ADAM COHEN: TOUR 2011

Adam Cohen's music, tours, other news
sirp2000

Re: ADAM COHEN: Updated schedule with ticket links

Post by sirp2000 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Is anyone here planning to go to Brighton on 14 November?

If so, you can now book direct with the Komedia at http://komediabrighton.ticketsolve.com/ ... 737/events.

This will just cost you £32 for two tickets as opposed to £35.85 through AEG. I do object to an additional £2.25 fee for the privelege of having to collect the tickets at the box office!

It is advertised as a standing event, which seems a shame as my wife cannot stand for a whole concert and I would have thought the music more conducive to sitting.
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Anybody planning to go to Adam's concert in Glasgow next week? November 9th at Oran Mor. Be nice to see a friendly face, or 2.
sandraa

Post by sandraa » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:48 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandraarms ... 312382175/
The show last night in Dundalk was great and Adam was charming and entertaining to the very receptive crowd. The venue as very small and intimate and it was refreshing to hear a performer finish by saying he was going outside for a cigarette but would be back for photos and a chat.I'd really recommend the concerts to anyone who can attend. His rendition of Marianne was excellent.
jeney

Re:

Post by jeney » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:52 pm

I went to see Adam in the Spirit Store, he can carry a tune, and has excellent backing. He may be his father's son but as a songwriter or performer he is not his father's successor.
Dublin 22nd July 2009. Sligo 31st July and 1st August 2010.
I dreamed about you, baby
It was just the other night.
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Sandra, your photos are outstanding! Well done. I was in Crawdaddy last night and let's just say even though I was at the front my camera would not cooperate and my photos are a disaster! However I did get nice ones with Adam after the show. Have to say he was brilliant last night and we all enjoyed ourselves very much. It was a night of stories and song with plenty of laughter along the way. Adam was visably moved by the crowds reaction especially after So Long Marianne which like you Sandra I thought was excellent. Those of us at the front even got to share a bottle of tequila with Adam much to the envy of those further back! Meeting Adam was a pleasure and when I first met him before the concert he told me he recognised my name from my review of his album and email interview with him and he told me he loved my accent!! He also admired my unified heart ring which was a present from a friend in spain. He was very gracious with his time and spent ages chatting, signing and posing for photos after the gig. More than once he told me it was lovely to meet me and thanked me for coming. Currently writing my review which I will post once it is published. :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:46 pm

annmarie wrote:Any Irish fans see Adam on The View on Tues night?
I guess it could be that for us there's only ONE Cohen!

Anne ;-) ;-)
I wish Adam Cohen well in his difficult role of Son-of-a-famous-Father, but I agree with you Annmarie about that tedious song "What other guy" as performed on The View. How brave you are, though - have you not noticed that any hint of criticism on the forum risks an attack from the jealots? Still, things have quietened down a bit here now, as others have noted, so you might get away with it! :roll:
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:05 pm

musicmania wrote: Meeting Adam was a pleasure and when I first met him before the concert he told me he recognised my name from my review of his album and email interview with him and he told me he loved my accent!! He also admired my unified heart ring which was a present from a friend in spain. He was very gracious with his time and spent ages chatting, signing and posing for photos after the gig. More than once he told me it was lovely to meet me and thanked me for coming. :D
From reading all the reviews so far (thank you all!), I have to say that at least in this way Adam is 'a chip off the block' :D
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:40 am

TipperaryAnn wrote:

Anne ;-) ;-)
How brave you are, though - have you not noticed that any hint of criticism on the forum risks an attack from the jealots? Still, things have quietened down a bit here now, as others have noted, so you might get away with it! :roll:
We're not music critics, we're FANS!
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:11 pm

burningviolin wrote:
TipperaryAnn wrote:

Anne ;-) ;-)
How brave you are, though - have you not noticed that any hint of criticism on the forum risks an attack from the jealots? Still, things have quietened down a bit here now, as others have noted, so you might get away with it! :roll:
We're not music critics, we're FANS!
Well I guess as a reviewer I am both. I am not against criticism once it is constructive and has a basis but don't agree with criticism for the sake of it. I've seen the comments about there being only one Cohen which I do not agree with. Adam is an artist in his own right and I for one am not looking for a successor to his father. For me there is only one Leonard Cohen and I only want one Leonard Cohen. Adam's songs for me while having traits of his fathers are still his own songs and I like him as an artist not because he is Leonard's son but because I actually like his music. Yes my love of his father led me to his songs but it is Adams talents that kept me interested.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

friscogrl

Re: ADAM COHEN: TOUR 2011

Post by friscogrl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Gwen, my sentiments exactly. While listening to Like a Man yesterday I thought this album is so enjoyable and so well done it doesn't really matter to me who his father is. It stands alone on it's merit. Like you I am not looking for or want another Leonard. I don't think my heart could take it!

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
carysmp

Post by carysmp » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Have been a bit slow here.Seen some video clips of Adam on Facebook which I liked but did not realise until yesterday that he is now at my neck of the woods .Lucky Irish girls how do you do it ? !!Anyone I know going to see him in Liverpool or is it too late :?: ?
Judy

Post by Judy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi Carys,

I think Dave, Ciaran and Paula and maybe Margaret are going . I've sent you a pm.

Judy xxx
annmarie

Post by annmarie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:19 am

TipperaryAnn wrote:

Anne ;-) ;-)
I wish Adam Cohen well in his difficult role of Son-of-a-famous-Father, but I agree with you Annmarie about that tedious song "What other guy" as performed on The View. How brave you are, though - have you not noticed that any hint of criticism on the forum risks an attack from the jealots? Still, things have quietened down a bit here now, as others have noted, so you might get away with it! :roll:
Aw Ann I'm not so cynical, LOL!!
Surely Democracy still rules on this forum. ;-)
Padma

Post by Padma » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:47 am

Is anyone going to Bush Hall?
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:00 am

annmarie wrote:
TipperaryAnn wrote:

Anne ;-) ;-)
Aw Ann I'm not so cynical, LOL!!
Surely Democracy still rules on this forum. ;-)
Given that this is the Leonard Cohen Forum I should hope so ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdePVqDPa6I

Return to “Adam Cohen”