John Bilezikjan

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
Evie B

Re: John Bilezikjan

Post by Evie B »

Yes, Lizzie, and of course we should remember Mark Twain when a newspaper got it wrong!
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Evie ~

Was Mark the one who said,"Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated" or was that someone else?

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Lizzy,

Mark Twain did say that. It was one of the answers on today's Jeopardy 8) .

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

Lizzy/Mary
Yes, apparently the New York Journal muddled him with his cousin who was either dying or dead and reported on it. Hence the quote when he responded "The report of my death is an exaggeration"
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hey, thanks, MaryB and Evie, for getting all that cleared up. Ironic that it was on today's Jeopardy, too, eh :lol: ?

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

I also wondered why John was not on this tour. Glad to hear he is still alive and I have just looked at the Youtube clip posted which is a wonderful example of his musical skills.

Honeyrose
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I was watching a rerun of the movie "Beowulf" last night and while checking the cast list for a character, a familiar name jumped out at me.
John Bilezikjian is listed as Musician #2.
I had a look at where he would have appeared and I must say, I didn't recognise him.
Beowulf is a 2007 American motion capture computer-animated fantasy film so I suppose he was not as I would have expected.
Wikipedia does not list him either as a cast member or as a musician on the sound track. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beowulf_%282007_film%29
IMDb however does list him in the full cast and in "music department". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442933/ful ... t_ov_st_sm
The link from his name leads to his personal IMDb page where other movie credits are listed.

Just a little bit of trivia that may interest some.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's so cool, Alan. I loved John's musicianship with Leonard.
I may check out some of those links to see what else he's done, too.
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Read about The John Bilezikjian Foundation at http://johnbilezikjianfoundation.com

The John Bilezikjian Foundation was created to honor the lifetime achievements of John Bilezikjian in music and education, and to support those striving to continue his legacy. For fifty years, audiences have enjoyed his music, in recordings, film scores, classical concerts, and personal appearances. His lifelong passion and dedication to music has entertained and inspired thousands.

A benefit concert, “The Magic of John Bilezikjian”, kicked-off the creation of the John Bilezikjian Foundation. Music lovers had the chance to hear John Bilezikjian live in concert at the La Mirada Theatre and Performing Arts Center on August 21, 2011.

In our commitment to further John’s legacy, we are undertaking several projects and events. Some projects include a “Kef” Dance, Song Book and Autobiography by John Bilezikjian.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “Related Artists”