Anjani

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
Christine

Anjani

Post by Christine »

Hey Phil,

Thanks SO much for the links. Leonard was spectacular in the interview. Witty, aware, alive, beloved. Much as I love Al G, I wished he'd known he wasn't in a debate!

To everyone, the Norwegian "Hallelujah" is a thing of beauty.

Sadly... still not able to watch Anjani (my broadband ain't bad)....

Thank you again for posting....... this website ROCKS!

Christine
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Leonard was spectacular in the interview. Witty, aware, alive, beloved.
:D Yes :D ~ Great summation, Christine :D .

I could understand Leonard's not pursuing it and diverting to their Tennessee connection; yet, I was sympathetic to Al Gore's making a connection to Leonard's words regarding the heart. This man has made it a point to find the evidence, the proofs, of a world disappearing... we all hear more about it every day... it's a topic of immersion for him. He will connect to anything he can to try to make it real and believable for people and to still convey the sense of hope that makes action the outcome. He's correct, too, that it's of the urgency to where, if we literally wait until... then, it will be too late. We're barely on the edge of its being that now.

It seemed that he may have been contradicting the veracity of Leonard's position on how change occurs; yet, what Leonard was speaking of was true in those areas of life where extinction isn't the outcome, where there is still time for correction, acceptance, or change. There had to be some kind of shift made to bring the comments of these two men together. Al used Leonard's own words to reach out to Leonard and whoever else was watching... and if he doesn't hold to the fact that the heart can change in a fundamental way, then he's lost. Time is of the essence and he couldn't ignore that, either. It was one last plug for his all-life-saving mission. I thought Leonard handled it well.

I loved Leonard's wit regarding money and how if you don't watch it, it will disappear... and how he's become convinced of that :lol: . This was such a [non-monetarily :) ] rich interview in so many ways. Here's the excerpt relating to this and other items. I hope I have it all correct, as the taping is still stopping and when I coax it forward, I miss some. Then, I go backwards to try to catch up with everything, but it's not all working tonight. So, here are some excerpts:

Leonard said about Anjani:
"I depended on that voice... I leaned on ~ I slept on ~ that voice... :lol: . . . it was an affectionate story for a long time, and it ripened into something deeper . . . "
8) sweet and beautiful 8)

After Anjani had described their life together as really quite ordinary, commenting that it's fun and that Leonard's a good cook; Leonard was asked about his life on Mt. Baldy and in responding to that, he commented that while he was up there, he was a cook. Anjani laughed and then, still laughing, turned to the host and said, "I told ya... " and everyone else laughed.

Not long after, the host continued:
Host [H]: "When you came out of this monastery... all your money was gone."

LC: "That's right... that's a pesky little detail."

H: "And, we're speaking millions of dollars here."

LC: "Yes, that's right."

H: "What happened?"

LC: "Well, it was just pilfered, you know... money has a way of disappearing, if you don't watch it very very closely... that's a certain wisdom that I acquired... I wasn't absolutely certain of this, but now I am... " [enthused applause]... "So it's enough to put a dent in your mood... "

H: "You had a manager and she disappeared with all your money?"

LC: "More or less, that's the story, yes."

H: "And you still don't have much money."

LC: "No, not too much. No... no."

H: "But you seem quite happy with it."

LC: "Yeah... [laughing and nodding] Well, you know, I mean I don't recommend this as a spiritual exercise. But if it does happen to you, a lot of very important information is delivered to your heart. For instance, I think that every parent would wait for this to happen. My son said to me... he said, 'Dad, do whatever you have to do on the legal side to take care of the situation... but don't worry about us. We've had a good life and we can take care of ourselves. So, much wonderful information came my way."
I know that some here rely on libraries and cafes for Internet access, so some may be unable to listen via the links, for lack of time or whatever... so this was a little bit of this delightful interview.

And... Roshi is going to be 100 in a couple of days :D . A momentous occasion that I'm delighted Leonard and Roshi are going to be able to share :D .

Now... I WANT ANJANI!!! Is it possible for you to isolate her performance out from your link, Phil, and bring it here separately? It's simply not on the link as I view the screen... the horizontal timer runs out and that's it. The screen goes black and the timer auto-reverts to the beginning.

< *this is too early for me to be up on a Saturday morning... I need to go back to bed... or get ready for my day and for listening to Leonard and Anjani perform in Poland ~ I pray to hear them* >

~ Lizzy
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

Your welcome Christine.Of cause i had to post the link so other people could see this interview that i liked so much myself.
I have the whole program recorded on my pc and could of cause have uploaded a taste of Anjani's song on Youtube.I will have to see,the ghost of copyright is always hanging over ones shoulder.
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

Here is Anjani singing,the video will only be here for a short time
Sorry for the bad quality,had to downgrade it.

Have removed the video, the NRK program can be seen here:
A tip here,after the credits have gone and the screen goes black
just let the video run and the picture comes back and you can
see the studio again.

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/indeks/92040#
Last edited by Philwilli on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

and could of cause have uploaded a taste of Anjani's song on Youtube.I will have to see,the ghost of copyright is always hanging over ones shoulder.
My concern would be more for that of Anjani's own feelings about it... copyright aside.

