New Anjani album

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
JJR

New Anjani album

Post by JJR »

I know this has been posted elsewhere but it should really be on this thread. Anjani has indicated that her new album, with Leonard Cohen participation, will be issued in May. Here's the link to her website:

http://anjani-music.com/music/
peter danielsen

Re: New Anjani album

Post by peter danielsen »

Hm when will the new album be released
Peter
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
JJR

Post by JJR »

There appears to be some uncertainty about a physical release for this album. On March 1st Anjani posted this on her Facebook page:

i still buy cds. question is, do you? because i'm staring at a list of reasons why i shouldn't press the new release in hard copy. so you could REALLY help me out by making your preferences known. also, tell me what country you reside in and whether or not you keep the packaging; because that makes a difference too. i'll be waiting for your response..xoA

My advice would be to watch i-tunes for a digital release some time this month. There may or may not be a physical release.
peter danielsen

Strange, now we are mid may, still no sign of the album. I must continue my loveaffair with blue alert
Peter
peter danielsen

may 28.
Gosh will that record ever happen? Or did they mean may 2015?

Peter
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

There was an update on May 26 on Anjani's Facebook page and website. She says that she regrets that she gave her word on a May release date and "that is utter crap now". She has some promo interviews arranged for early July and says that the album will be out by then.

It will be a digital release only, at least initially, due to the logistical and financial complications which a physical release require - finding manufacturers, distribution etc etc.

Wendy
peter danielsen

Well at least its good to know its comming. Some of us will wait for love forever, for even though longing is hard its far better than no moon at all
Peter
peter danielsen

Anjani I've been waiting
I've been waiting night and day
it's now july 1.
hey hey and hey hey hey

(Well I guess Im no LC)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Anjani's new album is now available for download!

more at http://www.anjani-music.com, and the link to purchase is http://cdbaby.com/cd/anjanithomas
(The album is available for download only)

1. Standing On the Stairs 5:43
2. Love in Between 3:50
3. Holy Ground 4:04
4. Song to Make Me Still 3:09
5. I Came to Love 4:37
6. The Goal 3:48
7. Clean Slate 4:30
8. Love Be a River 4:17
9. I'd Still Have You 2:59
10. Weather a Storm With You 6:35

Album Notes
I Came To Love, a new release from Anjani Thomas, heralds the next chapter for the accomplished singer-songwriter. This ten-song collection chronicles the path of the heart through passion, jeopardy, and ultimately love, all revealed through Anjani’s fluid and mesmerizing sound.

Picking up where the critically acclaimed Blue Alert left off, Anjani sets the tone with the album’s title track: i came to love as a novice / with an aim to learn… now I love as a woman / sure of what she sings. With vocal nuances and impeccable phrasing, Anjani establishes a startlingly intimate connection with the listener: she’s not singing to you, she is touching what’s inside of you.

Anjani’s creative partnerships have always been unerringly honed, and it is no exception with the assembly of pros on this recording. Jerry Marotta (Peter Gabriel), acts as producer and percussionist on six tracks, building potent rhythms on Weather A Storm With You, and the mysteriously moody Standing On The Stairs. Toronto producers Rob Piltch and Jonathan Goldsmith sync a hypnotic trance groove on Holy Ground: my lover stands on holy ground/in a scarred and barren field/where my weakness is revealed/he holds space for me to heal.

Love In Between features country music giant Larry Campbell (Bob Dylan, Levon Helm) on guitars and fiddle; while renowned flamenco guitarist Pavlo takes a passionate solo turn on Love Be A River. For her longtime fans, Anjani reprises her celebrated musical collaboration with the legendary Leonard Cohen on three new tracks, including Song To Make Me Still, a wistful poem sung to meditative piano accompaniment.

One part biography, one part love letter, one part statement album, I Came to Love is a rich and varied musical journey. “It took much longer than I expected to finish this record,” Anjani says, because every time I thought it was done, something tipped the balance, which compelled me to keep working until it felt complete again. Leonard told me when we started writing together in 2005 that part of the creative process is allowing for that sense of ‘Ah, now it’s right.” It can take time for the weak spots to surface; and being patient yielded songs as nurturing to write as they are satisfying to sing. For me, it was worth the wait.”
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

When you go to cdbaby, you select what format you want: MP3, MP3-320, and FLAC files are included in purchase.

Anjani writes about FLAC files:
Some formats (eg flac) are lossless, meaning that no information is lost when then music is converted from .wav to that format. Others (such as mp3) lose some data and so degrade the sound quality. mp3 has the advantage that the music takes up less space on the computer hard drive and downloads faster, which was important when Internet connection speeds were slower. These days, it is a horrible trade off.

Not all music players support .flac, but there are free players for Apple users you can download that do. For example I use VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html) and there is also Foobar (http://www.foobar2000.org/). People can also download the music in .flac format and then use Audacity to convert to mp3 if they want to play it on an Apple device such as the iPod,iPad r iPhone, that does not support .flac
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

Got it. Love it.

Return to “Related Artists”