspect that you would have also received an additional email confirming your registration. If you didn't, that might suggest there is a typo in your email address, or that for some reason your email is just being slow to receive the messages.
Olwen

Post by Olwen » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Will there be any meetups on or before Sept 11th in Dublin?
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
nomial

Post by nomial » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Olwen wrote:Will there be any meetups on or before Sept 11th in Dublin?
That sounds like a good idea! Wouldn't be too hard to organise.
Born With The Gift Of A G

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:42 pm

holydove wrote:I printed out the order confirmations that showed up when I bought the Paris tickets, but I still have not received the confirmation emails which are usually sent pretty quickly, if not immediately. Have others received confirmation emails from topbillet.com/Gerard Drouot? I wonder if I should be worried about this. (I am feeling much less trusting of these websites, given the difficulties with both sherpa & topbillet).
The booking confirmation email from GDP arrived pretty swiftly here.

Try checking your Spam folder though - the message could be lurking within.
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
Toon1981

Post by Toon1981 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Ah, Brill, cheers for that. A4, row Z. Not bad considering I got 6 tickets for us all to sit together. First ever Leonard Cohen gig; kind of excited!
Hartmut wrote:They have a seating plan for Dublin now, by the way.

http://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-g ... 13807s.jpg
Mordy

Post by Mordy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Yes, my confirmation arrived pretty well immediately. I also (grudgingly) paid the extra to have the tickets mailed to me - feel safer having them in my hands rather than waiting until an hour before the concert - although, come to think of it, I did that for the concert in Nimes and it was ok.

Hope it all gets sorted, Holydove.
Gabby

Post by Gabby » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:03 pm

What a flaming day.....went in to work early prepared to log on to get my precious tickets only to find server is down!!! AHHHH :shock: ...never mind, after a while the IT boffins sorted it out and I was on my way....or so I thought....forgot my flaming credit card...AAAHHHH AGAIN!! :oops: :oops: Good friend steps in with hers, so I was on my way again, only to have Ticketmaster site drive me up the wall! Anyway...got my ticket for first night in Dublin so back on cloud nine and all is well in the world again.
Thanks Jarkko, Marrten et al for your wonderful forum, x

Now I'm off to drink gin! :lol:
FatherDougal

Post by FatherDougal » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Anyone happen to know, please, what time Leonard will go on stage in Dublin - might have to change the time of evening mass!!!

Thanks
Well, Ted, as I said last time, it won't happen again.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:31 pm

If you have the printed order confirmations that's fine
When i saw leonard in Barcelona in 2009 , i also never recieved confirmation emails , and it turned out i had made a mistake writing my email when registering .
Fortunately i had printed the order confirmations and even though i opted to pick up the tickets on the night there were no problems.

hope you enjoy all the comncerts
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
sandraa

Post by sandraa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 pm

The seating plan baffles me and i'm infuriated that i turned down tickets which were better than my eventual ones. In block a4 how far back is row dd. I'm taking a child to it so may look for more tickets in the general sale if it's very far.
Grainnemhaoil

Post by Grainnemhaoil » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 pm

somewhat_nifty wrote:
FOXWOOD wrote:SEATWAVE have block A4 ROW B seats for sale at £350-00 EACH for Dublin 11TH Sept.

Did anyone on the forum manage to buy seats in the first few rows ? Or were these seats passed directly to the secondary sellers?

Here is a link to a TV program called "The Great Ticket Scandal"
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... /episode-1
I saw that programme when it was on and have had it in mind this morning... wouldn't put it past them.
I got Block A5, row A, seats 113 - 114 about 0905 this morning for Dublin 11th. I didn't want to buy for the 12th seeing as I didn't know where exactly the seats were and could have ended up way out in the wings. It's outrageous for the event organisers not to present a seating chart when they are asking for €200+ for a pair of tickets. Will have a look now and then again in the morning to see if I can get sorted for the 12th. Still mad happy at the thoughts of seeing him again though.
Oh God, The Trees Are Excellent.
sandraa

Post by sandraa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:45 pm

ok, dd is 30 rows back i've finally worked out. Oh dear, it's so disappointing there was no chart available to look at.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”