For now, however, thank you so much for isolating it out and, via PhotoBucket, bringing it to us here. Watching it, I don't want the dance or the song to end. Anjani has brought Leonard's words to such high levels with her own melodic and vocal treatments of them. Each is so individual. Each so beautiful.

The interview reveals how Anjani sparkles and glows like a diamond in the moonlight when she's with Leonard... and how Leonard is infused with a joy and life that is deep and still light as a feather when he is with Anjani. He opens up and shines like the sun when he engages with her. Leonard's involvement is exclusive and complete as he watches and listens to her sing his words. He cannot help but silently sing along.

This entire videotaping is so unbelievably beautiful for so many reasons.

Thank you for bringing it to us, Phil.

~ Lizzy
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks much for sharing! Gret to see Leonard's reactions, and Gore's applause for the most lovely Anjani!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, Dick... I noticed that, too... Gore was clearly taken by Anjani, as well... and very enthusiastic in his reponse. I could also see him from behind watching motionless as she sang.

The timing between the sound and the picture was 'off' with my viewing, but that didn't matter to me. [It surely would on YouTube... but, again, I feel Anjani's wishes are those to be concerned with on that whole issue.] It also cut off before people from the audience coming forward with flowers could be seen; but, as I add this, I'm not sure if you were speaking of something you could see on film, or what you just know occurred. I'm just so glad to have been able to see it at all 8) .

Thanks, again, Phil 8) .

~ Lizzy
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

This is not a video quality contest Lizzy.I deal mostly with high quality video and seeing what is uploaded to Youtube and Photobucket almost makes me sick.But as i see it,it's better than nothing!
What you see here is from the live tv broadcast that i have on my pc.
The audience coming forward can only be seen on the unedited NRK video that you can't see all of.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

This is not a video quality contest Lizzy.I deal mostly with high quality video and seeing what is uploaded to Youtube and Photobucket almost makes me sick.But as i see it,it's better than nothing!
Hi Phil ~

I'm not sure what I said that gave you the impression that I don't agree with you; however, I'm hoping that if you reread what I've said, you'll see that I do.
What you see here is from the live tv broadcast that i have on my pc.

Yes, I knew that.
The audience coming forward can only be seen on the unedited NRK video that you can't see all of.
Yes, that's what I was sensing was the case. I wonder why NRK would block or shorten access for the foreign isp's. Just wishing that I could see all that you're seeing.

Thanks, again, Phil :D .

~ Lizzy
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

No hard feelings Lizzy, but you mentioned the sync between sound and picture.But also that it didn't matter to you.
I think the NRK site possible could only be for norwegians thats why only we can see all and that foreigen IP's get cut.
But looking at the video and now i know i'm touching fire,do you think Anjani is becoming Leonards voice?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

No hard feelings Lizzy, but you mentioned the sync between sound and picture.But also that it didn't matter to you.
After I thought about it, I thought maybe that was it. I mentioned it because I know others will be watching it; and if they wonder whether it's just their computer, I wanted them to know it's not. No hard feelings here, either, Phil.

If, as you say, Anjani is becoming Leonard's voice, I feel it's a fusion that's occurring naturally. They've been together so long and they've shared so much and now even what's most precious to him, the offerings of his muse. If you're speaking in terms of mortality, when we've invested our life in something, as Leonard has, the thought of leaving it all behind and having it just end has got to be uncomfortable, as at peace as we may be with the fact of life spans and our own life coming to a close. How much easier is the thought that we might be able to continue on through another in the most direct way imaginable. This can only be done through trust... and the deep trust that is there between them is as palpable as everything else. When it involves nature, they even literally call it a Trust. In the legal sense, as well, the word has specific applications that directly relate to the concept. Leonard has made it very clear how he feels about Anjani's respect and delicate attention to his words and ideas with the integration and balance of music and voice. So, yes, to answer your question, my feeling is that Anjani is in the process of being given carte blanche permission, endorsement, and blessings by Leonard, to pursue in his absence his notebooks, journals, and catalogues of writing in whatever way she desires. Leonard may also bestow upon Adam the same good wishes. I can think of no one better or better suited to the privilege than these two, whom Leonard so deeply admires.

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Leonard said about Anjani:

"I depended on that voice... I leaned on ~ I slept on ~ that voice... :lol: . . . it was an affectionate story for a long time, and it ripened into something deeper . . . "

8) sweet and beautiful 8)

His loss of fortune... "It's a pesky little detail." I'll be happy to transcribe all of his comments surrounding this if anyone isn't able to watch/listen to his witty commentary about this event. Please say something here... or by PM. I know not that some rely on libraries and cafes for Internet access, so may be unable to listen via there for lack of time or whatever.

And... Roshi is going to be 100 in a couple of days :D . A momentous occasion that I'm delighted Leonard and Roshi are going to be able to share :D .

~ Lizzy

I've already got most of that section transcribed, but have to leave my house. I'll finish it up when I return.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Anjani has written and had posted a "Letter from the Road" on her website addressing their London and Oslo performances.

This promotional tour is going exceedingly well. They are getting back proportionate to all that they are giving 8) .

It's at http://www.anjani-music.com/news.html and it plain just makes you happy for them :D .

~ Lizzy

Return to “Related Artists”